DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I debated which thread to put this in that JT would see - I will go with this one

1402735847292140324.jpg

Yup - someone made a mod that turned blimps into God Damn Reapers

That is way too awesome for words.

So Dan, it looked like you were having a wee bit of trouble connecting in yesterday...  I swore I saw "Novocain88" was playing GTA V about 5 times last night.

Also, what the hell is this new glitch where there's an explosion going off near the elevator of your garage?  

Haven't been on in a week or so, so I haven't run into any weird explosions yet.  Did find UFOs in a new spot, last time I was on - just east of the mall where the road goes under it.  Ran into one just as I was trying to allah akbar a tank.

The big problem with current-generation passive mode is that quite often, people in passive will still display as a solid dot on the little map. I came barreling toward someone with a stickied-up car yesterday just to find at the very last second that they were in passive.

And no UFOs on the One. No glitches, either.

Went into a room with a bounty and played a game of "who wants it?" by getting on the roof of my garage and waiting for the fun to start. Guy was getting ready to shoot me when the cops got me. A tank (!) shot at some gas pumps I was near and exploded those and took me out, but didn't get credit for the kill, because the explosion killed me, not the tank's shot. Thankfully, the tank went somewhere else.

It boiled down to me and another dude. He finally got the bounty, but not before I went 6-0 on him. By the time I took a race invite and let him off the hook, it was 14-1.

• Like 2

I debated which thread to put this in that JT would see - I will go with this one

1402735847292140324.jpg

Yup - someone made a mod that turned blimps into God Damn Reapers

Too bad we can't get these in online.  In my head I can hear melraz saying "cancel reaper" now.

• Like 2

So Dan, it looked like you were having a wee bit of trouble connecting in yesterday...  I swore I saw "Novocain88" was playing GTA V about 5 times last night.

Also, what the hell is this new glitch where there's an explosion going off near the elevator of your garage?  

Is that what that is??? I had my spawn set for the garage, so I noticed it a few times over the last couple of days. I just assumed there was a jet asshole nearby without looking at the map. Never occurred to me that it's a glitch. It's annoying as hell though.

I've been getting on just about every day to do my daily objectives (unless I get some that are too much of a pain in the ass to be worth it). I ran into what I will now consider my archenemy, and I hope I run into him again, because he pulled some of the biggest bitch moves I've seen. I have to admit that what he did in the end was clever as hell, but it still legitimately pissed me off. I had to tell myself, "You're a grown man and it's a game - just finish your objectives and turn this shit off."

One of my objectives was to collect a bounty, and I spent way too long trying to set a bounty on someone who was nearby and get them before anyone else did. This particular dickhead (RedRover314 or something along those lines) got one of my bounty attempts, so I decided to focus my efforts on him. He was one of those who likes to troll around the map in a Kuruma. I blew him up three different times, and he'd just keep calling them back in. When he would actually get out of the car and fight, he got up about 5-3 on me, so he wasn't bad by any means. I got in a sniper fight with him, tagged him once, and he ran around the corner to......get in another Kuruma.

Once I had time to call Lester to set a bounty on him, I put a $9,000 on him. Stout's words were echoing in my mind - "If you're gonna do it, do it right." Well, this fucker immediately leaves the room. Constant Kuruma was bitch move #1, leaving the room was #2. I went into my recently met players list through the Xbox menu because I was going to follow him, but I couldn't find him. Is there any other way to do that?

Anyway, I said fuck it and loaded up Top Fun 3 to get my Versus mission out of the way. No one was joining for several minutes, and then who shows up but Red Rover. I think, "I'm fairly decent at this...maybe I can get my payback this way." Here is where bitch move #3 comes in.

He waits until the mission is about to load and then I get a message telling me the mission was canceled because there aren't enough players. I spawn back into freemode and realize ever so late that his ass just spawned right behind me. I whipped out the shotgun and turned around, but it was too late. It was about this time that it clicked just what he had done. I was pissed as shit, but like I said, I did have to admire the effort he went to to be a complete dick. By the time I respawned, he was halfway up in Blaine County in his stupid Kuruma again. I had wasted about two hours at that point just trying to do three objectives, so I said forget it and just loaded Top Fun again. Am I butthurt and whining about it? You dalm right.

I finally got a random to do it with me, and when it ended, he voted on Top Fun 2. I decided to do it, and he used a tactic that is so dirt simple that I'm ashamed I never thought of it. Rather than drive the Coquette toward the marker, he turned around and jumped into the airport to steal one of my jets. It's risky as hell because I almost (and should have) got him before he got in the air, but I figure it's worth trying. I don't think I've ever successfully made it in a car anyway.

• Like 2

Havoc was forever stealing Jets in Top Fun. It was his favourite thing to do. He'd also blow up the spare jets when he was chasing, just so nobody could do it back to him.

The biggest bitch move (as a runner) in Top Fun 2 is to ignore the cars and walk down the subway tunnels instead. We've had that happen. It was locked to pistols as well. We should have just flown up to the finish line and camped it there, so we'd have won by time expiration. Jumping out and having a pistol LTS was a bad idea.

I was on last night for the first time in months. Petrol has gone from being 100 levels behind me to over 100 ahead. But I saved the galaxy (three times) and killed all of John Marston's old gang, and cured the Zombie apocalypse while he was doing that.

Am I the only one who changed my outfit to all white and gold?

• Like 1

Dear white dots, If you're reading this, I suggest maybe playing minecraft tonight. If you're in freemode, I'm coming for you. Nothing personal, it's just been that kinda week

If you're doing the 360 version, I should be around too. To be clear, if you're talking about the One, don't feel obligated to switch over on my account.

After all this time on the board, I still mix up DVDVR names with Xbox names and real names. Dragon - without using your real name or Xbox name in case you don't want either posted - you're the pilot, right? If so, I saw you get on and then switch to another game. Does it start to load and then kick you back off?

• Like 1

I've talked about it for a long time, but I finally broke down and got it for the One after work. It was a used, cheaper copy, so I figured what the hell. (Don't worry Mel, I'm not done with the 360 either.)

I just popped it in and figure all the updates should be finished installing around Thanksgiving.

What's different about the controls?

• Like 1

Maybe we can rope Stout in and roll 3 deep.  The only thing that's technically different on the controls (at least as far as I know) is the handbrake when driving is the right bumper.

They just feel a little off to me, like everything is a little less responsive.  Might just be me imagining it.

No I think I get it too. I can't seem to get shooting down or something, and that handbrake thing is already throwing me. I also feel drunk trying to snipe with the focus blurring when you move. (Please tell me that's real and I'm not having a stroke.) I will have to get used to it.

I had a hard time deciding which character to transfer. Most of the stats on my dude appeared to be bottomed out for some reason, so I picked the chick. Might as well get next-gen molested, right?

Stout...3/4 Horsemen reunion? I was gonna say something about Starrcade, but I think we're more Bash at the Beach.

• Like 1

It automatically transfers both of em, even if you only try to transfer one. 

I forgot about the blurriness on the sniper scope.  It ain't just you.  Ought to be on in half an hour or so, just got to finish getting the house settled down first.

It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Robert and I were in a room and a party together for about 10-20 minutes before I could figure out why we couldn't hear each other. I think my Kinect was messing things up, but needless to say, party chat on the One is...different.

Stout got on later and we all did our usual until I wussed out for bed. Good playing with you guys again.

One word of warning to all the One players out there. With the amount of buses that spawn in the One version, just because one is headed toward you does NOT mean it is an NPC and you're safe. You're about to be Roblah Akbar'd.

• Like 2

That one guy who would not quit running was hilarious. Never had someone try to escape the eventual killing in a submarine before. He got in a Buzzard after RUkered left, took a couple of half-hearted passes at us, then went to get a jump jet. Robert canceled jump jet pretty quick, and dude decided it was time to fold 'em.

At one point while he was running, Robert and I teamed to take care of a major Level 9 threat in the city. We were teaching him valuable techniques about how not to get sniped. At one point, he came running up to me with no weapon drawn, and I swear, it was like "thank goodness, mister, there's these guys up here shooting me, you gotta help me," so I machine gunned several holes in him to teach him the ways of DTA. He quit soon after.

No one would really stick around and scrap. The guy who had running down to a science wasn't terrible when we did corner him into a fight. I'd rather go down swinging than go down running.

• Like 1