DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I may be able to partake in the sanctioning of white dots this evening as well.  My GF is over, however she has work in the morning, and I've watched all the Game of Thrones episodes in the past week

I fucking failed at getting online last night....when I got home at 1am the GF was watching hbogo waiting up on me and depriving herself of sleep.  We started watching the Grand Budapest hotel (it was....eh)  and by the time she tapped out I saw that Stout and Robert had as well.

I decided to buy this game on PS4 (even though I have the 360 version) because it was on sale at Fry's Electronics. The first-person mode pretty much makes this a whole new game in a ton of ways. It's blowing my mind. 

Had fun in the city tonight. Me and burke both got some messages. "hey can i be on your team" as he came runnin towards us bam head got turned into a canoe. Friend request...head canoe. Party invite....head hollowed again. Not much talent in los santos tonight. One guy (spartacus) got me 3 times inna row (when i got stuck on the beach with 4 or 5 other dots) to tie it up. We ended up whoopin his and his buddies ass quite a bit. While we were bustin ass, Burke gets a message (sorry im tellin it burke) from some other dude we were killin earlier "spartacus is sendin me messages about you guys" : "oh yeah??" : "Hes offerin money to come kill yall" : "come and get it" : "nah" if it needs corrected burke jump in and correct it. They got killed by AA rockets in helicopters planes and cars. Rocketed, grenaded, proximitied, stickied, machine gunned, and of course sniped. Wish i could remember the crew they were in. I think it ended me 14 spartacus 5 and his buddy never killed me so dont know that count. He was the best of the bunch.....asses were kicked....heads were exploded....fun times were had

• Like 1

Hey Chicos, accept my crew request.

Is this you: MapRef41N93W?

If so, accepted. That was the only pending request.

Mel, good kickin' ass. I really didn't wanna leave Los Santos last time I was on, but damn, my body basically says "fucker, time to sleep" at about 2:30 a.m.these days. So some guy got offered money to take you on and was like "fuck that"? Hilarious. That's when you know you're the BMOC in Los Santos.

• Like 1

Yeah it was great i hope burke saved em and will share. I quit about midnight tonight cause i was tired and now its 2:30 and im still watch tv....dumb ass. Yo ryback my name is same as on here melraz09 if your on 360 shoot me an invite sorry if you already have i deleted it not knowin.

I have to admit the first time I saw screenshots of GTA from a first person mode it felt... very, very strange.

It works for the most part - it does make the world seem a lot more expansive. Trying to fly gave me a headache though.

Had fun in the city tonight. Me and burke both got some messages. "hey can i be on your team" as he came runnin towards us bam head got turned into a canoe. Friend request...head canoe. Party invite....head hollowed again. Not much talent in los santos tonight. One guy (spartacus) got me 3 times inna row (when i got stuck on the beach with 4 or 5 other dots) to tie it up. We ended up whoopin his and his buddies ass quite a bit. While we were bustin ass, Burke gets a message (sorry im tellin it burke) from some other dude we were killin earlier "spartacus is sendin me messages about you guys" : "oh yeah??" : "Hes offerin money to come kill yall" : "come and get it" : "nah" if it needs corrected burke jump in and correct it. They got killed by AA rockets in helicopters planes and cars. Rocketed, grenaded, proximitied, stickied, machine gunned, and of course sniped. Wish i could remember the crew they were in. I think it ended me 14 spartacus 5 and his buddy never killed me so dont know that count. He was the best of the bunch.....asses were kicked....heads were exploded....fun times were had

Nope, you got it right. We had someone trying to put real world bounties on us last night. Hilarious.

The guy sent the messages through the in-game phone. I just checked my 360 app on my phone to see if they also show up in the Xbox messaging, but I didn't see them. I'll check the actual 360 tonight and see if they're on there. I hope so.

But yeah, the dude straight up said "nah." Nate ain't kidding - as shitty as I usually am, even I was tearing ass. That Spartacus dude got me a few times, but that was about it. On one of them, I knew I was going to die. He had thrown a proximity on the hospital roof where the choppers spawn. I could hear it, but I had never been close to one yet, so I was easing my way around, trying to spot it. Turns out I did see it - I just didn't know what they look like. Now I do. They really are tough to spot.

There were several times where I'd shoot a grenade at a car, see it explode, and then see the message: melraz09 has killed so-and-so. While I was thumping grenades, he was firing rockets. It was just one of those nights. We're both on your asses - it's just a matter of whose rocket/grenade/bullet finds you first.

It was a whole damn lot of fun, but like Stout, my internal clock has been kicking my ass lately and I know if I don't make myself turn it off, I'm not hearing the alarm in the morning.

I have to admit the first time I saw screenshots of GTA from a first person mode it felt... very, very strange.

It works for the most part - it does make the world seem a lot more expansive. Trying to fly gave me a headache though.

I've played it a couple of times at a buddy's house and, if I ever end up buying it, I think I will use first-person view on foot and third-person in a vehicle. While it's cool to see all the gauges working in a car or plane, I just can't see shit while I'm driving or flying. I end up tumbling down mountains and getting so disoriented that I have no idea where I am.

Even first-person view on foot is strange. It's the first video game that's ever made me call back to the elementary school rule - "left, right, left before crossing the street." If you don't, your ass will get creamed by a car.

• Like 1

GTA in first-person view is one of the things that will benefit from Oculus Rift-style headsets. Moving the camera to look around is cumbersome, but moving your head to look around would make the whole thing come together. I was immersed enough in the game that I actually started to turn my head quickly just to check my blind spot when getting over a lane as I was driving. With a headset, that would actually work and cut down on the disorientation and blind spots that are inherent to playing in first person with just a traditional controller. 

Somehow managed to play a fair amount yesterday.  Nobody was around, so I braved the mean streets on my lonesome.  For some reason, the servers were infested with low level players, so all the fights ended up being very one sided. 

One guy attacked me while I was minding my own business trying to steal a gang car in the hood.  He turned out to be a level 20 something.  He died about 15 times without a kill before a high level guy decided to come to his defense.  The second guy managed a couple kills while I alternated killing them both. 

Worst ass kicking came after I chased a bounty down to the heliport south of the beach.  Another guy beat me there and got the kill, so he ate an allah akbar.  I spawned across the water and set to sniping him over and over.  He finally got to a chopper so I shot that down with a guided rocket, then got him with a regular RPG on his next takeoff.  Sniped him a few more times before he finally got to a third chopper.  I got radar lock on that one, so he decided to bail out.  Didn't save him though, as he got sniped out of his parachute.

I came to the realization that proximity mines have turned me into a complete asshole.  Spawned into one room and got a notice that somebody had taken the high priority vehicle.  I was right by the garage where you turn it in, so I threw a mine down in that little driveway and headed north.  I was about halfway to the east side pay and spray when I got the notices that the vehicle had been destroyed and I had killed the guy.  I also got one guy in the downtown pay and spray driveway with one I threw down and left.  Final kill was after I set a trap for somebody near Simeon's dealership.  He didn't trigger it, but somebody else wandered into it about 15 minutes later.  I was over by the golf course by then, so I'm guessing the poor sap had no clue what happened to him.

• Like 2

That shit is the worst. The other one I hate is when they kill themselves when you get the upper hand.

Had a dick kill me and blow up my car with a Buzzard as I came out of Ammunation. (One day, I will learn to stop doing that in public rooms...doubtful.) I Allah Akbar'd his ass and kept chasing him. I threw a sticky on his car, but he killed himself just before I triggered it. He respawned on a beach, and right as I lined up my scope, he killed himself again and then left the room. Bastard.

And sorry I missed you yesterday Robert. I was playing Dead Rising 3 on the One and checked my friends list when I quit. I switched over to GTA, but you were gone by the time it loaded.

• Like 1

The passive-aggressive folks are certainly annoying, especially the ones that use the go passive/climb ladder/get shot off building/go passive again approach.  The ones that try to come out of passive right next to you are usually easier to deal with.

I swear the easy way out guys are the most annoying ones in the game, at least since most of the jet boys seem to be behind bars now. 

No problem yesterday Burke.  I was of and on throughout the day, so I was actually away a lot of the time.  Little one is starting to sleep through most of the night now, so I might be on a little more often.

At what point did going passive because the other guy's in a better position than you become a tactic people could employ without feeling shame in their heart?

This is why Deathmatches are better than fighting in Freemode. That and the fact that you get paid GTA$ for killing people in Deathmatches.

The weak link of the Horsemen's still getting creamed at work and will be for the near future. Robert's low-level room sounded like Stoutville - the last time I was on, I was bummed that the last guy in the room wasn't going down without a fight. "LEAVE ALREADY, DAMMIT! DON'T MAKE ME STAY UP ALL NIGHT!"

• Like 1

Tell those fuckers you've gotta get some time off.  All these white dots ain't gonna allah akbar themselves. 

Maybe the weekend was why there were so many low levels.  I almost never play during the day on the weekends.  Should've gone into the chat to see if they were all 8 year olds.

• Like 1

"THAT BITCH GOT A RPG!"

Edit: I had a hilarious afternoon session with some random (chick name, chick character, but you know how that goes) who could flat play some GTA. I stepped into a four-person scrum immediately, and this green Zentorno drove by, honking, and killed the guy I was sparring with.

So I figured "let's hang back and see if I have an ally here." I did. We wiped the floor with that scrum, my new buddy just unleashing death in that Zentorno.

We headed to the airport and ran into a guy on the game chat bragging about being a hacker who could make us drop our weapons. Sure enough, the only time I faced off with him, I'd shoot, then put my gun by my side, shoot, gun by my side, etc. I still managed a double kill.

But we proceeded to wreck the guy anyway. My buddy kept killing him in that Zentorno, and the hacker would get into the airport, where I was waiting on the roof to ruin his escape plans with the homing RPG. This would spawn him back out in front of the airport, where the Zentorno of Death was waiting for him. Then he'd go back to the airport, and guess what would happen? Hacker boy wound up leaving.

Funniest one was some Level 24 dude joining the room and immediately getting in our shit. Not a good move. He lasted about 15 minutes. I used my few stickies Allah Akbaring him and the cops were furious at me, so I took off in a car. Me and Zentorno boy/girl proceeded to run over the dude (who was never in passive) about 10-12 times until he said "screw this" and left. One of  my favorite run-offs ever. Zentorno would run him over, and I'd be right behind the zentorno to run hapless victim down as he was getting up. Good times, good times.

• Like 2