DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

God, problem was, I was the other guys' Fishnuts. They'd realize you two could actually play and I was like Corky in the actual Olympics, not the Special ones, and they'd start teeing off on me out of frustration for actually having a battle on their hands with you guys.

Fishnuts was like therapy after that one dude absolutely handed me my ass. I can't think of his name. The Piano Man. He had me 22-5 at one point. He left, and I was like "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, FISHNUTS!" and we curbstomped him out of the game. Another guy rode up on me and I was the welcome wagon, except the welcome wagon was outfitted with an RPG. He managed to not get a complete assbeating before leaving.

I had never seen the UFOs in a mission before, but sure enough. But it wouldn't surprise me if dude I was doing the mission with had the modding menu. He's fascinated with shit like that, loves doing that single-player to multiplayer car glitch. And R* is supposed to be finished with this bit of server maintenance. I'd say I have a better shot at winning the Powerball than the heists coming down on time.

That Deathmatch session was a freakin' blast, even though I was generally getting beat. Ol' Redshirt carried the day for us that one deathmatch - Mel and I were on a team with some dude who was a Level 19. We're both over 200. We just kinda sat around getting killed while the Level 19 guy was owning everybody, and we wound up winning the deathmatch. Good stuff. He was very competitive in that Pier one where it was me and Mel against Robert and Redshirt after our teammate left. We did him a favor by keeping it at forced plus pickups, though.

• Like 1

I may be on some before my usual 7:30 to 10 PM Thursday commit.  May be on after as well, if I can stay awake after playing way, way too much freemode last night.

Lots of flakiness last night.  UFOs are back, if they ever really left.  Saw one in a Rooftop Rumble I was spectating Stout on, and then ran right smack into one in freemode.  Sticky bombs weren't working a lot of the time, or were detonating really late.  melraz and I ran into one asshole who was invisible and not appearing on the radar as well.  Second time I've run into one of those.

Not sure if this was real or more flakiness, but misanthrope and I both got world lap records on that figure 8 track down at the airport.  Goodbye beloved racing brunette tattoo.  Hello brand new racing blonde. 

melraz discovered the joys of team DMs vs. randoms last night, and was like a kid in a candy store.

Seemed like every guy I shot wanted a one on one DM last night, especially the really terrible guys.  Must've got at least 15 requests for those.  Lots of awful guys last night

- ACPseal.  I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he named himself for the aquatic mammal rather than the navy version.  Was about as dangerous as a baby harp seal as well.  Got up about 5-0 on him before he started spawning on the beach.  Then things got really ugly till he left.

- ELITE BEAT DOWN.  Pretty sure he misspelled "please stop beating me down.  I'm really terrible at this game".  Was up at least 15-0 on him before my game froze.  Everybody else was curbstomping him too. 

- fishnuts.  Fishnuts is the cure for what ails you.  Having an off day in GTA?  Struggling with getting killed over and over?  Felling down?  Try fishnuts.  just kill him as many times as you like till you feel better.  Wound up at least 12-0 on him, and he only even manged to hit me with a round once.  Then I realized he was level 6.  But he would not stop coming at me, and kept sending those stupid one on one invites.

Gah.  It sounds like you guys had a great time.  I will feel better about not being able to play last night when I step into our new townhome and chill in my badass loft.

A mere thirty minutes from RFK.

I've gotta straighten up my apartment in prep for the weekend.  Hopefully we will get to terrorize free mode and get into some Team DM's with clueless randoms.

• Like 1

Gotta take care of real life first sometimes.

I'm taking advantage of being able to play while I can.  Little one on the way around late December early January means I won't be playing much of anything for quite a while afterwards.

• Like 2

Got a Monroe now, to go with my Roosevelt. They really need to add more fast cars to the Sports Classics class

It's kind of a fair representation. 60's/70's era sports cars will lose drag races to modern Ford Fiestas.

Also, the Custom Sanchez is much better for Off-Road races than the Bifta. Handles the slidey hairpins like a dream.

It's not quite as fast, but I'll still take the modded Dune Buggy over the modded Sanchez.

On the shopping list still - a Sedan that can corner (The Super Diamond is great in a straight line, but the turning circle is massive),

None of 'em are great shakes, but the Schafter's decent, and isn't slow, either.

and a 4-Door Coupe.

4-door Lampdati Felon. I regularly beat whatever 2-door it is you've got in coupe races with it.

And maybe switch out the Entity for an Adder or Turismo, maybe.

I'd have both, for racing purposes, but if you can only get the one, get the Turismo, unless you mostly do highway races.

I've had to take a short break from promoting the DVDR agenda and subsequent takeover of Los Santos in the last week or two, due to a growing...(well, they're not exactly) alien (since they were here before we were, and never really left) infestation that began when a LOKI satellite dropped a tungsten fuel rod type of thingie into a sleepy Colorado town.  

Had to venture to Alaska to clean up a research site that went to hell in a handbasket when a specimen got loose, then clear out a scientific research vessel disguised as a cruise ship (and kill a fucking giant ass alien Krakken) before venturing down into the belly of mother earth to clear out more alien (kinda ) scum.

Long story short, I'll be back in Los Santos for a few hours of r&r tonight, if anyone is around, if not, I'm sure there will be some alien's to bust a cap into with my sig p226

My current Coupe is an F620. Looks good, spins out on fast corners. Useful for getting more of them to spawn when Simeon wants one (they sell for $8500 at LSC. More from Simeon).

Where'd you go, Chris? You said you'd Watch a few Dogs for a bit and come back, and then you just turned your machine off all night? We did Parachute jumps while Havoc was AFC at the Pizza shop, and got to  spectate his suicide plunges.

They only seemed to be happening to you so it does seem to be completely random.

I think the only other person who had a problem in our group was JT getting the one network error - and I always blame that on JT's shitty connection

I blame my shitty wireless router run by a potato with two electrodes stuck in it.  Finally got the Hustler tattoo.  Took a shitload of bad bets to get it done.

Got through Bury The Hatchet in Story Mode.  There was no way I was going to get the Gold Medal.  20 headshots with 80% accuracy?  Forget that.  The Mission Time criteria was even more bogus because I wasn't going to cut corners on story.

• Like 1

There was also the glitch in the one motorcycle race where I won but JT got paid the winner's amount. 

Couldn't get on late because the storm last night took out my cable and turned the 60 foot elm tree outside my bedroom window into a 30 foot elm tree.  I get to spend the morning practicing my chainsaw skills.

• Like 1

There was also the glitch in the one motorcycle race where I won but JT got paid the winner's amount. 

My message prompt said that you came in second when you crossed the finish line first.

I checked my Maze Bank account this morning and it looked like i got the second place purse for that race so it may just be a database issue.

R* really does need to get out a patch pronto even if it pushes back the next game update another month.

R* really does need to get out a patch pronto even if it pushes back the next game update another month.

I think R* is a step ahead of you on that one. No way they bring heists out by Tuesday. They might as well just admit it now. They had all that maintenance and still didn't solve the UFO problem. I think they really underestimated people's ability to break the game with different hacks and exploits and whatnot. My expectations are overwhelmingly low for the heists anyway, so they're probably not going to disappoint me. 

• Like 1

They stopped giving you split times on races (where you could press down on the D-Pad and see how many seconds away from the other acers you were) on the last update. Don't know why, it was useful.

If people hadn't been hacking, cheating and seeking out money and RP glitches all this time, Heists would have been out already.

They stopped giving you split times on races (where you could press down on the D-Pad and see how many seconds away from the other acers you were) on the last update. Don't know why, it was useful.

If people hadn't been hacking, cheating and seeking out money and RP glitches all this time, Heists would have been out already.

Last night I could see everyone's times but Mark's and that happened in multiple races so I don't know about them removing it totally.

I just did an hour of racing between World Cup matches and pressing down on the D-pad to see times seemed to be working for me.  

Doing that motorcycle race down the mountain through streams with randoms is so much fun when they clearly have no clue what is ahead of them.  I just laid back and started seeing everyone flying off the course and into trees.  Then once I was in first they must have been destroying themselves on the bridges, I think I ended up winning that race by almost 20 seconds.

My current Coupe is an F620. Looks good, spins out on fast corners. Useful for getting more of them to spawn when Simeon wants one (they sell for $8500 at LSC. More from Simeon).

Where'd you go, Chris? You said you'd Watch a few Dogs for a bit and come back, and then you just turned your machine off all night? We did Parachute jumps while Havoc was AFC at the Pizza shop, and got to  spectate his suicide plunges.

After eating I got tired as fuck and ended up sleeping for 5 hours.

Lightweight. When I'm playing GTA and I'm tired as puck, I keep playing GTA. I have to listen to you boasting about what a great racer you are, even though you're fully awake at 7pm and I'm three quarters asleep at 3am, with my reaction times completely shot, I keep going. 

For those who haven't gotten the online trophies for GTAIV (which I hadn't until recently), Rockstar's recent patch removes Gamespy's online leaderboards.

The problem?

You can no longer obtain "Cut Your Teeth" or "Wanted" trophies. You'll earn cash, but it will not level up.

I'm so glad I got all the online trophies for GTAIV earlier in the month, but that's such a bummer.

I guess I need to do GTAV's online trophies too....

So I'm racing in an offroad race this afternoon with a bunch of randoms, and I finished fourth out of 12, pretty respectable for using a Sanchez against four-wheel cars, getting run over once by a dune buggy. I was happy with it. Then someone else from the race sends me a message that says "you don't deserve your high rank." Um, OK, whatever.

So we race the next race, and I win, with the guy in second coming in 20 seconds behind me. My detractor finished fourth, I think. I send my detractor a message saying "scoreboard, dipshit."

Last night, I was playing Rooftop with Randoms when one of the randoms blows up my car and tries to run me over. I scurry to higher ground, and he tries to blow me up with a sticky bomb and instead blows himself up. I get into a car, and at the time I get in, his player's corpse lands on the hood of my car, perfectly. I drive around until it falls off, then proceed to do a burnout on the corpse's head for about three solid minutes until the guy quit spectating and left. I then sent him a message asking him if he spectated me car fucking his corpse. 

Sorry about your damn luck, boys.

• Like 3

There were trophies that were pretty much impossible to get for a while now like killing a Rockstar employee. Stuff like that is why I don't put any real effort into getting trophies.

I somehow got that the first time I played online. I ended up boosting the rest with a group from various trophy tracking sites.

What's weird is I'm turning more into a trophy hunter. Why? Games aren't getting better necessarily and it's better economically for me to do that. Next-gen games seem to be very similar to games that came out in 2013 (and 2014) -- look at what's coming to PS4: GTAV, TLOU and Tomb Raider earlier this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a Beyond Two Souls PS4 Edition was coming and a 'director's cut' version of BioShock Infinite was coming too. Most of the truly next-gen games are coming in 2015 (at the earliest). I still will play games without trophy support (like Folklore, Valkyria Chronicles, R&C Tools of Destruction, Heavenly Sword, Genji, etc.)

The problem is if you stay up for hours at nights/weekends doing it, you feel more tired during the day (like I do).