DVDVR Message Board

The All-Purpose Funko POP! thread....

[old man rant] ijust dont get the aesthetic appeal. But i never liked the Super Deformed manga/anime back in the day. [/old man rant]

I do agree with matt, that the obsessive collector gene that got me 70s war comics and Doctor Who Target novels and JLU figures would have hooked me on these, if i was in the target demo.

Obviously, since I un box them, I don't care about their "value" either. I just like how they look on my shelf. You don't get a lot of merch that can blend different characters from different franchises and still look good together. I love having my Han Solo next to my Randy Savage and they look like they both belong.

• Like 1

I think the fact that there *is* a unified aesthetic is much more important to the success of the line than what that aesthetic *is.*  Of course, you wind up with some characters suffering because of what that aesthetic actually is more than others (Bullwinkle looks totally generic while Rocky is instantly recognizable).

• Like 1

Most of the Targets around here shove the Pops in a weird spot people don't usually see unless they really look. Between that and passing multiple Targets on the way to my weekly allergist visits, I think I'll snag one easily

And there's more than Andre.  http://popvinyl.net/news/andre-the-giant-total-divas-sting-pops-and-more/

Oddly enough, there's a Hogan keychain and mystery figure listed on the site.  Given recent events, I wonder how that's going to work out.

But if you're going to have Flair, having Sting to pair with him would be pretty sweet.

And yes, I need that Andre figure.  Has to be a tall size so he can tower over the other ones I have.

mattdangerously is right, these are the Beanie Babies of our generations.  Damnit.

Sadly. Andre is not one of the 6" ones.... Big mistake.

I preordered the upcoming 6" Godzilla, the upcoming 6" Big Daddy (Bioshock), and from the Arkham Knight line: Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, and Arkham Knight himself today.

I ordered my first one of these the other day: Ezio from AC.

I'm not really a big toy collector or anything, but these are neat looking and I thought a small group of them would look nice on the shelf where my PS4/3 sit, which is otherwise pretty barren.

I ordered my first one of these the other day: Ezio from AC.

I'm not really a big toy collector or anything, but these are neat looking and I thought a small group of them would look nice on the shelf where my PS4/3 sit, which is otherwise pretty barren.

That's how I started.....

• Like 1