DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

The Capcom Arcade Cabinet lets you tweak all the settings so you can make the games pretty easy if you want.  You do have to play them at the default settings if you want to upload your scores or go for trophies.  It's a pretty solid collection overall though.  I would have preferred some post-1987 games like Forgotten Worlds and Strider in there, but I guess they can always make a part 2.

I would have preferred some post-1987 games like Forgotten Worlds and Strider in there, but I guess they can always make a part 2.

Wait for the new Strider game that should be out very soon.  Gameplay I've seen looks great.

This week's freebie is Poker Night 2.  Let all the rejoicing commence! ;)

I want my 9.99 back.Man this plus thing has eaten all my GBs on my HD. Added an external and to my dismay found out you can't save games to it. So at this point my PS plus is limited to browsing and making possible sacrifices in the future

This week's update for the US:

Free

Hotline Miami (PS3 & Vita) - hey look, another top-down action with 8-bit retro graphics.  I guess it's also super-tough.  I'll pass.

Discounts

Alien Bree (PS3) - All three games are on sale for $2.50 apiece or the complete trilogy for $5.75.  This top-down shooter strategy started on the Amiga and was awesome there.  I suspect I'll be picking this up.

The Walking Dead (PS3) - Individual episodes are $1.25 or the full season for $2.99.  Great deal if you didn't already get it for free but shame on you if you didn't :)  The 400 Days add-on is also on sale.

Lots of other discounts, too.

• Like 1

This week:

Free

Sine More (Vita) - The Vita version of a pretty good shmup

Discounts

- Lots of Halloween-themed discounts, including the first two Bioshock games, Devil May Cry, and others.  Can't say there's much here that screams "OMG! THAT DEAL IS AWESOME"

Quick question for PS3 users:  So I've been waiting for ICO and Shadow of the Colossus to be free on PS+, now they are, I've started to play them, and I don't get either one of them.  They start out fine, but I get lost immediately.  I've figured both of the first levels out initially, but it's been frustrating and not in a fun way.  Meanwhile my drive is full, but I can use that space on GTAV, 

My question is:  Keep up on ICO/Shadow or buy GTAV?

I haven't tried either game (yet) so keep that in mind:

The games were free.  You're not enjoying them.  Cut your losses and uninstall.

The games will always be available as long as you belong to PS+, so there is really no reason you can't start GTA V and go back later.  I've "bought" almost every free game they've made available, without even installing them, for when I'm between games and want something new to play.  It really is a great service.

• Like 1

Wait, that's a thing? So long as you download them when they're free you can delete a game when your HDD is full, download it at a later time, and it will still be free even if the game is no longer a PS+ freebie?

Wait, that's a thing? So long as you download them when they're free you can delete a game when your HDD is full, download it at a later time, and it will still be free even if the game is no longer a PS+ freebie?

Yes, as long as you maintain your PS+ subscription.You can also initiate a download and cancel it to do the same thing without even downloading the game. The game shows as purchased and can be downloaded/played as long as you're subscribed to PS+. I make sure to do it for everything just in case I want to try it eventually, or if I get a Vita down the line, etc.
  • Like 1

that's when Stranger's Wrath will be added.

Oh, shit!  Not having an Xbox, I never got to play that.  I really wanted to back in the day and was soooo jealous.  I have no idea if it's actually any good, but it looked so cool at the time.

Is it good?  Please tell me it's good!