DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

I've sunk some hours into Dragon's Dogma.  I think I like it.  The combat is fast and fun, especially with larger enemies.  Climbing up onto an Ogre's head to stab him in the face is good times.  It could really use some kind of a dodge/roll mechanic, though.  And enemies not appearing on the minimap is a confusing decision.  The game overall is pretty ugly and clunky, but there's so much going on that it doesn't really matter.

This week's update:

Free

- Ibb & Obb (PS3) - Some kind of two-player co-op game.  This looks to me looks like indie game garbage.

- Resogun (PS4) - Shoot 'em from the makers of Super Stardust HD.  This looks fantastic.

- Contrast (PS4) - Not sure what this is other than being the apology for Drive Club not being ready at launch.

I'll be "buying" the PS4 games even though I won't have a PS4 for awhile*.

Discounts

- a whole bunch of different fighting games have discounts, including Street Fighter vs Tekken for $12.79

- Call of Juarez Gunslinger for $3.75

- a whole bunch of other games I've never even heard of.

* - I canceled my PS4 pre-order since I want to complete more PS3 games first.  However, if I drive by Best Buy on Friday and they've got a PS4 in-stock, and a copy of AC4 to go with it, I'd be hard-pressed to not walk out with one...

- Resogun (PS4) - Shoot 'em from the makers of Super Stardust HD.  This looks fantastic.

- Contrast (PS4) - Not sure what this is other than being the apology for Drive Club not being ready at launch.

I'll be "buying" the PS4 games even though I won't have a PS4 for awhile*.

These were not in the store on my PS3, but was able to "purchase" them from the website version of the store.

Also available for free were: Blacklight Retrobution, and Warframe.

I am glad you made the above comment as I would not have thought to go ahead and "buy" these games in case they leave the free section of the store before I purchase my PS4.

This week's update for North America:

Free

- Binary Domain (PS3) - Action game with humans vs robots in futuristic Tokyo.  Works for me.

- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (Vita) - The Oddworld titles have never clicked for me.  I'll pass.

Discounts

- Worms 2: Armageddon (PS3) - $4.50

Short list of discounts this week :)

As mentioned above, if you have PS+ but haven't bought a PS4 yet, you can still "buy" PS4 titles via the PSN store web site.  You CANNOT buy them through the PSN store on your PS3.  So make sure to buy them through the web site so you don't miss out on any freebies just because they're available before you buy your PS4.  Resogun and Contrast have both gotten great reviews so it's worth the 2 minutes of your time.

Saw this on NeoGAF - free PS1 games in Home:

Sony's giving away vouchers for Warhawk, Destruction Derby, and Twisted Metal in Home. Go to the PS4 Experience and select the giant Vita to start the "Quest for Greatness." Collect cards and use them to get freebies.

If you are a Playstation Plus member, but don't yet have a PS4 you can still get the free games, and they will be waiting for you whenever you get your system.  As far as I know it has to be done from the Playstation Store website.  Remember that any free game that you "buy" is yours as long as you are a Playstation Plus member. 

This week's update:

Free

Soul Sacrifice (Vita)

Discounts

Dynasty Warriors 6 and Dynasty Warriors 7 are $12 & $20, respectively.

This week is a total miss for me but I'm sure these are great games others will enjoy.

This week:

Free

- Grid 2 (PS3) - Great-looking racing game that got 8/10 from IGN.  I'll definitely be downloading this one.

Discounts

- Defiance & Defiance Deluxe Edition

- Ni No Kuni - $9.79.  That's a frigging steal, folks.  Huge download though!

- Final Fantasy 14 - two different versions

- Rocksmith 2014 - Ubisoft continues its history of butt-f....err...screwing... early adopters as this one is now just $29.  It was $60 just six weeks ago.  An incredible steal at that price if you already bought the first one and have the cable from it

Great sales this week!

This week's update:

FREE

- Borderlands 2 (PS3) - WHOOOO.  I knew I waited to buy this for a reason!  Booyah.  This is a great followup after last week's good title.

Discounts

- NHL 14 ($15) - Gee, so glad I paid $60 for this less than 2 months ago.

- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3) ($3.75) - Two great Capcom side-scrolling beat-em 'ups.  This is a steal.

- Marvel vs Capcom ($3.75) - two different games, each under four bucks.

- lots of others

So this is a GREAT week.  Big-time win for PS+ members if they don't already own Borderlands or NHL.

• Like 2

This week's deals:

Free

Dyad (PS3) - I have no idea what this is.

Discounts

TONS of deals as it's a holiday sale.  Make sure to grab Angry Birds Star Wars for $32 while you can!

This week's deals:

Free

Dyad (PS3) - I have no idea what this is.

Discounts

TONS of deals as it's a holiday sale.  Make sure to grab Angry Birds Star Wars for $32 while you can!

What is the difference between the free version of Angry Birds Star Wars I downloaded for my phone and the $32 one on the PS3?  If it is anything less than a $35 rebate I'm calling bullshit.

What is the difference between the free version of Angry Birds Star Wars I downloaded for my phone and the $32 one on the PS3?  If it is anything less than a $35 rebate I'm calling bullshit.

20 exclusive levels!

Incidentally, the on-disc version of this is always $30 or less.

Hotline Miami is $2.49/$1.49 PS+.

Must own Vita game.

I got it on PS3 and it's a good game, but holy hell, it is tough.  Not Dark Souls "what do I do because the game isn't holding my hand" kind of tough, just plain tough.