DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

There's also yet another pinball game called Pinballistix - you get the first table free.  A bit different than other pinball games because it offers a battle mode with an extra wide playfield so that two people (or one vs computer) can compete with each other.

There's also yet another pinball game called Pinballistix - you get the first table free.  A bit different than other pinball games because it offers a battle mode with an extra wide playfield so that two people (or one vs computer) can compete with each other.

That one has been out a long time, since before The Pinball Arcade.  They just recently made it free so I gave it a shot.  Wasn't impressed but it's hardly terrible or anything.  Just kinda uninspired - kinda like Zen Pinball but with really boring design.

I'm really enjoying Assassins Creed 3. It's the first in the series i've played.

Question if anybody knows the answer, I see that PS+ covers the same account for PS3, Vita and PS4, does anyone know if its been revealed if we can play games we've downloaded for our PS3 for PS+ on PS4 using the same account?

If that doesnt make sense, read it slower to try and help my grammar..

I'm really enjoying Assassins Creed 3. It's the first in the series i've played. Question if anybody knows the answer, I see that PS+ covers the same account for PS3, Vita and PS4, does anyone know if its been revealed if we can play games we've downloaded for our PS3 for PS+ on PS4 using the same account? If that doesnt make sense, read it slower to try and help my grammar..

If I recall, while the PS4 doesn't support disc-based ps3 games, it will be able to play the games you've bought from the store.

There is no backwards compatibility on either the XB1 or the PS4, even for digital games. Sony claims to be planning to use a streaming solution for that problem next year, but it would probably be a separate license from one's you already own (I'm also very skeptical that this will actually work in practice, but we'll see).

Had a long post typed, don't feel like re-doing it.

Free games this week: ICO and GTA: Vice City Stories.

Discounts: Sleeping Dogs, Kane & Lynch, Kane & Lynch 2, Real Boxing, Pixel Junk Monsters.

Kane & Lynch 2 is a game most people thought would be terrible based on the first game and never gave a chance, which is a shame as it does a ton of things right and is definitely worth checking out (it is balanced for co-op though so be forewarned).  It might have my favorite game presentation of the generation.

Europe has it so good for PS+:

Entering PS Plus:25th September: Far Cry 325th September: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams25th September: Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen25th September: Street Fighter X Tekken25th September: Touch My KatamariLeaving PS Plus:25th September: Assassin’s Creed 325th September: Saints Row the Third25th September: Payday: The Heist25th September: Urban Trials25th September: New Little Kings Story

• 2 weeks later...

The October free games for the US have been announced:

• Sine Mora (Vita)
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
  • Poker Night 2 (PS3)
  • Hotline Miami (PS3/Vita)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)

Shadow of the Colossus is hardly a shock after we got ICO this month.  I'll give all of the PS3 titles a shot, I think, though Hotline Miami doesn't look all that hot.  Great reviews, though, so we'll see.

AWESOME. I had a feeling Hotline would show up if I was patient enough.

That's how I feel about Ducktales and Castle of Illusion.  That's also how I felt about The Walking Dead and a couple other games - and I've been right so far.

This week's update for the US:

Free

- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The game that made Curt Schilling go broke while stealing a pile of money from Rhode Island.  Get the last laugh now by playing it for free!  I've heard this is actually good and will check it out.

Discounts

- Flashback HD (PS3) - $8.  Heard this sucks which is unfortunate.  The original is a classic that I somehow didn't like.

- Several game show games

- Darksiders II - a couple different packages

- MX vs ATV

- Red Faction Armageddon

Amalura is roughly 14 gigs so, yeah, clear that free space!

Also, Valhalla Knights, for those of you with a Vita or PSP, is now completely free.  No PS+ needed!

Out of commission the last couple days so a day late with the PS+ update for the US:

Free

- Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - HD remake of the PS2 game.  Have heard this is great and will definitely check it out.

Discounts

- Worms Golf - $2.50

- Angry Birds Trilogy - $21, so it's only $20 overpriced now.

- Prototype - $10.50.  Great game but overpriced at this level.  I paid like $5 for it two years ago.

- Tony Hawk: Pro Skater HD - $8

- a bunch of Crash Bandicoot discounts

So, um, that Capcom 30th anniversary sale that comes up tomorrow is looking like a beast.

Price on the left is for Plus, the one on the right is for the Nonplussed.

Bionic Commando Rearmed $3.49 $4.99 Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 $3.49 $4.99 Capcom Arcade Cabinet All-In $10.49 $14.99 Devil May Cry HD Collection $10.49 $14.99 Draw Slasher $2.79 $3.99 Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles Of Mystara $5.24 $7.49 Final Fight Double Impact $3.49 $4.99 Okami HD $6.99 $9.99 Remember Me $13.99 $19.99 Remember Me Combo Lab Pack $1.39 $1.99 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $10.49 $14.99 Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Echo Six Expansion Pack 1 $3.49 $4.99 Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Echo Six Expansion Pack 2 $3.49 $4.99 Street Fighter 3 : Third Strike Online Edition Complete Pack $9.44 $13.49 Street Fighter X Tekken $13.99 $19.99 Street Fighter X Tekken Additional Characters Pack (12 Chars) $6.99 $9.99 Street Fighter X Tekken SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack $6.29 $8.99 Street Fighter X Tekken SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack $6.29 $8.99 Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix $6.29 $8.99 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition $10.49 $14.99 Super Street Fighter IV Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack $6.29 $8.99