DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: GENE SNITSKY

RIPPA

Gene had the perfect serial killer look with the perfect serial killer name. 

His feud with Kane was the epitome of pro wrestling sleaze and it was great.  Snitsky, Baby Killer was awesome in its pure tastelessness.

i was at Taboo Tuesday that year with Snitsky vs Kane. i think my friends and i were the only ones cheering for Snitsky. "Not His Fault" didn't take off as a cheer like i hoped.

i remember him being in a battle royal at some point (pre-WrestleMania22?) where he was one of the last ones and i legitimately thought he was going to win. i was cheering like crazy. he didn't win, and i don't remember who did instead, but it was awesome.

Snitsky was an absolute blast of a dude to be a fan of.

It wasn't my fault!

This may or may not have been my go-to catchphrase for a time.

The baby punting was so crass, so against anything anyone with a shred of decency would deem acceptable--and yet it was the most mind-numbingly hilarious thing to witness.  Just so offensive, it goes from awful to absurd in 6.2 seconds. 

• Like 1

His grand plan at Survivor Series 2004 to help John Hendrich was a run-in and the him kicking the baby are the two main things I remember about him fondly. Hell I bought the OMG 50 incidents DVD for like 4 bucks last week to see him kick the baby as many times as I want.

Gene had the perfect serial killer look with the perfect serial killer name. 

His feud with Kane was the epitome of pro wrestling sleaze and it was great.  Snitsky, Baby Killer was awesome in its pure tastelessness.

• Like 1

Good news! Snitsky still wrestles. He was at a comic convention here in Houston a few weekends ago. Nice guy. Had a badass title belt with him from some northeast promotion where he's the champ.

Better news! He just taught me how to make King Crab Legs!

• Like 4

Oh fuck, this one is the best so far. He drops the catchphrase!

I'm really curious what the sales of this were:  A pro wrestler MAYBE 200,000 people would recognize with a pitch pretty much admitting the gadget isn't that great (It's a GADGET! That makes FOOD!)

People spend money on random irony once.  Most of them did it in 2013. 

And I love how he NEVER looks at the camera.

As a positive, I will always remember Snitsky as the guy who started the Kane-Lita angle in a completely unique and memorable way, and as the guy Tony Atlas wrestled years earlier on the MTV True Life special.

They should team-up now and take Corporate Kane under their wing and turn him back into the true monster he always should have been.