DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I don't know; I'd argue that bogus crap charging call Brewer drew on Curry really seemed to break Curry's rhythm at a time when he was red hot. If not for that one, Curry might have went ahead and run the Rockets out of the building before the final quarter even started.

Harden was the best player on the court last night without a doubt.  He showed out against a really solid defender.  Curry did his thing as well, but it was against Jason Terry's sorry ass.  I really wish Bev was healthy for this series.

Harden is such a brilliant PnR passer.  Maybe the best in the league outside of Lebron.

• Like 1

No one on the Hawks wants to take a shot.  This series is OVER...

Kenny was absolutely right about Teague, but the same thought could be applied to Horford.  So many decent shots being passed up late in the shot clock.

He was an injury replacement for Wade, I think, and people raised hell until he got it.

The Atlanta Hawks are very much who we thought they were. This is a spectacularly embarrassing, shameful, and pathetic performance.

That was a good win. I thought with Carroll playing and no Irving the Hawks would come out with Energy and the Cavs would have to crawl back. I think they can sit Kyrie for at least the next two now. Blatt has once again really gotten his team to make good adjustments and have a plan. This is the third series in a row he has out coached someone that most fans would say is a better coach than him.

Harden was the best player on the court last night without a doubt.  He showed out against a really solid defender.  Curry did his thing as well, but it was against Jason Terry's sorry ass.  I really wish Bev was healthy for this series.

Harden is such a brilliant PnR passer.  Maybe the best in the league outside of Lebron.

Harden's pocket pass is a thing of beauty. He makes it look so simple when it's one of the hardest passes to complete.

The refs holding back whistles in the playoffs really makes me appreciate Harden a lot more. I mean, as a stats geek, I appreciate Harden kicking his feet out and rip-moving his way to the FT line. It's just not that fun to watch. But with the whistles swallowed a bit, he really gets to shine with all his little nuances.

But this series is also really showing how great GSW is. Harden really could not have played any better the first two games and came away with nothing. It's a shame he couldn't get the last shot off in Game 2 but let's give GSW some credit there. Houston had Harden run up without a timeout, which I love because it's now helter-skelter and there's a big advantage. But Curry and Klay were smart enough to trap Harden (on his go-to side) and put him in a really bad spot. That's just a great on-court read.

I get and understand the complaints about the lack of depth in the east, but I sort of feel it's overblown. Basketball is a sport that is inherently unbalanced. Going in to any given season, I would say that on average there are only three teams that actually have a shot at winning a title. The rest of the teams are essentially jobbers. Sure the East is made up of Zach Ryder while the West is made up of Dolph Ziggler, but the point is that none of those teams are coming close to sniffing a title. This isn't the NFL where wild card teams make the superbowl and you can make a case for "any given Sunday". For the past decade or so, the two teams that have met in the finals have been the two best teams. I don't think depth should come in to the equation as much as it does. Yes, the Pelicans would probably be a 4 seed in the East. They would also lose to the Bulls or the Cavs. The end result is the same.