DVDVR Message Board

DC TV THREAD

RIPPA

I got about two episodes left of both Flash and Arrow. While Flash has left me on the edge of my seat nearly every episode I'm just flat out bored with Arrow. The League of Shadows thing I thought would be a HUGE deal with me being a Batman mark but sadly its been so dull. Palmer has been the best thing about this season. Roy left and I didn't even care. I kind of wish they would stop with the Arrow flashbacks they haven't added anything this entire season. 

I disagree about Roy, since they just started making him interesting before they shipped him off.  But I completely agree about the flashbacks.  After season 2 it felt like they had run their course, and season 3 proved that right.  I mean, he's off the island and has even visited Starling City.  What more can he do that a) is worth showing and b) makes sense that we haven't seen or heard about it yet.  I mean, we've essentially been following this dude for 6 years.  What else do we possibly need to know about his backstory?

The flashbacks were a great way to start off the series -- showing his backstory while still giving us bow-and-arrow action.  But we know his backstory now.  Any more just gets ridiculous.

Anarky is coming to Arrow.

Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears), Wally West, Patty Spivot (Shantel Van Santen), Mirror Master and Dr. Alchemy are coming to The Flash. Grodd, Captain Cold and Golden Glider are confirmed to return. Oh and this guy...

Hawkman on Legends of Tomorrow.

I got about two episodes left of both Flash and Arrow. While Flash has left me on the edge of my seat nearly every episode I'm just flat out bored with Arrow. The League of Shadows thing I thought would be a HUGE deal with me being a Batman mark but sadly its been so dull. Palmer has been the best thing about this season. Roy left and I didn't even care. I kind of wish they would stop with the Arrow flashbacks they haven't added anything this entire season. 

I disagree about Roy, since they just started making him interesting before they shipped him off.  But I completely agree about the flashbacks.  After season 2 it felt like they had run their course, and season 3 proved that right.  I mean, he's off the island and has even visited Starling City.  What more can he do that a) is worth showing and B) makes sense that we haven't seen or heard about it yet.  I mean, we've essentially been following this dude for 6 years.  What else do we possibly need to know about his backstory?

The flashbacks were a great way to start off the series -- showing his backstory while still giving us bow-and-arrow action.  But we know his backstory now.  Any more just gets ridiculous.

I thought the flashbacks worked best in season 2, honestly.  It was perfect in setting up the relationship/rivalry with Slade and Ollie.

• Like 1

Anarky is coming to Arrow.

Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears), Wally West, Patty Spivot (Shantel Van Santen), Mirror Master and Dr. Alchemy are coming to The Flash. Grodd, Captain Cold and Golden Glider are confirmed to return. Oh and this guy...

Hawkman on Legends of Tomorrow.

???? Did I miss something?  No mention of Wally in that video that I saw and Jay was only a voice-over (admittedly, it didn't sound like an older man).

Ah, I thought the highlight reel you posted had spoilers or something.  Thanks.

More excited for Jay than Wally, though Jay as a younger guy makes me a bit sad (same feeling I get from New 52/tv version of Oliver Queen).

I caught the pilot when it leaked. "So-so" is an apt description. There's some good stuff there, but damn the whole thing felt rushed and overstuffed. The comical lengths they went to cut Superman out of the story as much as possible was kinda weird; and I really don't think this show was aiming to cause the main reaction I felt afterwards, which was "Damn, this world could sure use a lot more Calista Flockhart". But still, things like having Slater/Cain as the Kents make it feel like they actually give a damn about the character and her franchise's history, which is always important in any adaptation. And I loved the montage of her on-the-job-training to be Supergirl, including a car chase where she's flying at the bad guys and straight-up misses them and plows face-first into the dirt. That's my favorite kind of shit, playing with the standard old superhero tropes in ways that you don't expect them to. Too bad they're already jumping into Darker-n-Grittier material right away in the first episode, what with the X-Files conspiracy crap and one fight scene which was so brutally physical that it actually made me uncomfortable.