DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I don't expect him to be a great villain, I'm expecting this to still be setting up the real big bad down the line,  I think the goal is to get this team off the ground and obviously produce an entertaining film.  Try to keep the WW momentum going.   Try to get the hype train on Aquaman going.  Maybe Flash too. And maybe most importantly setup Man of Steel 2 which I believe is confirmed or close to being confirmed.  

I wouldn't mind a story like how they introduced the 4th world in the DCAU. Steppenwolf is giving arms to bad guys, JLA defeat him, he has to go back to report to Darkseid, Omega Beams,the end of part 1. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I wouldn't mind a story like how they introduced Thanos in the MCU. Loki is giving arms to bad guys, The Avengers defeat him, he has to go back to report to Thanos, Infinity Gauntlet,the end of part 1. 

FTFY.

Not to excited for the big bad.  They tried to make him a badass in the New 52 comic continuity, but the classic version of the character is basically "scheming, ineffectual evil uncle".  I assume they want to build to Darkseid down the line, a la Marvel and the Infinity War, but I'd prefer to see them go all in and just give people what they want for a change.  When no one is all excited about your movies in the first place, saying "Just wait till you see who we go coming seven movies from now" isn't all that interesting a strategy.

I feel like it'll help that Justice League 2 is a way shorter turnaround than Infinity War from Avengers. 2 years and at most 2 films although I think Flash got pushed back leaving Aquaman as the only one for 2018. 

The Marvel build is really hurt by the fact that Thanos has not only just sat there doing nothing for years, but actively lost one Infinity Stone trying to collect another. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:18 AM, odessasteps said:

I wouldn't mind a story like how they introduced the 4th world in the DCAU. Steppenwolf is giving arms to bad guys, JLA defeat him, he has to go back to report to Darkseid, Omega Beams,the end of part 1. 

This ended with Darkseid killing that one cop with his Omega Beams right? I'd be down with that story too.

17 minutes ago, John Austin said:

This ended with Darkseid killing that one cop with his Omega Beams right? I'd be down with that story too.

That didn't happen until the first time Darkseid tried to invade Metropolis. He killed Dan Turpin as a parting shot while retreating. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe they'll transition the cowl to another character. It'll probably just be recast. Everyone else I'd like to see in the role is probably around Affleck's age, so I really don't know who they go to if they're going younger. Maybe while Reeves is at it he can recast Serkis as Joker. 

Another short-sighted issue with BvS.  When you cast "older" Batman, it really hamstrings your 10-year franchise plan when Batman is hitting 50.  Can't imagine many 50 year olds look forward to getting/staying in Batman shape.

Tony Stark doesn't have to be in great shape to be Iron Man.  RDJ doesn't have to do CrossFit to slip on his mocap pajamas so they can paint Iron Man over him.

• Like 1

The comic con trailer is definitely intended as a patch on what's come before (highlighting the Amazonians based on WW success, more humor, etc.) I'm more inspired to see it based on this, but I'm still not enamored with the visuals.

Just watched the new JL trailer, a few thoughts:

Spoiler

- Love that Diana was used more and that all the other non-Bats members got a bit more shine.

- Less Batman in the trailer = a good thing.

- Lack of Mera is kinda disappointing, but I'm not betting on her having a huge role here.

- Arthur goddamn body-surfing that Parademon through a building to the ground was spectacular.

- I know Flash is the comedic guy, but it'd be nice if Vic could've shown just a bit of personality.

- Kinda wish there were more sent to Earth outside of Steppenwolf. Adding Kalibak and Granny Goodness could make it feel different than a Marvel movie where the villains only show up one at a time.

- They basically alluded to it at the end, but I'm glad they didn't just throw Supes out there for all to see just because everyone knows he's coming back.

They love them some Flashpoint, don't they?  And just watch, they'll have this whole franchise sorted out and head in the right direction and then fuck it up with a bunch of time travel bullshit in Flashpoint.