DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I love almost every iteration of Batman. I generally liked Man of Steel. I personally know someone whose career may hinge on the success of this movie. I want it to be good. It doesn't look good. I'll go see it anyway, but I'm the audience for the movie and I'm still not on board. 

I read 4 reviews of it last night and every single one of them in one form or another asked "where's the fun?" or mentioned "very very dark grey" so you guys are on to something. The 4 reviews were Total Film,Empire,The Guardian and IGN.

24 minutes ago, peterien said:

I read 4 reviews of it last night and every single one of them in one form or another asked "where's the fun?" or mentioned "very very dark grey" so you guys are on to something. The 4 reviews were Total Film,Empire,The Guardian and IGN.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about. If a movie sucks because the acting sucks or the story sucks or there are glaring plot holes or terrible CGI, that's one thing..    The tone shouldn't matter. The tone doesn't even belong in a review. A review is supposed to discuss what the filmmakers were trying to accomplish and whether they reached that goal. A review is not supposed to be "well, I like comedy and this didn't have comedy so it sucked" 

I've yet to see anyone in here point out flaws other than tone..   It's the same shit from Man of Steel all over again. 

And again, why should we care if it's a family friendly movie?  If it fucks up DC's box office take, that's their problem.  None of us are making money from this. Take the kids to something else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

A review is supposed to discuss what the filmmakers were trying to accomplish and whether they reached that goal.

You're saying that the filmmakers have absolutely nothing to do with the tone of a movie?  That every choice that they from pre- to post-production make does not affect the tone and tenor of a film?

jfwz3qf.gif

Just now, Matt D said:

Because Superman stands for something?

You keep talking about Superman like Batman isn't the focal point of at least 50% of the movie. Has anyone read a Batman comic?  I've never known Batman to be anything but a grumpy bastard who roughs up street toughs.  When has Batman ever been for younger children? You are complaining just to complain.

2 minutes ago, Mike Zeidler said:

You're saying that the filmmakers have absolutely nothing to do with the tone of a movie? 

A review isn't "this movie should have been a comedy and wasn't"  Hundreds of people died. I realize the same thing happened in Avengers and five minutes later they were cracking jokes in a coffee shop..  maybe that works for you but to me it doesn't make sense for heroes to be doing that.. 

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

98% of the time he's ever interacted with Superman?

You're just saying things. You're the same guy who said Superman has never killed anyone, then you are provided with a bunch of examples of him killing someone and then you act like you didn't see them. Your routine is weak.

I've got a feeling Niners is going to cling to this movie being good like a puppy tugging on someone's pantleg. 

I don't want to see it at all. I'd resigned myself to catching it on HBO or something down the line, then the wife decided that we should go see the movie this weekend. Fuck my life. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

I've got a feeling Niners is going to cling to this movie being good like a puppy tugging on someone's pantleg. 

You've been saying you don't want to see it for years. Obviously what they are doing isn't for you. So what, you go to the movie anyway, hate it, and then rant about it later. Why? I'm not going to see the next Pirates of the Caribbean. I know it's not for me. I know I'll hate it.

1 minute ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

I promise that I won't shit on it, because if I did it would validate you. I'd rather suck a dead  dog's dick than do that. 

I'll go to the movie because my wife wants to see it. Sometimes you do that when you're married. It's called being a grown up. 

Hey, I was dragged to Big Hero 6.  But I enjoyed it so it worked out well.

I don't give a shit if you guys liked it or not. Shit all over it or like it as much as you want. All I know is, I'm seeing this motherfucker tomorrow and I'll decide then if it's good and if it is, great, if it's not, oh well.

Niners, you're being embarrassing. Stop caring so much for fucks sake.