DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I was looking forward to this before, even more hyped after watching the trailer.

tumblr_nrcnzfndNs1rrkahjo5_400.gif

Let me imagine this as Damian Bats please!

Any ideas on what's going on here? It stood out to me during the trailer too despite just being a quick clip. It seems to be Batman, dressed in trousers and a coat, fighting military looking guys with the Superman crest on their uniform, breaking some guys neck.

I was looking forward to this before, even more hyped after watching the trailer.

tumblr_nrcnzfndNs1rrkahjo5_400.gif

Let me imagine this as Damian Bats please!

Any ideas on what's going on here? It stood out to me during the trailer too despite just being a quick clip. It seems to be Batman, dressed in trousers and a coat, fighting military looking guys with the Superman crest on their uniform, breaking some guys neck.

Maybe some kind of dream sequence.  You need at least 5 Batsuits you can make toys of.  

I have a theory I forgot to post when I watched the trailer for the first time...You know when the big building is coming down and Bruce Wayne runs to rescue the child? I wonder if that's from the Supes vs. Zod fight from Man of Steel.

I have a theory I forgot to post when I watched the trailer for the first time...You know when the big building is coming down and Bruce Wayne runs to rescue the child? I wonder if that's from the Supes vs. Zod fight from Man of Steel.

That's pretty much what seems to be the case.

That's pretty much what seems to be the case.

Cheers pal.

tumblr_nrcnzfndNs1rrkahjo2_400.gif

tumblr_nrcnzfndNs1rrkahjo7_400.gif

tumblr_nrcnzfndNs1rrkahjo8_400.gif

Shit's on now, Supes ; )

It's been reported and/or quoted that what drives Batman to fight Superman is the destruction caused by the Black Zero event, including the destruction to one of his buildings. Based on the way the heat vision blasts move, it's when Zod first deploys that ability and what you're seeing in the trailer is a perspective from the ground. I thought that was pretty killer.

Ah, here we go. It's in this article here: http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/07/04/zack-snyder-explains-the-destruction-in-man-of-steel-how-it-affects-batman-in-bvs-3357831?lt_source=external,manual

I think someone had this same link posted some pages back. Anyway, it's pretty spoiler free.

Given that there was a quote of Bruce saying "20 years in Gotham", I'm guessing that the Jokered up Robin suit belongs to Jason, and that's what drove him into semi-retirement, maybe. 

I'm only guessing at the retirement because of the tone of some of the Alfred dialoge.

Given that there was a quote of Bruce saying "20 years in Gotham", I'm guessing that the Jokered up Robin suit belongs to Jason, and that's what drove him into semi-retirement, maybe.

I'm only guessing at the retirement because of the tone of some of the Alfred dialoge.

Very quotable trailer but that dialogue exchange stood out: "Twenty years in Gotham, how many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?" Surely Dick isn't dead for the reasons I'd given earlier and instead of Jason Todd returning as the Red Hood, I think I'd prefer him stay dead. The loss of Bruce's parents and Todd's Robin are Bruce's main tragedies as a result of crime.

One thing I do question is where one of the police refer to Batman as "this 'bat' vigilante." Then there's the later line from Bruce saying he fought crime in Gotham for 20 years. Why would police suddenly forget who Batman is? You would think after 20 years that Batman would be pretty famous and people wouldn't refer to him as basically, "some guy dressed up as a bat."

I'm also guessing that Lex is making life difficult for Superman by having this Superman "army" that appears to worship Superman in the first trailer and that Batman fights in the second trailer. I'm guessing this is related to "the Rec Capes are coming" line that Lex delivers.

Oh, and the delivery of that line makes me think of something that really bugs me about Eisenberg, especially in this role. He delivers his lines like he's trying to not wake up his parents. It's hard to describe in text, but even at a normal volume, he's trying to hush things a bit so as to not draw attention to himself. That is fine in some movies, but here, when you also try to give Lex some bravado, it comes off pretty poorly.