DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It could just be logistical for this year or it can be a sign of something bigger but the Dodgers have removed Julio Urias locker from the clubhouse

Investigators have video of the incident that took place outside of BMO stadium. 

He's done with the Dodgers.

Headed for Free Agency this offseason and I guess we await the outcome of the investigation to determine if he's DONE done.

• 3 weeks later...

I am putting this here because of what reportedly happened

The benches cleared after the Astros Hector Neris taunted the Mariners Julio Rodriguez with what was reportedly a homophobic slur in Spanish

Neris claimed they two are friends and he was "just joking with him"

Seattle's Eugenio Suarez was not amused

Mariners third baseman Eugenio Suárez was angered by what Neris said.

"From the beginning I thought it was a joke because before today they have a really good relationship," said Suárez, who was on deck at the time. "And then he started talking bad words in Spanish. He started doing something that is not good for people who speak Spanish."

Suárez questioned why Neris felt the need to go after Rodriguez, instead of just going back to the dugout and celebrating the strikeout there.

"Don't do that," Suarez said. "That made me so mad. That's why I said what I said to him and to them. I don't take that, and you've got to respect people."

On the one hand, don't be a dick, but on the other hand, don't be so damn sensitive. What ever happened to dropping a bunt down the first base line and spiking the guy at first base if he pisses you off or taking him yard? Or just letting the little shit go?

10 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

On the one hand, don't be a dick, but on the other hand, don't be so damn sensitive. What ever happened to dropping a bunt down the first base line and spiking the guy at first base if he pisses you off or taking him yard? Or just letting the little shit go?

Again - it appears the slur is what really escalated things. That tends to go beyond "little shit"

And I think it is perfectly acceptable to be pissed when a pitcher runs up and screams in your face. That would case a problem 60 years ago just as much as it does now

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again - it appears the slur is what really escalated things. That tends to go beyond "little shit"

And I think it is perfectly acceptable to be pissed when a pitcher runs up and screams in your face. That would case a problem 60 years ago just as much as it does now

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And here is the incident

It's pretty obvious that Neris wasn't "just joking" with Julio.  Or, if he WAS, Julio sure didn't see it that way.  That was garbage from Neris - regardless of what he said but obviously worse if he's using slurs.  He should probably get a suspension for that.

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

As always it's fuck Curt Schilling, this time for revealing health information about Tim Wakefield that Wakefield wanted kept private.

Man, he's just such a horrible human being.

For those wondering: Wakefield has brain cancer which we now know only because of Schilling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Man, he's just such a horrible human being.

For those wondering: Wakefield has brain cancer which we now know only because of Schilling.

It's just awful.  He was the last baseball player I really cared about before I tuned out and one of my favorite baseball memories is getting to see him pitch at Kauffman vs the Royals.

• Like 1

I've had mixed feelings about the whole Bauer situation. He's a shitbag if he was an abuser for sure, but if these texts of hers are legit...alot of people owe him an apology. She basically entrapped him. I know we don't know what happened behind closed doors but she doesn't sound like a victim. Women like this give actual victims a bad name.

• Like 1

Just as a reminder - a huge reason for Bauer's suspension was because he refused to cooperate with MLB's investigation so no matter what else may or may not be true - he brought a lot of it on himself

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just as a reminder - a huge reason for Bauer's suspension was because he refused to cooperate with MLB's investigation so no matter what else may or may not be true - he brought a lot of it on himself

He didn't get a 324 game suspension for refusing to cooperate. I don't blame any of these guys who don't cooperate fully. The league offices leak stuff constantly. "Hey Trevor, hand over your phone with nudes and videos on it. We totally promise it won't end up on TMZ before the day is over". Yeah, that's a no from me, dawg. 

And he wouldn't have had this exculpatory evidence at the time anyway other than the photo of her uninjured the morning after their second encounter, which the league saw. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 4:03 PM, Mister TV said:

Steve Garvey has entered the race to be the junior Senator from the State of California, so he’ll be saying a lot of stupid things over the next year. 

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2023-10-10/dodgers-star-steve-garvey-senate-race-feinstein-schiff-porter-lee

And the difference is? Lol

• 2 months later...