DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: BALLS MAHONEY

RIPPA

This appears to be the only pre-Balls PR match online which sucks because I want to see the tag stuff with Rip Rogers

EDIT - Nevermind

I posted before watching the video and this is someone else doing the Abudda Dein gimmick

Stupid internet

Someone really wanted to make sure you could see every Balls vs. Miz match ever since they are all on DailyMotion.

I am not posting any of them. I am posting matches with an actual good wrestler... Masato Tanaka

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8511a_masato-tanaka-balls-mahoney-vs-dudl_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yg21_masato-tanaka-vs-balls-mahoney_sport

Balls had a really good match with Horace the Psychopath at the IWA King of Death Match 2003. It was a barbed wire boards and bats match, considering neither guy worked a "modern" death match style it was a fun old school brawl and really stood out from the usual light tube smashing nonsense.

Here is Shelly Martinez being hot as a vampire and Kevin Thorn killing Mahoney by smashing him in the throat with an elbow.

Win for Rippa.

I'm really amazed Shelly Martinez didn't trip more often considering how much of her vision was probably blocked by those things. 

That said, man did I have a thing for her when she was Ariel.

Balls always seemed like a guy with tons of potential who never quite figured out how to put it all together.  He was kind of in that Hugh Morris category of "fat guys who can really move, but you struggle to remember any truly great matches they had".  

So many uncomfortable to watch chair shots.

Yep.  I remember Julio Dinero once talking about those: "Balls swings at your head, but he aims for your waist".  

So little story, but my friends and I attended Hardcore Heaven 2000, and we stopped at the McDonald's before the show, which was pretty close to the venue. We're waiting inside in line and who else walks in but fuckin Balls Mahoney. My friend asked him how many chairshots he was gonna take tonight, and Balls replied he didn't know. Chilly Willy was waiting outside in the car for him.

Balls went on to lose to Masato Tanaka at that show, which is the dailymotion video posted above.

I miss the chanting of "Balls" for his jabs.