DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I think Eva is the only one on the roster who everyone universally thinks is hot. I haven't read/heard about one guy saying 'eewww!' when writing/discussing her, but those comments come up for Fatty Natty, Bald-And-Bad-Weave Alicia, Man-Body Charlotte, etc. These are not my opinions or names for these women but just some of the silly stuff I have read elsewhere before/since this #DivasRevolution. Because of the general 'she's hot' census...this is why she is currently employed. She really does smoke all the Divas in the 'looks' field.

I think the best WWE can wish for with Eva is Eva becoming Candice Michelle 2.0 in the ring and on DVD.

I think Eva is the only one on the roster who everyone universally thinks is hot. I haven't read/heard about one guy saying 'eewww!' when writing/discussing her, but those comments come up for Fatty Natty, Bald-And-Bad-Weave Alicia, Man-Body Charlotte, etc. These are not my opinions or names for these women but just some of the silly stuff I have read elsewhere before/since this #DivasRevolution. Because of the general 'she's hot' census...this is why she is currently employed. She really does smoke all the Divas in the 'looks' field.

I think the best WWE can wish for with Eva is Eva becoming Candice Michelle 2.0 in the ring and on DVD.

I don't know where I fit into the range of guy's tastes, but she doesn't do anything for me.  I mean, she's good looking, but nothing extraordinary to me.  She doesn't seem that different than the last decade of divas.  I'm not one for tons of makeup and plastic surgery. 

• Like 1

I think Eva is the only one on the roster who everyone universally thinks is hot.

Alexa, Carmella, Lana, and Becky I think are universally considered hot. Eva looks like a star until she has to move or talk(you know do human things) then it all goes downhill.

• Like 1

Personally, I think Eva looks horrendous with that obviously fake bright red hair.  But that's me.

The absolute right thing, if they end up going with Eva as a heel, is for her to take the belt from Bayley.  Full Sail might actually riot.  It'll be awesome.

We're coming close to the point that the NXT women's division will have been gutted for Raw, anyway, especially once they promote Bayley.   May as well leave it on Eva to get cheap heat for a little bit till they rebuild.

I think Eva is the only one on the roster who everyone universally thinks is hot.

Alexa, Carmella, Lana, and Becky I think are universally considered hot. Eva looks like a star until she has to move or talk(you know do human things) then it all goes downhill.

Bailey would be universally hot if she dressed in grown-up clothes.

I don't get the love for Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. They just strike me a more bulked up version of TWGTT. That's just me though and I'm just not seeing it.

Even if they are just like you describe - WGTT was awesome

TWGTT were fun to watch, but they weren't these big name stars who were world champions, nor did they have the "it" factor (whatever that even is) to become world champions. Again, that's just how I see them and there's a good chance I'm probably wrong, but that's just my opinion.

I pretty much think all these ladies are at least objectively attractive even if some of them are not particularly your thing, but I've always been way over looks as a crucial component of what make awesome pro wrestlers anyway. Yeah, you want some good looking types for blowjob tag teams and shit, but man, you need some Kevin Owenses and Bull Dempseys and shit to balance it out. Plus, as a fan of the everyman character in pro wrestling, having non-models to stand in for the rest of us is nice. Bayley isn't a supermodel, but she doesn't need to be because we actually want to relate to her. Same with your Zayns and Bryans and Blue Pantses and such. I firmly believe that they're all over because they are all, in their own ways, millennial everymen and women. 

Ya know, I was just joking. For all I know, she has a masters degree and an iq that would bury mine and can go from wrestling badly to para legal.

At the end of the day, I was making a joke.

I find this post fascinating. She can have an IQ that blows yours away, and at the end of the day, the best she can go back to is being a paralegal?

Ya know, I was just joking. For all I know, she has a masters degree and an iq that would bury mine and can go from wrestling badly to para legal.

At the end of the day, I was making a joke.

I find this post fascinating. She can have an IQ that blows yours away, and at the end of the day, the best she can go back to is being a paralegal?

I find your fascination with my post equally fascinating.

I'll make this more palatable. We'll play MadLibs with it.

"For all I know, she has a _____ and an iq that _____ and can go from wrestling badly to _____."

"For all I know, she has a _____ and an iq that _____ and can go from wrestling badly to _____."

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

"For all I know, she has a (n) intricate knowledge of quantum physics and an iq that shames and embarrasses your typical MENSA member and can go from wrestling badly to discovering a way to travel between parallel universes."

• Like 2

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

"For all I know, she has a (n) intricate knowledge of quantum physics and an iq that shames and embarrasses your typical MENSA member and can go from wrestling badly to discovering a way to travel between parallel universes."

NXT MadLibs could become a thing. I may need to do one a week now.

• Like 1

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

Please don't.

• Like 1

I don't get the disdain for Eva anyway. Who is hurting from this?   Alexa, who is probably my personal favorite female in NXT, is still receiving her push. Bayley is getting her monster push.  This isn't the days where only one woman can be pushed at a time.  Eva so far has beaten Carmella and someone I've never heard of.  Even when Eva gets called up to the main roster if she is putting on horrible matches they will cut her legs out. Vince might be clueless but one thing he's not going to do is push someone who is constantly screwing up on live television.

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

Former adult film actress Asia Carrera is MENSA member with an IQ of 156. How her and Raven never got together is beyond me.

• Like 1

I actually feel sorry for Eva Marie.  She's in an awful spot.  Assuming Total Divas bears any resemblance to what the women are like in real life (ok, that's dubious), Eva MArie is one of the nicer divas.  On the show, anyway, she comes off as a lot less high-maintenance than the Bellas, Natayla, Fox, Rosa Memdes, etc.  Granted, the show may be selectively editing her segments to portray her more favorably, but if they were going to do that, they'd probably edit Miss Cena and Mrs. D-Bry to appear more likable.  On the show, anyway, she comes off as fairly easy going and seems to be making an earnest effort to improve.  She certainly seems more aware of her limitations and skill level than some of the other women.

That said, I'm not really expecting her to be someone I want to watch ... well, ever.... and seeing her get a megapush at the expense of the Sasha/Charlotte/Becky contingent will probably be annoying.  I'm also kinda expecting WWE use Eva Marie to screw up Bayley.  I'm not really a fan of Bayley's but the company clearly has something unique with her, if only they can figure out how to tap into it once they call her up to the main roster.  So I'm expecting them to job her out to Eva Marie a lot until her momentum is killed dead.

Honestly, I feel like hoping Eva Marie becomes Candice 2.0 is probably setting expectations too high.

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

Please don't.

That settles it. A new feature is born!

Ooh, ooh, let me try!

Please don't.

That settles it. A new feature is born!
YES!! YES!! YES!!
  • Like 1

Ramsey?

Yes.

However, I find that I'm a little jealous of John Arbuckle. He has a sing in jingle package. Hell, I've been a morning guy for 16 years and I don't have a jingle package.

From WO:

Dave Meltzer : " They think she can be a superstar because every other girl has limitations but she doesn't because she looks like she looks".
Bryan Alvarez : What about her other limitations?
DM : I know, so anyway, it's so painful to watch they way they have to put her over, you know, like ( on commentary ) - "She's improved so much". As bad as that match was ( vs. Billie Kay ) , she's a million times better than she was a year ago.
BA : (paraphrasing) She was just as bad as ever on NXT this past wednesday.
DM : No, No, No ; She can sell and do basic things, before she couldn't do anything. Now she's at the level of someone who has trained a little bit and is almost ready to be on TV in about 9 months.
(Bryan and Meltzer argue how Villanos match on AAA IPPV was maybe better than this match)
DM : In commentary they're like : "She's proving everyone wrong" . Crowd really wants her to fail almost as much as the Management wants her to succeed. Almost like a New Day thing.
BA : It's like a Roman Reigns thing.
DM : No,Roman Reigns is super talented. We can understand the Roman Reigns deal but Eva Marie doesn't have even almost the potential to be a star.