DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Paused the brackets and from what I can see ... Finn/joe, dragons, Enzo/cass, Dawkins/Fulton, dash/Dawson, ???, Blake/Murphy, vaudevillians, hype bros, Marcus Louis/???, Jordan/gable, Neville/crow, ascension, rhyno/Corbin, that team in suits with regal, Bull/breeze.

NXT has an absurd amount of tag teams, they only had to randomly create like 5 teams.

Paused the brackets and from what I can see ... Finn/joe, dragons, Enzo/cass, Dawkins/Fulton, dash/Dawson, ???, Blake/Murphy, vaudevillians, hype bros, Marcus Louis/???, Jordan/gable, Neville/crow, ascension, rhyno/Corbin, that team in suits with regal, Bull/breeze.

NXT has an absurd amount of tag teams, they only had to randomly create like 5 teams.

GDidbmp.jpg

How are they going to go about showing the Dragons vs. Finn/Joe match, I wonder.   It's a decent little match. I guess they'll note that the tournament is being held all over the states.

Surely, Joe will turn on Balor to start their feud for the title, but where will it be?  Versus Enzo/Cass?  Versus Blake/Murphy?  (I assume that Bliss will get her revenge on the Vaudevillains.)  I gotta think that Jordan/Gable are in the Finals from the other side.

Make your predictions, make your predictions here!

First round seems pretty cut and dry. Second round will be Joe & Balor vs. Enzo and Cass, Dash & Dawson vs. The Vaudevillians, Jordan & Gable vs. The Hype Brothers, Corbin & Rhyno vs. Gargano and Ciampa. The only match there I'm 100% sold on a winner is Jordan & Gable are gonna over the Hype Brothers.

Gargano & Ciampa vs. Corbin & Rhyno is interesting. I think it ends with Corbin being arrogant and Rhyno leaving him there to "prove it" against Gargano and Ciampa, which goes terribly for Corbin. Either way, I think Jordan & Gable go over whichever team to the finals.

The top bracket though? The only thing I'll say is I'd be surprised if Dash & Dawson go to the finals. But I think them beating the Villians via outside interference from Blake and Murphy is a very very legitimate scenario. 

The Joe/Balor vs. Enzo & Cass thing is interesting. I think Enzo & Cass are the favorite to go to the finals on the top half, but as much as I like them, I don't trust them to be in the finals of that big of a match. Joe/Balor vs. Jordan/Gable is the most interesting potential finals match, but I can't see them not doing the Joe/Balor miscommunication loss that far, and it wouldn't do Jordan and Gable favors to win the tournament that way.

I'll go ahead and say Enzo & Cass vs. Dash and Dawson and Jordan & Gable vs. Gargano & Ciampa is the final 4, Enzo & Cass vs. Jordan & Gable is the finals, and Jordan and Gable win, going fully heel in the process (they are kinda stuck in the middle right now), and form the full on Shoot Nation they have been doing in House Shows as NXT's main heel act in the aftermath.

Is the next Takeover the one in London or is there one before then? Either way, I think it's Joe/Balor taking the tourney. If there's an earlier takeover, they can do a lot of interesting double duty angles, and possibly a Joe heel turn between the matches. If the next Takeover isn't until December, I think they just play it straight with them winning and do a respect angle from there. Jordan and Gable will look great making it to the finals and being competitive, and there's always the tag belts waiting for them afterwards.

Really excited to see Gargano/Ciampa. The other reason I don't see Joe/Balor falling apart early is looking at this bracket, Bull and Tyler have to be the first team to implode. I don't see them doing that angle more than once for the tourney.

Bliss' offense is so much better as a heel.

Billie Kay looks like a Star Sapphire. Did Eva simply forget to do anything at one point? Like the ref had to tell her multiple times to rush in.

Jordan and Gable are probably the best tag team they got ; the chemistry is fantastic but they also have talents to perfectly complement each other.  Also, 1st time that Gable hasn't out shined Jordan.

Eva relied on that seated Abdominal Stretch with the rib shots too much last night. The first time she did it I thought, great, she's upgrading her offense and she's going to surprise people by improving a bit. Now it looks like she doesn't know how to do anything else and she's doing it a bit too much IMO. if she was at least targeting her opponents ribs with more knee strikes or kicks in between it would make more sense to me.

That Sliced Bread she does seems to be getting worse every time she does it. She looked liked she just stepped on the turnbuckles and barely pushed off. One of these girls is going to end up dropping her on her head if Eva keeps making them have to push her dead ass up over their heads.

Jordan and Gable were great last night. I'm hoping they get to work Gargano/Ciampi in this tournament. That should be a great TV main event. The nice thing about NXT is that wanting to see these two get made by winning the tournament isn't just wishful thinking, they'll do it and make them look like stars in the process.

Is it me or was the audio a bit low for the crowd?  Something seemed off about that.  Either that or the crowd was not reacting that much.

Ascension just is not good anymore.  I don't know what happened to them, but man I couldn't care less about whatever they do.  Enjoyed Alexa/Blue Pants, heel turn was the best thing to happen to her.  Kind of weird seeing Apollo against Martin Stone.  I like Stone's heelish ways and would be cool with them using him more.  And it's also a bit of a mindfuck that Gargano and Ciampa have their indy names intact coming into this.  Are they full-time or do they have an Joe-style contract?  Eva Marie is rubbish, no matter how much she improves I just refuse to accept her being anywhere close to good.  I was actually annoyed to hear her get any support from the crowd.  Fucking Total Divas.  And the main event was awesome, Gable/Jordan are going to be stars.  At first I was surprised seeing Neville's team lost, but then it made perfect sense.  Given how fucking good they are it's not a shock seeing them win.

The crowd doesn't have a stupid chant for Crews or Jordan and Gable yet so they didn't know how to react for their matches.

Solid performance by Crowe again tonight met with complete apathy. Too bad Crowe doesn't hold 10 fingers in the air between spots. That would do the trick.

• Like 3

NXT Thoughts --

1) I kinda snoozed out on the Ascension match. They were always pretty bad, but presented really well.

2) That Neville/Crowe promo... yeesh. Neville is perfectly serviceable in his persona. He'll never be The Rock or Jericho or anyone of that ilk. But he says what he needs to say. But WTF was Crowe talking about and doing?

3) Alexis Bliss rules. She's so, so, so good at coming off as an evil witch. She's always been decent in the ring, too. The full package is coming together nicely. She really has a chance at stepping up. I want her to get into a feud with Bayley pronto to see if she can hang and/or improve from where she's at right now. Also, does anyone else think Blue Pants kinda sucks? Her whole deal is fun, but I think she's pretty bad in the ring.

4) Breeze and Regal should have their own TV show.

5) Crews looked really good in his squash. One problem with it is his finisher. The dude rolled around SO awkwardly to set up for the standing moonsault. That was pretty noticeable. That move has to work by the bounce off the mat looking good and/or Crews just doing it to someone's back and then rolling over for the pin.

6) Jordan/Gable are really good on the mic. I keep saying how much Gable reminds me of SMW Al Snow, which is the highest of compliments. Jordan does cocky jock very well, too.

7) I thought Eva Marie looked a tad better. She at least heeled it up a bit with her blowing kiss taunt. But that senton was absolutely awful and the pinfall was embarrassing to watch. But at least she sorta flipped over in a hip toss and didn't apply the worst seated ab stretch thing eve. Major work in progress and she's still the worst. But there was at least a little glimmer. I would really hate to be one of the NXT girls in training right now who knows she can go but has to sit and watch this trainwreck.

8) Main event was really good. Neville got a reaction that sounded like one of the Von Erichs returning from injury in Texas. Gable is such a great douche.

I really want Enzo/Cass to win this. How can you not?

It's interesting that NXT didn't re-tape the finish to the Eva/Billie match. With Eva waiting half a second too long to kick out, the ref pulling his count when Eva's laying still, and then the ref clearly relaying info to Eva about what to do after the match it would have been better TV if they re-did the match.

Kind of weird seeing Apollo against Martin Stone.  I like Stone's heelish ways and would be cool with them using him more.

He got squashed by Owens last month, but oddly the commentators didn't refer to him once by name. I noticed this time they actually referred to him as Martin Stone and referenced his NXT past, so hopefully they'll use him a bit more. I think he lives in Florida now, so he could easily be a recurring local jobber.

Man, Gargano and Ciampa showed absolutely no presence or charisma in their screen time. Ciampa echoing "Thanks for the opportunity" sounded so awkward

• Like 1

Blue Pants is really good at sympathetic selling. Her offense has been a screaming disaster mostly though. This week was the best she's looked on offense, and that was barely passable. They need to actually sign her and get her in the performance center classes if they are going to keep using her regularly as more than pure enhancement talent.

lol, she had two kicks. Wasn't that it? Same thing with Crowe. People are saying he looked better, but he had something like two spots before being made the fool by tagging himself in and directly getting pinned. It was awful. I want to like him, but it's a combination of him not delivering and the booking being really poor.

Bliss hitting that finisher is pretty funny too. The impact of her landing has a similar sound to somebody throwing a small rock into a pond. She's got the charisma and character stuff done but she's got a long way to go for the in-ring portion.

And the one guy that should be steamrolling fools, Crews, is giving too much in his squashes. The one thing NXT does pretty well is a squash, but let Uhaa run roughshod over enhancement guys for a month before putting him in there with the established names. 

Eva Marie has reached the so bad it's good level. The non-kickout was fucking hilarious considering that was a taped match and they didn't axe the match entirely or at least somehow find a way to clip that part out. "BUT DOODZ, SHE'S SO BAD AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE HER! THEY'RE WORKING THE MARX!" Fuck that. Her one hold that she does (twice in the same match!) is also executed to the point where it doesn't make any sense.

Jason Jordan is a star in the making and I can see why Naylor and Hero in particular were hyping him like mad for the longest time. Gable is so small, I just can't see him getting a huge push on the main roster. For reference, Taz's listed height is 5'9", Gable's is 5'8" and he's not a particularly muscular or thick guy like Taz(z). I hope he can overcome the size bias, but it's going to be hard. Jordan, on the other hand, if he keeps developing should be a future star.