DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

I doubt I've ever felt more sympathetic for the Dallas Cowboys than I do know.  Honestly between Bryant, Whitten, Romo, and Murray if they weren't The Dallas Cowboys I'd probably actually like them.

Officiating is at an all-time low. All of these games are being decided by terrible calls.

I forgot this game was on this early so I just turned it on in the third quarter, so I didn't know who the ref was until that play come up.  And as soon as I particularly heard "Gene Sterratore" I immediately felt a sense of dread about that review.

Someone who isn't on their phone needs to post the Tweet from the Lions twitter feed.

You will know which one I am talking about

Also on my phone but damn it's glorious.

The NFL desperately needs to simplify/clarify the rulebook.

I doubt I've ever felt more sympathetic for the Dallas Cowboys than I do know.  Honestly between Bryant, Whitten, Romo, and Murray if they weren't The Dallas Cowboys I'd probably actually like them.

Yeah, this Cowboys team is downright likeable. So conflicted.

Really, I've never seen one really solid explanation on how the rule is supposed to be interpreted.  And fans and even officials are confused all the time about it.

One of many rules that almost seems designed to cause plays to Fail The Eye Test (what it looks like happened didn't actually by rule really happen).

Which I think explains the confusion on both parts and also why it's so easy to think "screwjob" when it goes against your team of choice.

Trent Richardson is inactive today.

Insert your own joke here.

Is this where I remind everyone that I said that was a great trade for Cleveland immediately after, a feeling not everybody shared?

*skims through comments* I'm fine with it. I just hope they don't get mauled next weekend. I sense Fowler is having Suh over to go over their gameplan on when to rush the field and attack Rodgers during the 4th quarter.

NFL head booker Roger "Dusty" Goodell gives Detroit fans their vicarious revenge by having Dallas, in turn, lose on a terrible officiating call, yet also sticks it to Lions fans by using the one particular bad call they can never enjoy seeing happening to anyone.

Cruelly Brilliant.

• Like 4

Trent Richardson is inactive today.

Insert your own joke here.

Is this where I remind everyone that I said that was a great trade for Cleveland immediately after, a feeling not everybody shared?

I might be wrong, but didn't that pick turn into Manziel? If that's the case, everyone lost.

NFL head booker Roger "Dusty" Goodell gives Detroit fans their vicarious revenge by having Dallas, in turn, lose on a terrible officiating call, yet also sticks it to Lions fans by using the one particular bad call they can never enjoy seeing happening to anyone.

Cruelly Brilliant.

50/50 Booking in full effect

• Like 2