DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Join the PS4 side Phil, join us...

If the next Mass Effect somehow lets you import your save from the previous one, you surely won't be able to go 360->PS4

Point: X-Bone

It won't. Best you might get is something similar to DA Keep.

Picked up Project Root yesterday for the PS4. It's the quietest shmup I've ever (not) heard. And has the tiniest font in dialogue windows. Mediocre explosion animations too. The whole thing just feels sterile and I find myself wishing I could get a refund.

Picked up Project Root yesterday for the PS4. It's the quietest shmup I've ever (not) heard. And has the tiniest font in dialogue windows. Mediocre explosion animations too. The whole thing just feels sterile and I find myself wishing I could get a refund.

They may patch it at some point but thanks for the warning on this. I'll probably get it during a flash sale.

I usually buy everything on PSN but I can wait. Same with Broken Age which came out yesterday.

Speaking of Marvel, stop being assholes and make another Ultimate Alliance game! They'd be bigger than ever, since Marvel is bigger than ever. I know they no longer make games with Activision (or console games at all it seems), so you may have to change the name, but do it for God's sake

• Like 1

Speaking of Marvel, stop being assholes and make another Ultimate Alliance game! They'd be bigger than ever, since Marvel is bigger than ever. I know they no longer make games with Activision (or console games at all it seems), so you may have to change the name, but do it for God's sake

Why haven't they put out any major video games lately?  Marvel Ultimate Alliance would be awesome, but my dream would be for them to do an open world Fallout style game.  Seriously, an open world Spider-Man game with an actual life size New York would be fucking incredible.  They've made good Spider-Man games in the past with that basic concept, but the technology is so much better they could make an amazing(pun intended) game.

Why haven't they put out any major video games lately?  Marvel Ultimate Alliance would be awesome, but my dream would be for them to do an open world Fallout style game.  Seriously, an open world Spider-Man game with an actual life size New York would be fucking incredible.  They've made good Spider-Man games in the past with that basic concept, but the technology is so much better they could make an amazing(pun intended) game.

They seem to be making a killing in microtransaction-foced mobile games. To be fair though, some of them are really great. Avengers Alliance on Facebook is fantastic (though some business decisions they made turned me off from that after spending over $100 on it), Marvel Puzzle Quest is great, and there's also Clash of Champions, Mighty Heroes, and Spider-Man: Unlimited, though I don't like those as much.

Plus, 2 free to play PC games, Marvel Heroes 2015 and Super Hero Squad Online, though as I understand it, Marvel benefits directly form those far less than the others, that's mostly Gazillion's deal.

Now why they don't do console games anymore in addition to those? Beats me. Maybe something to do with their deal with Gazillion (who has always said Marvel Heroes 2015 could come to consoles).

David Brevik once announced that Sony has approached him and Gazillion, they want Marvel Heroes on PS4. I think it may happen.... Someday.

I really hope if that does happen that my PC purchases and progress carries over because I spent a shit-ton of money on that game.

Marvel's making a killing off of the games mentioned above.  I was all in on the Avengers Alliance FB game.  I put a fair amount of money into that and progressed pretty damn far.  I was excited to play it on mobile, only to see it didn't tie in with FB login.  So I pretty much had a to start over.  I got into it for a bit, but after a while stopped caring because I just didn't feel like going through it again.  If they ever sync up progress with FB then I might give it another shot.

That, and Clash of Champions is an amazing game that I much prefer anyway.  Gameplay is similar to Injustice mobile but it's so fluid and seamless.  I haven't spent a dime and feel no inclination to as I have a nice roster as is.  The leveling up system is in great and it's just so much fun.

Marvel's making a killing off of the games mentioned above. I was all in on the Avengers Alliance FB game. I put a fair amount of money into that and progressed pretty damn far. I was excited to play it on mobile, only to see it didn't tie in with FB login. So I pretty much had a to start over. I got into it for a bit, but after a while stopped caring because I just didn't feel like going through it again. If they ever sync up progress with FB then I might give it another shot.

That, and Clash of Champions is an amazing game that I much prefer anyway. Gameplay is similar to Injustice mobile but it's so fluid and seamless. I haven't spent a dime and feel no inclination to as I have a nice roster as is. The leveling up system is in great and it's just so much fun.

I was also all in on Avengers Alliance until they started Special Operations and Limited Time heroes and missions. I wanna play the game at my own pace, not feel like I'm in a rush to unlock Rocket Racoon THIS MONTH! If they did like a $5 a month thing to make all Special Operations available at any time and get rid of the energy mechanic, I'd pay that.

Also, yes, sync it with mobile.

• Like 1

I might go back to Avengers Alliance for FB if it works smoothly on my Windows tablet.  If so, then it'd be nice to get back into it.

And there's a museum called Strong National Museum of Play which is going to do a legit video game hall of fame.  They have 15 finalists for this year's class, and most of them seem like a sure bet for going in.  http://www.worldvideogamehalloffame.org/2015-finalists

Finalists:

• Angry Birds
  • DOOM
  • FIFA
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Minecraft
  • The Oregon Trail
  • Pac-Man
  • Pokémon
  • Pong
  • The Sims
  • Sonic the Hedgehog