DVDVR Message Board

The Really Swell News Thread

OSJ

Swam yesterday for just the third time in 25 years, first since my operation two months ago and I did it mostly without floats. I do know how to swim, it's building that confidence up. Three people were particularly supportive which was nice to hear. You're about to then pull up. Just got to keep at it. Haven't mentioned Swimming on Facebook yet unlike Gym/Pilates. I'm conscious of my body, the self-harm scars and don't want to look an idiot if my friends who can swim want to go with me. Having said that, true friends support one another.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

Swam Tuesday, arrived early for Pilates today so rowed with Billie in the Gym beforehand. My 5th Pilates class. One of my best Pilates sessions. The instructor, Marvin praised my increased flexibility. I'm the only male student. Made a quip which made everyone laugh as we were doing Spider-Man type poses and said "So that what it feels like to be Spider-Man". Bobbed into a shop afterwards where my friend Claire works and managed to see her for a brief chat and hug. Me and Claire went to every school together and we both have in common losing our Mum's much too soon. it's a bugger to book as it's so popular. You book online seven days before when it goes up at 00:01 Thursday morning. By 02:00 today, it was booked up for next week.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from Pittsburgh where I competed in, and was on staff for, the largest Rubik's Cube competition ever held - US Nationals 2023. Over 1000 competitors. 3 world records set and an overall great time. Was so much fun and got to meet a bunch of people I've only talked to online or seen on YouTube. And a kid that I'm friends with from Washington won a national title in one event, beating out another friend of mine from Washington. 

The size record will be short-lived as Worlds are in 2 weeks and will have 1300 or so but we'll take it for now. 

• Like 5

On 7/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, The Natural said:

Swam yesterday for just the third time in 25 years, first since my operation two months ago and I did it mostly without floats. I do know how to swim, it's building that confidence up. Three people were particularly supportive which was nice to hear. You're about to then pull up. Just got to keep at it. Haven't mentioned Swimming on Facebook yet unlike Gym/Pilates. I'm conscious of my body, the self-harm scars and don't want to look an idiot if my friends who can swim want to go with me. Having said that, true friends support one another.

Sixth swim today. I did the entire one hour session without floats. I started in my section, went further out and I did the length of the pool as my final swim. So chuffed at myself. It's a shame Julie, Jill and Graham weren't there who I've made mates with. Julie had an appointment which was running late, she was gutted to have missed me. Neve or Katie the lifeguard smiled and congratulated me on doing said length. Wanted to stick it to that cow who said snide remarks too. Cheers!

• Like 6

On 8/1/2023 at 7:31 PM, The Natural said:

Sixth swim today. I did the entire one hour session without floats. I started in my section, went further out and I did the length of the pool as my final swim. So chuffed at myself. It's a shame Julie, Jill and Graham weren't there who I've made mates with. Julie had an appointment which was running late, she was gutted to have missed me. Neve or Katie the lifeguard smiled and congratulated me on doing said length. Wanted to stick it to that cow who said snide remarks too. Cheers!

As noted, I swam without floats for the first time Tuesday since starting to swim again this year. I wasn't ready to say on Facebook till then. I did Tuesday when I got home and was blown away by the reactions to my post, 86 in total with the majority in the first half hour to an hour. I saw Jill the next day in town and she was also gutted to have missed me. I wasn't sure whether to be honest with both Julie/Jill, surprise them next week or tell a lie so they didn't feel bad.

Today was my seventh Pilates class and it's my three month anniversary of doing it tomorrow. Marvin praised my greater flexibility today and one of the students said I'm pretty much the only male to have kept on going. It's all female minus me and Marvin. I tried Yoga 2nd May and Pilates 4th May, such a difference. I was lost with all the Yoga positions and the last 15 minutes lying in darkness stupidly wasn't for me whereas Marvin goes through Level 1-4 of each exercise twice in Pilates and he/the class has a laugh. This is the first time I've done two weeks in a row. I tend to go fortnightly or every few weeks. I got there early so did 25 minutes treadmill. Pilates is the hardest class to book. Next week's appointments go up Thursday at midnight and are usually snapped up in a few hours whereas Yoga is always available.

I'm fucked with the swimming for an hour Tuesday, counselling Wednesday and Gym/Pilates today. It's getting the benefits of exercise but what it takes out on me in return as everything I do takes four times more with Cerebral Palsy than those without. Wouldn't wish CP on anybody. Better for me to than any of my loved ones. It's also why I take painkillers/Diazepam when necessary. Had some a week ago and will tonight. Thanks for the support xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn’t planned to post here again, but a couple people have reached out and asked about my health.  Long story short, I’m as fine as you can be with advanced stage lung cancer.  Since the last round of chemo, I’ve felt mostly fine.  Scans have been encouraging.  I see my oncologist every six weeks for immunotherapy -  a half hour of Keytruda run through an iv - but other than that, I’m back to a somewhat normal routine.

Been busy lately.  Got an opportunity at work, so wife and I are moving to Dallas next month.  I’ve been spending a lot of time in TX lately getting ready.   It was time to move.  Several of our kids have migrated west and we were looking to get out of our gross college town.  Nice place to live even ten years ago, but the problems that have always been there have finally taken over.  Lotta drugs, lotta addicts, lotta perverts.  We no longer felt safe or comfortable in the community, so the job opportunity is a win on all fronts.  I hate heat, but so far I’m acclimating to Texas well enough.  I’ll manage.

Probably my last post.  No plans to watch wrestling or log back in in the foreseeable future.  Take care.

Edited by Mario
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I’ve been meaning to post but I’ve been busy as hell.

I’ve been a contract academic for fucking ever. At worst, this means teaching on a course-by-course basis for like $5 grand a pop. At best, I’ve gotten 10-month contracts with some benefits. It has been a bad gig but really I have no other talents to pay the bills.

Anyway, I got a fucking faculty job over the summer. I have a permanent position. No more applying for my job every four months. No more uncertainty. I have a good salary, and a pension plan, and spending accounts, and I’m now full-time member of a department.

So I bought a goddamn house.

I honestly never thought I’d have any of this stuff and I still haven’t wrapped my head around it.

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 5:35 PM, The Natural said:

So I made a post about the first quarter of 2023 as it came to an end so here's the second.

Started going to the gym again for the first time in 15 years in February. I started Swimming again for the first time in 25 years and that's something I didn't see myself ever doing again. Been using floats till I get my confidence up. I tried Yoga for the first time ever and it wasn't for me. I lost track of all these positions and last 15 minutes you lie down in the dark to be one with nature. Felt a right muppet. Contrast that to Pilates. I like how the instructor who is a right character goes through each level, 1-4 twice and you choose. I go fortnightly. The Pilates class sell out quick but touch wood I usually get in. I can now go to the gym closest to where I live which makes a big difference having had my induction there instead of going to the other gym further away needing two buses. I then got a emergency doctors appointment sending me up to surgery the next day. The healing process takes a while with this operation needing it packed daily then alternate days as it has to heal from the inside out. Can't swim until then.

I've really gelled with Deborah, my counsellor from My Wellbeing College. I wasn't going to try a third time there as Ben and Rebecca badly let me down especially Rebecca. I see Deborah once a week face to face and she kindly hasn't counted telephone calls. You normally have 12 sessions but she's given me 18. I was really moved when she said she'd give me 6 extra sessions. I have 4 left.

I usually self-harm on my Birthday/Mother's Day in March, June for Mum's Anniversary and December is Mum's birthday/Christmas time as these events especially trigger me. For the first time since losing Mum 9 years ago, I beat the urge on my Birthday/Mother's Day. The hardest date is the Anniversary which is tomorrow, the 26th of June. I don't want to undo the hard work put in by me and those who have helped me in 2023. If I don't self-harm, does that mean I love my Mum any less or more by not doing what I've done every year since losing Mum, the 26th of June 2014?

It's been lovely hearing Dr. Gupta who I've known since a young boy saying how well I've done, keep it up. Dr. Eldridge who has as well saying similar. Likewise Deborah and my neurologist Dr. Stoppard all this week. Yep four appointments.

I've seen old school friends including some I haven't seen since those school days either in Mathew and by chance Martin on Friday as I went up to the bar when I was there with Alyson, David and Alison.

I'm doing good with the Trazodone, the counselling and the exercise. In doing though it's a balancing act with my body working four times harder doing the same thing as someone without. I do feel the pressure of keeping this going and not letting people down, especially my Mum/Dad/Sister. Thanks for the support here xxx.

I posted a quarterly update on March, June and it's time for September.

I've been feeling very sad as my therapy with Deborah is almost at an end. Me and Deborah have really clicked which is saying something as I wasn't going to put myself through My Wellbeing College again having had two shit experiences. Everyone I've spoken to has including my Sister. I got lucky third time of asking with Deborah. My previous and current doctors have all said I've needed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy primarily alongside Counselling and I've finally had it. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the right treatment. Deborah has been so accommodating when I've not been able to attend due to illness including some hours before as you can only cancel so many times, she's given me the book we've worked from which is "rarer than hen's teeth" and six extra sessions too. I'm really going to miss Deborah. As I understand it, contact with Deborah ceases upon conclusion so no updates or catch ups.

I've been feeling very sad as my time with Julie of the Hope team is also coming to closure. I wouldn't have gone swimming without Julie. When I said to Julie I was going to look round Shipley Swimming Pool, she said she'd go swimming with me. Haven't swam there since a kid. I've gone twice on my own. I can reapply to the Hope team in three months and request Julie. I'd like to but do I having to go through the cycle of months together then months apart? I'm not good at goodbyes.

The BEEP Scheme from Dr. Jundi and Rebecca has really helped me this year mentally and physically. Gym for the first time in 15 years, Swimming 25 years and Pilates for the first time ever. I wasn't going to do the BEEP Scheme because Megan my BEEP contact sent me up to Thornton Recreation Centre for my gym induction which is two buses away/two buses back whereas Shipley Swimming Pool is a 15 minute walk away. Even Paul (great name) who did my Gym induction at Thornton Recreation Centre said it was stupid me getting sent there. Megan left and I've got a upgrade in Ellie. Joe who did my Gym induction at Shipley Swimming Pool said I'm killing it doing Gym/Swimming/Pilates. Lovely hearing such support.

It's a balancing act getting the good out of those activities while taking me four times the energy with the Cerebral Palsy to those without it. Just need to work on the diet as the fizzy pop/takeaways undo the calories burnt doing said activities. I need to do Gym more, I try to. I try to swim once a week. I do Pilates twice a month.

I've been thinking back in my life wishing I'd done some things differently. I wouldn't have done Psychology as a second degree. Bugs me that you don't get placement experience like my Sister did as a nurse and how counsellors do, an apprentice plumber as a further example as my Uncle does up and comers. You need to learn not just from texts but by physically doing and experiencing. I'd also wish I'd got National Health Service employment to give back to what they've given me. Me and my Mum would be so fucked without the NHS. So glad we have it and so sorry for how healthcare is in America. Feel bad I don't have a career. Need someone to take a punt on me. What's working against me is what Cerebral Palsy takes out as already mentioned alongside my mental health issues too. I still have suicidal thoughts and self-harm urges but haven't tried either. Very few people know about those. I've talked on Facebook about my mental health battles but not to that extent and I don't think I ever will. Would be nice to have a girlfriend but I have little to no confidence in myself.

I've continued the trend of seeing friends I haven't in a while by chance. Bec for the first time in three years since the Cellar Trust Charity Shop we volunteered at closed down. I really think The Cellar Trust threw the towel in on the shop too soon. Terry since 2008. Terry's charity helped me many years ago so I always donate to their bucket collections asking how he is, lo and behold he was there last weekend. I'm meeting Rachel who I've known all my life in November too.

My hips have been giving me gyp which is concerning considering I was admitted into hospital four times as a young boy by them.

There's times I think the Trazodone is wearing off. I get into my head that there's different batches. It's a shame you can't bottle up the first three weeks feeling, it's amazing. I've only had that feeling once or twice since then. We briefly increased the Trazodone once before and it didn't agree with me. Dr. Jundi was a saint with me when it comes to antidepressants because I'd want to try something new. I see Dr. Eldridge who I like but Dr. Jundi is way better, she came up with Trazodone.

The following needs to be kept strictly to here only. My Dad's prostate tests are up so he has to be referred to hospital, he's testing high for potential diabetes too. I've seen what cancer and diabetes has done to my family. A POS verbally assaulted my Dad as well and he'd done nothing to get that. All that was yesterday so had a big cry as a result. I luckily tested negative for Diabetes which surprised me as I'm so thirsty, my weight and genetics with my late, great Mum.

I feel a lot of pressure to keep up the changes I've made, to not let my loved ones down and relapse. I worry for December, one of my trigger months with Mum's birthday and Christmas Day. It's lovely hearing "well done/you're doing so well" from my Dad, Sister, Aje, Alyson, health professionals who have known me since a young boy and here, the DVDVR MB family. Thank you so much. Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 5

Said goodbye to Deborah yesterday. Really going to miss her. She said she's going to miss me too. Contact does cease. I hoped I could give updates when necessary. We were both emotional. It's now taking what I've learnt from Deborah and carrying it forward alongside the physical activities of the BEEP Scheme with the medication. Takes a lot to open up to someone such secrets, self-harm and suicidal thoughts. I'm also conscious of what it does to the listener which is why I kept that from Dad/Laura so long. I've also trusted people and they've let me down. Few know about my self-mutilation and suicidal ideation. I've never revealed those on Facebook and I don't think I ever would. Originally it was going to be my last session with Deborah and Julie yesterday but it would be too much so I see Julie next Tuesday. That too will be emotional. I don't want to relapse and let people down.

My appetite and sleep is shot with my Dad having to go to hospital about his prostate. Bad age bracket too. Please keep that to here. I lost my religion a long time ago losing my Mum and Lisa so young, diseases that exist, and people out there but even I'd say a little prayer so my Dad's okay. I think he will be. I end on this quote: "When there's love, there's hope but a little luck wouldn't hurt" from Batman: The Animated Series.

Thank you. Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 3

So today was supposed to be my final session with Julie from the HOPE team for three months which left me feeling sad. I wouldn't have done swimming were it not for her. We go to the steady swim session, it's an hour long every Tuesday. I was thinking of changing to another day as it wouldn't be the same without Julie. Turns out Julie doesn't work Monday or Friday...the other days Steady Swim Session is on. So we're going to go a Monday now. When I swim I tend to go back and forth in my session but today did a full length four times including twice at the end I struggle at. Did well to say it's my first swim in a month.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 6:30 PM, The Natural said:

I posted a quarterly update on March, June and it's time for September.

I've been feeling very sad as my therapy with Deborah is almost at an end. Me and Deborah have really clicked which is saying something as I wasn't going to put myself through My Wellbeing College again having had two shit experiences. Everyone I've spoken to has including my Sister. I got lucky third time of asking with Deborah. My previous and current doctors have all said I've needed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy primarily alongside Counselling and I've finally had it. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the right treatment. Deborah has been so accommodating when I've not been able to attend due to illness including some hours before as you can only cancel so many times, she's given me the book we've worked from which is "rarer than hen's teeth" and six extra sessions too. I'm really going to miss Deborah. As I understand it, contact with Deborah ceases upon conclusion so no updates or catch ups.

I've been feeling very sad as my time with Julie of the Hope team is also coming to closure. I wouldn't have gone swimming without Julie. When I said to Julie I was going to look round Shipley Swimming Pool, she said she'd go swimming with me. Haven't swam there since a kid. I've gone twice on my own. I can reapply to the Hope team in three months and request Julie. I'd like to but do I having to go through the cycle of months together then months apart? I'm not good at goodbyes.

The BEEP Scheme from Dr. Jundi and Rebecca has really helped me this year mentally and physically. Gym for the first time in 15 years, Swimming 25 years and Pilates for the first time ever. I wasn't going to do the BEEP Scheme because Megan my BEEP contact sent me up to Thornton Recreation Centre for my gym induction which is two buses away/two buses back whereas Shipley Swimming Pool is a 15 minute walk away. Even Paul (great name) who did my Gym induction at Thornton Recreation Centre said it was stupid me getting sent there. Megan left and I've got a upgrade in Ellie. Joe who did my Gym induction at Shipley Swimming Pool said I'm killing it doing Gym/Swimming/Pilates. Lovely hearing such support.

It's a balancing act getting the good out of those activities while taking me four times the energy with the Cerebral Palsy to those without it. Just need to work on the diet as the fizzy pop/takeaways undo the calories burnt doing said activities. I need to do Gym more, I try to. I try to swim once a week. I do Pilates twice a month.

I've been thinking back in my life wishing I'd done some things differently. I wouldn't have done Psychology as a second degree. Bugs me that you don't get placement experience like my Sister did as a nurse and how counsellors do, an apprentice plumber as a further example as my Uncle does up and comers. You need to learn not just from texts but by physically doing and experiencing. I'd also wish I'd got National Health Service employment to give back to what they've given me. Me and my Mum would be so fucked without the NHS. So glad we have it and so sorry for how healthcare is in America. Feel bad I don't have a career. Need someone to take a punt on me. What's working against me is what Cerebral Palsy takes out as already mentioned alongside my mental health issues too. I still have suicidal thoughts and self-harm urges but haven't tried either. Very few people know about those. I've talked on Facebook about my mental health battles but not to that extent and I don't think I ever will. Would be nice to have a girlfriend but I have little to no confidence in myself.

I've continued the trend of seeing friends I haven't in a while by chance. Bec for the first time in three years since the Cellar Trust Charity Shop we volunteered at closed down. I really think The Cellar Trust threw the towel in on the shop too soon. Terry since 2008. Terry's charity helped me many years ago so I always donate to their bucket collections asking how he is, lo and behold he was there last weekend. I'm meeting Rachel who I've known all my life in November too.

My hips have been giving me gyp which is concerning considering I was admitted into hospital four times as a young boy by them.

There's times I think the Trazodone is wearing off. I get into my head that there's different batches. It's a shame you can't bottle up the first three weeks feeling, it's amazing. I've only had that feeling once or twice since then. We briefly increased the Trazodone once before and it didn't agree with me. Dr. Jundi was a saint with me when it comes to antidepressants because I'd want to try something new. I see Dr. Eldridge who I like but Dr. Jundi is way better, she came up with Trazodone.

The following needs to be kept strictly to here only. My Dad's prostate tests are up so he has to be referred to hospital, he's testing high for potential diabetes too. I've seen what cancer and diabetes has done to my family. A POS verbally assaulted my Dad as well and he'd done nothing to get that. All that was yesterday so had a big cry as a result. I luckily tested negative for Diabetes which surprised me as I'm so thirsty, my weight and genetics with my late, great Mum.

I feel a lot of pressure to keep up the changes I've made, to not let my loved ones down and relapse. I worry for December, one of my trigger months with Mum's birthday and Christmas Day. It's lovely hearing "well done/you're doing so well" from my Dad, Sister, Aje, Alyson, health professionals who have known me since a young boy and here, the DVDVR MB family. Thank you so much. Love, Paul xxx.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:09 PM, The Natural said:

Said goodbye to Deborah yesterday. Really going to miss her. She said she's going to miss me too. Contact does cease. I hoped I could give updates when necessary. We were both emotional. It's now taking what I've learnt from Deborah and carrying it forward alongside the physical activities of the BEEP Scheme with the medication. Takes a lot to open up to someone such secrets, self-harm and suicidal thoughts. I'm also conscious of what it does to the listener which is why I kept that from Dad/Laura so long. I've also trusted people and they've let me down. Few know about my self-mutilation and suicidal ideation. I've never revealed those on Facebook and I don't think I ever would. Originally it was going to be my last session with Deborah and Julie yesterday but it would be too much so I see Julie next Tuesday. That too will be emotional. I don't want to relapse and let people down.

My appetite and sleep is shot with my Dad having to go to hospital about his prostate. Bad age bracket too. Please keep that to here. I lost my religion a long time ago losing my Mum and Lisa so young, diseases that exist, and people out there but even I'd say a little prayer so my Dad's okay. I think he will be. I end on this quote: "When there's love, there's hope but a little luck wouldn't hurt" from Batman: The Animated Series.

Thank you. Love, Paul xxx.

Please keep to here...I've hardly slept or eaten since. Even Diazepam hasn't helped. Last Monday my Dad had his hospital appointment but consultants were on strike. Dad later that day went back for his MRI. We were told on Friday we'd get the consultant ringing on Monday today. When the consultant starts the phone call asking if someone is with my Dad, your heart sinks. My Dad doesn't have cancer. Such fucking relief!!! Going to crash hard tonight.

• Like 4

16 months ago, fed up with dishonest management and working on stuff I hated, I took a leap of faith and took a new job. I'd been at my old job for 16 years and was comfortable, if unhappy. In addition, I'd heard the manager at the new company was difficult. But I took the job anyway. It was a promotion, a bump up to being a Senior Engineer, something that almost certainly never would have happened at my old job. 

I took that leap anyway. 

Yesterday, I was offered (and accepted) a promotion to Supervisor. I'm now the head of my team, with four people reporting to me. To say I'm excited and thrilled would be a severe understatement. 

I'm also supremely grateful. At my old company, no matter how many new skills I added or roles I succeeded in, I was always pigeon-holed by certain management because I had started there as "just QA". When I told my former boss I was leaving to be a Senior Engineer, he literally said, "Really?" as if all the people he thought were more skilled than me weren't already coming to me for help with stuff. But my new place took a chance on me, immediately had faith in me, and gave me a chance to prove myself. And I'm grateful. And, oh yeah, my boss ended up being awesome. Turns out the bad stuff was coming from a guy who wasn't doing his job. Go figure. 

So, yeah, yesterday was a good day. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 12

Got to see my mom and give her a hug for the first time in 4 years yesterday.

And as a bonus she's looking to move up here and buy the house next to my aunts' place.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife fell back in January, breaking her knee and rupturing a tendon in her knee.  So with that, two leg surgeries, and some other related health problems I've basically been doing caretaking all year since she's been laid up.  Needless to say it's been a stressful as all hell.

But!  My wife is finally recovered enough that I get to take lil' road trip on my own this weekend to go watch some wrasslin.  I get to see Masaaki Mochizuki and then starfish myself in the middle of a king sized hotel bed and I cannot fuckin' wait.

• Like 12

I'm a Dad! My girlfriend is a fucking superhero. Her waters broke at 4:30 yesterday morning, about seven weeks early, the plan had been a Caesarean in mid January but she had to do it the hard way without any painkillers stronger than gas and air as she's had a blood clotting issue.

Robin, my son (fuck it feels surreal to type that) is doing really well in the premature baby unit, his Mum insisted I go home for the night as I'm a terrible sleeper and I was never going to get any at the hospital, but going back to see them in a couple of hours. Having had maybe three and a half hours sleep, but hey, owt is better than nowt, as I think they say up North.

Just thought I'd let my internet home know, this definitely qualifies as really swell. Between my lifelong obsession with wrestling and my girlfriend becoming an AEW and New Japan and Stardom maniac since meeting me a week before the great 2020 pandemic lockdown fast tracked everything, I am hopeful that this little guy will also love big, meaty men and insane, bendy women performing absurd acts of semi-scripted violence for his entertainment. But if he's just into Tik Toks and Blippi and haircuts, we'll love him anyway. FATHERHOOD~!!!

• Like 16

On 12/1/2023 at 9:05 PM, Zimbra said:

My wife fell back in January, breaking her knee and rupturing a tendon in her knee.  So with that, two leg surgeries, and some other related health problems I've basically been doing caretaking all year since she's been laid up.  Needless to say it's been a stressful as all hell.

But!  My wife is finally recovered enough that I get to take lil' road trip on my own this weekend to go watch some wrasslin.  I get to see Masaaki Mochizuki and then starfish myself in the middle of a king sized hotel bed and I cannot fuckin' wait.

Love to you, your wife and cats too, mate xxx.

8 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

I'm a Dad! My girlfriend is a fucking superhero. Her waters broke at 4:30 yesterday morning, about seven weeks early, the plan had been a Caesarean in mid January but she had to do it the hard way without any painkillers stronger than gas and air as she's had a blood clotting issue.

Robin, my son (fuck it feels surreal to type that) is doing really well in the premature baby unit, his Mum insisted I go home for the night as I'm a terrible sleeper and I was never going to get any at the hospital, but going back to see them in a couple of hours. Having had maybe three and a half hours sleep, but hey, owt is better than nowt, as I think they say up North.

Just thought I'd let my internet home know, this definitely qualifies as really swell. Between my lifelong obsession with wrestling and my girlfriend becoming an AEW and New Japan and Stardom maniac since meeting me a week before the great 2020 pandemic lockdown fast tracked everything, I am hopeful that this little guy will also love big, meaty men and insane, bendy women performing absurd acts of semi-scripted violence for his entertainment. But if he's just into Tik Toks and Blippi and haircuts, we'll love him anyway. FATHERHOOD~!!!

Many congratulations. Love to you, your girlfriend and Robin xxx. What a whirlwind three years for you all, pal.

• Like 1