DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I agree with everything NickMD said. Everything. This is the bestest wrestling show. Vampiro is king sized in everything he does.

Aw, thanks very much!  :)

And I am positive that they'll have the whole Pentagon thing make perfect sense.  From what I understand he's going to be just fine so all is good.    And that's the cool thing about LU.  It's certainly not WWE where things are left unanswered.  With LU they tie up loose ends and make everything work out.  Which will possibly make me wonder why I complained in the first place.

And stop writing Sexy Star beating Pentagon fan fiction you fucks

I was amazed that they actually had her go over, but do so in a way that kinda worked. He tried beating her a few times with a lungblower, including one that had to kill her ass because his knees where too low, and she counters and gets a super-high one that is right between his neck and back and BOOM - wins due to it. Not a fluke slip on a banana peel finish, but also not a definitive "she was better" - more that she happened to find the right key to unlock the door and avoid the horror movie villain for one more act.

I really hated the mask v. mask match, I dig this promotion, but that was idiotic booking. They only have one chance to debut that stipulation, and they waste it on a thrown together 6 minute match in the middle of a show. Can you imagine how great a well built mask match between Puma and Muertes would be, or even with a good build you could make a midcard Son of Havoc v. Marachi Loco a big deal, but now they have condition their audience to view mask matches as not meaning much. I am going to write about this more in my SC review of this show, but they seem to have a giant booking blind spot with Sexy Star, almost all the missteps in this fed are around her storylines, and she kind of stinks in the ring, so she can't even make up the booking shit by putting in a good performance

For all the talk about ruining the stip, realize two things: They won't remove anyone's mask unless AAA lets them for all of those guys, and Super Fly is already without one in Mexico. Guys will only lose there masks if they aren't from AAA, and that accounts for such a small number of there roster it ISNT a big stip here.

There are plenty of guys on this roster with LU only gimmicks.

Mil Muertes

Prince Puma

Son of Havoc

Mariachi Loco

Killshot

King Cuerno 

and you could certainly just create a character for the sole purpose of building to a mask match. I know Super Fly lost his mask in Mexico, and if they wanted to get it off of him in LU too, I can think of 50 different scenarios better then the one they used. Hell the announcers spent the entire match complaining about how Cueto devalued the meaning of the stipulation, shouldn't they have tried to establish that meaning before trying to devalue it?

Live, they had Marty Matinez debut by jumping out of the crowd and nerd-heckling Super Fly into unmasking before he was chased off by security. That was edited out, and the commentary seemed like it was redone - it feels like even Lucha Underground didn't totally agree with what Lucha Underground had done.

They had about 2 months to come up with something better to get Super Fly to drop his mask on Lucha Underground. I agree with Phil on that one.

I'm pretty disappointed on the broken arm count for Pentagon Jr. By now, cubs should have enough pics to make a wallpaper for my computer. :( Instead we're stuck at like 5 or 6.

There are plenty of guys on this roster with LU only gimmicks.

Mil Muertes

Prince Puma

Son of Havoc

Mariachi Loco

Killshot

King Cuerno 

and you could certainly just create a character for the sole purpose of building to a mask match. I know Super Fly lost his mask in Mexico, and if they wanted to get it off of him in LU too, I can think of 50 different scenarios better then the one they used. Hell the announcers spent the entire match complaining about how Cueto devalued the meaning of the stipulation, shouldn't they have tried to establish that meaning before trying to devalue it?

Mil Muertes- Taking the mask off him is going to harm his "mystique" if you will, which they have done a fantastic job building up.

Prince Puma- Just strong doubt you take your champs mask off, I at least one of your top stars. Maybe someday, but certainly not close

Son of Havoc- This one I grant you makes some sense.

Mariachi Loco- A: Not LU's gimmick and B: to build this angle you have to use a lot of a guy who has basically been a jobber.

Killshot- The issue here is do you want to use this guy in a major singles feud on this roster? My answer is no.

King Cuerno- Is he wearing his El Hijo del Fantasma mask under the Cuerno mask? Cause I'm guessing AAA wouldn't be very fond of him masking on American TV.

Holy shit, how did I forget to mention the greatness of Daivari paintbrushing Texano like a BYITCH?! I was marking out so hard for that entire segment. He looked phenomenal and Texano sold for him like a champion. What a great way to introduce a character aaaand give your heel team an excuse for dropping a fall in a match they were favored to win.

• Like 1

Holy shit, how did I forget to mention the greatness of Daivari paintbrushing Texano like a BYITCH?! I was marking out so hard for that entire segment. He looked phenomenal and Texano sold for him like a champion. What a great way to introduce a character aaaand give your heel team an excuse for dropping a fall in a match they were favored to win.

Yeah, fucking this. Also: For gods sake, anybody saying Striker is a shitty announcer can fuck right off. He fucking brought it for the main event so much.

Also, arguably the best part of the dive other then, you know, the dive: Watch Vampiro running like a mad man, having lost his damn mind for the dive. 

Hah, I didn't even notice Vamp running around. Great stuff!

And I'm with you on Striker. He's gotten so much better the past month or two and last night was by far his best call.

Also plenty of lucha guys unmask to re-mask under different gimmicks, so I doubt AAA would care if Cuerno lost a mask he wasn't using in Mexico. Also Muertes mask sucks, he would have just as much mystique with crazy makeup. Also unmaskings are supposed to be a big deal, so the fact that Muertes would be a shock would be the point of unmasking him.