DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

Just remember Mariachi Loco is very active on twitter so we could probably make this happen (he even favorited the conversation where Robert accused me of being him)

I never welch on a bet.  Besides, the guy never wrestles, I'm sure his jockstrap is squeaky clean.

Glad the Segunda Caida guys feel the same way me and my friends do about Killshot - I thought we were going crazy or something.

You guys basically said he's worse than Sexy Star though which I'd probably debate

Going over Pentagon just killed me.  She can be used effectively, I thought some of her previous angles with Big Ryck and Dario were really compelling stuff and I like her general backstory and appearance, but she's basically a sideshow and needs to be protected as such - her going over someone as clearly popular AND DANGEROUS as Pentagon makes as much sense as putting Mascarita over him.  Nobody will take Sexy Star seriously as a top contender the way they would accept Pentagon.  

Has Pentagon had any big wins yet? Pentagon is popular but he's far down the pole compared to Cuerno,Cage,Mundo,Puma,Big Ryck,Fenix,Drago,Aerostar,Mil Muertes,El Patron,Trios champions,Sexy Star and then it's Pentagon. Pentagon needs a win over one of those wrestlers.

Do you not watch the hype videos they do for the wrestlers?  He wins fucking kumites he doesn't need wins in a wrestling ring

He beat a bunch of martial arts masters in a row and arranged their corpses in the shape of a Pentagon

He's a white belt at best bro

Trust me when I say when you guys see what he's capable of he's going to be their biggest star by the end of the season.  He'll definitely be the one everyone remembers the most.

The evil is just starting to come out.

Lucha Underground Report 4/29/15

This one is gonna be short. 

Killshot vs. Fenix: Killshot is just awful. You can stick Fenix in a great, bloody brawl and Ricky Banderas will lead him through it, but he can't do shit when thrown in with Killshot. This mercifully ends with a front piledriver that didn't compress Killshot's vertebrae enough. 

Jobbers: All the guys who got their arms broken by Pentagon Jr. have a four-way but Texano comes out to beat their asses and calls out Daivari. Okay. That made zero sense. 

Marty the Moth annoys Dario Cueto which is funny at least. The dude appears to be Colt Cabana's long lost brother. 

Hernandez/King Cuerno/Cage: That was just horrible and I never want to see Hernandez on my TV again. Of course he wins, just to pour salt in the wounds he inflicted from his shitty facial expressions. Cuerno should be champ, not fighting for contendership and losing for the 1000th time. 

Vamp talks to the trios champs who still hate each other. Him walking off from the interview due to the bickering tickled me, especially him looking directly at the camera like "what the fuck can I do?"

El Rey makes me love them even more by using the Robocop fake commercials as ACTUAL COMMERCIALS. "I LIKE IT!!!"

Drago vs. Prince Puma (Drago Leaves Town Match): Hernandez comes back to ruin a fairly decent match while Vamp and Konnan do their best to do the same until he walks up. 

It is horrible that the best thing about this show tonight is Dario Cueto. Talk about varying quality...

Not the best week but I still was mostly entertained. Was really hoping Pentagon Jr. would break all 4 jobbers' arms simultaneously but Texano clearing the ring was just one of many let downs in terms of booking decisions. I didn't hate it as much as Curt did but I hope this was a one off. 

Also, hoping for spinal injuries isn't the best form.

Nice douchey Nickelback t-shirt choice for Striker sitting beside Vampiro who was rocking his usual "gangbanged alongside Courtney Gains back in the day" wardrobe. I was very disappointed that it wasn't Pentagon quite literally breaking up the jobber showcase. When Texano's opening line was "I don't know who that guy was" I thought he was talking about the poor jobber's ass he just kicked and tossed outside like trash.