For discussion of 

• Iron Man 3
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Ant-Man

God Dammit am I behind

I think Iron Man 3 is probably the only one I disliked. Thor: The Dark World had a lame jobber villain who was pretty much an afterthought. If Iron Man 3 would have had a badass villain than I could forgive the bait and switch but we were given an awful retread. Not good.

Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are pretty easily the best movies Marvel Studios has made. Winter Soldier had some minor issues with the ending but it was very good. The action sequences were awesome. Guardians was just top to bottom great in every way possible.

So does Jan end Ant Man as the Wasp or what? They seem a better fit in Avengers 3+ than Dr. Strange, for instance.

I would think given the lack of a planned Ant Man sequel, Rudd will probably pop up in some of the phase 3 movies. 

Here is all the dialogue from the Cap and Tony scene from Age of Ultron shown at the Marvel event this week:

Scene: Tony and Steve are in the mountains chopping logs.

Tony: “Thor didn’t say where he was going for answers?”

Steve: Sometimes my teammates don’t tell me things. I was hoping Thor would be the exception.”

T: “Yeah, give him time. We don’t know what the Maximoff kid showed him”

S: “I don’t know what she showed you. I just know it made you do something stupid. . . Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. They pulled us apart like cotton candy.”

T: "Well, you seemed to walk away alright."

S: "Is that a problem?”

T: “I don’t trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old fashioned.”

S: “Well let’s just say you haven’t seen it yet”

T: “Banner and I were doing research”

S: “That would affect the team”

T: “That would end the team. Isn't that the mission? Isn't that the why we fight, so we can end the fight. So we get to go home.”

S: *rips log in half* “Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time.”

• Like 1

My daughter's favorite animal has always been raccoon's, but now that she's seen Rocket it's raccoon's all the time and everywhere with her. I'm glad my daughter is growing up now, just turned 8, because she's just starting to get into comics and I can share these movies and some of my favorite comics with her while she forges her own comic book identity of sorts.

• Like 1

Side note which belongs in the Phase III thread, since you brought up Panther: I really, really, really hope the villain of that flick is Man-Ape.

It will be Klaw with Serkis doing the mo-cap after he is obluterated and turned into sound in AoU.

Black people across the nation will freak the fuck out if Man-Ape shows up in a BP movie, especially if he is still referred to as Man-Ape.  The fucking Mandrill and the Black Talon in full ebony rooster gear will make it to the silver screen before the Man-Ape.

If there is a sequel to BP after T'Challa deals with Klaw, Marvel should go the female hotness route and the antagonist should be Nekra.

852196-nekra_01.jpg

Gugu Mbatha-Raw would look totally smokin' in that get-up.

I would also like to see T'Challa and Erik Killmonger beat the shit out of each other. 

T'Challa may have the worst rogues gallery of any superhero ever.  All of his enemies having their roots firmly embedded in the soil of 1970's stereotypes does not help.

Black people across the nation will freak the fuck out if Man-Ape shows up in a BP movie, especially if he is still referred to as Man-Ape.

Oh yeah. I didn't think of that. I just genuinely like the villain.

It is awesome that hitch never occurred to you.  Dr. King smiles.

I like M'Baku as a villain also, but causal African American audiences not hip to the comics will shit themselves when they see him in full on white gorilla mode..

CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC will be ablaze for months.

If Man-Ape were to be used, he'd need major repackaging.  If he wore items made of the gorilla pelt (a fur cloak and wristwraps, maybe) that gave him his powers if and went by his normal name, it might work..

• Like 1

Side note which belongs in the Phase III thread, since you brought up Panther: I really, really, really hope the villain of that flick is Man-Ape.

I would also like to see T'Challa and Erik Killmonger beat the shit out of each other. 

T'Challa may have the worst rogues gallery of any superhero ever.  All of his enemies having their roots firmly embedded in the soil of 1970's stereotypes does not help.

That was something that surprised me when I read the Priest run. Didn't realize how ridiculous outside T'Challa's rogue's gallery was. Priest managed to really make them work, but most definitely wouldn't fly in live action. White Wolf and Killmonger do seem like they could work.

When you were a black kid growing up in the 70's in Petersburg, VA, your first comics were issues either Black Panther, Luke Cage (Hero For Hire) or Brother Voodoo.  Usually all three.   You never realized how silly their quality of opposition was until you grew up.

Except for Brother Voodoo.  Baron Samedi legit scared the shit out of me when I was eleven years old.

You had to admire the way Marvel pushed the envelope back then.  There was this one issue of Power Man where Luke Cage squared off against Zzax where I thought that Lee was going to greenlight the interracial hook-up between Cage and Alexandra Knox.

He didn't but he did sneak in the Captain Kirk / Uhura kiss between Storm and Arkon The Imperion after the X-Men and the FF helped evict The Badoon from Polemachus.

• Like 1