DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

That discussion from a day or two back on basketball twitter about how ugly the with Kobe splits are than when he sits might be getting some vindication. Damn.

We need to trade Kobe! :)

Zach Lowe mentioned its not just Kobe who has that issue. I think he mentioned when Jordan Hill and Wes Johnson sit the Lakers are improved.  The Kobe splits are ugly.

With the injuries and the wacky roster they have right now it shouldn't be too surprising. 

Everyone in Lakerland keeps wanting Byron to cut Kobe's minutes since he's looked tired the past few games. He's 36 years old. The one position the Lakers have depth at is SG. He shouldn't be playing more than 32 minutes a game.

This team reminds me of the post Magic Johnson team from around '92. Kobe in the James Worthy role of the old star still playing. Then a bunch of role players. Wonder if they'll deal Ed Davis who's played well and is going to get paid next summer. He could help a playoff team as a backup big.

Josh Smith going to Rockets. Rest of y'all can take a deep breath now.

I'm going to assume that McHale's massive extension is Houston's way of saying sorry about the signing and we'll make it worth your while.

Well that and to confirm to any knuckleheads that he is going NOWHERE, and live with it. . . 

I'm not shocked about the Josh Smith/Rockets news.  Dwight Howard and Josh Smith are said to be good friends and I heard the Rockets tried to get Josh a couple of years ago.

The Kobe-less Lakers knocking off the hottest team of the past few years is one of the great C-plots in recent NBA history. Even the completely worthless Lakers team is interesting this year.

MY LEAST INTERESTING TEAM RATINGS:

1) DENVER NUGGETS. An unappealing roster devoid of any stars playing for a coach in over his head. I have absolutely no reason to ever watch a Nuggets game unless they're playing someone great.

2) INDIANA PACERS. This is just because they're in a weird holding pattern year before of the Paul George injury. They immediately become incredibly interesting once he returns.

3) BROOKLYN NETS. What a total snooze of a team. That they could trade the entire roster by the All-Star Break makes them somewhat interesting, but not that much.

4) ORLANDO MAGIC. They're a rebuilding team with some spunk and interesting players and Elfrith's hair. But I can't get too interested in them beyond that.

5) UTAH JAZZ. The Orlando of the West, but with Dante Exum and Rudy Gobert.

6) MIAMI HEAT. I love D-Wade and Bosh's games (and loved to hate them the past few years) but I haven't willingly watched the Heat this season.

7) DETROIT PISTONS. They became temporarily interesting after cutting Josh Smith this week. Even before cutting him, they were at least sort of interesting in a whole "What the hell was anyone thinking putting this roster together?" manner.

I would take the Heat off this list and maybe add the Celtics, but I agree with most it.

The Knicks are total garbage and -- duh -- the only reason they get to have a Christmas game or any attention whatsoever is because of where they play. But I'm glad they have this year's X-Mas game so casual NBA fans (like my dad) get to see John Wall. He's become so amazing and really deserves the attention because of what a good person he is.

Guest The Magnificent 7

The Kobe-less Lakers knocking off the hottest team of the past few years is one of the great C-plots in recent NBA history. Even the completely worthless Lakers team is interesting this year.

MY LEAST INTERESTING TEAM RATINGS:

1) DENVER NUGGETS. An unappealing roster devoid of any stars playing for a coach in over his head. I have absolutely no reason to ever watch a Nuggets game unless they're playing someone great.

2) INDIANA PACERS. This is just because they're in a weird holding pattern year before of the Paul George injury. They immediately become incredibly interesting once he returns.

3) BROOKLYN NETS. What a total snooze of a team. That they could trade the entire roster by the All-Star Break makes them somewhat interesting, but not that much.

4) ORLANDO MAGIC. They're a rebuilding team with some spunk and interesting players and Elfrith's hair. But I can't get too interested in them beyond that.

5) UTAH JAZZ. The Orlando of the West, but with Dante Exum and Rudy Gobert.

6) MIAMI HEAT. I love D-Wade and Bosh's games (and loved to hate them the past few years) but I haven't willingly watched the Heat this season.

7) DETROIT PISTONS. They became temporarily interesting after cutting Josh Smith this week. Even before cutting him, they were at least sort of interesting in a whole "What the hell was anyone thinking putting this roster together?" manner.

I'm in a charitable spirit with it being Christmas, so I'm going to say something nice about each and every team here and what makes them watchable.

1)  Denver

Kenneth Faried.  He runs the floor like like a LOTR elf, and his nickname is Manimal, one of the most underrated television shows of my childhood.  He soars like a falcon, pounces on rebounds like a panther, and I can't remember what the other animal in that show was.  An armadillo?  He doesn't fear contact like an armadillo.

2)  Indiana

Two guys named CJ can be on the floor at the same time.  One of them will drop 30 one night, the other will scored two points.  Next night, they switch it up.  There's some fun in guessing which one will do it.

3)  Brookyn

Mirza Teletovic is watchable I guess.

4)  Orlando

VICTOR EFFIN' OLADIPO is a threat to dunk on someone. 

5)  Utah

Enes Kanter is figuring things out lately.  Derrick Favors is watchable.

6)  Miami

It's fun to hate them and watch them lose.

7)  Detroit

I have Greg The Monroe Doctrine on my fantasy team.  Contract year and he's been pretty damn good this season, often outplaying the more heralded Drummond. 

Looking like a young Matthew Lesko with no glasses and money schemes

P.S.

I saw Matt Bonner dunk today on a FAST BREAK on Christmas Day.  Top 5 "Where were you when..." moment of my life.

Cleveland ain't shit until they find a defensive presence.