DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-13-14

MGFanJay

Opening segment had way too much fourth wall leaning from the oh-so-cool Authority. Triple threat tag had some fun moments. Could've done without the tag champs looking like chumps in there, but I'm glad WWE didn't also give Cena and Dean the tag titles. Then they went ahead and gave away the one announced PPV match to set up a definitive match on the PPV between someone and Rollins, while "the other guy" got Orton as per a backstage bit. Divas tag was short and not great. Paige's ass was a highlight, shockingly. I figured Dolph-Orton would be a squash, but when they started with the collar and elbow, it was clear we were getting a major match. Despite this being between Orton and a champion in Dolph, this wasn't announced beforehand. It was just a match that came up for no real reason. It's a real shame too since they had a PPV-level match that exceeded Orton-Jericho, and was Dolph's best PPV match since his World title run over a year ago.

Seth and Swagger's match struggled for a long time, but the last five or so minutes were really good. They had a lot of cool stuff then, and it all led to a counter cradle getting the win. Shame Swagger ate an RKO and looked like a chump alongside Dolph, but the guys were at least given a chance to shine in the ring. Loved Dean and Renee's backstage bit - Dean quoting AC/DC wasn't just amusing, it made me think he should have "Highway to Hell" as his theme, or a knockoff. Show-Rusev was pretty great. Loved 'MERICA winning the war 2-on-1 here. VIVA LA BULLYING! I'm amazed Henry didn't turn, but glad to see it - they're doing a slow burn, and can do it with him and very few else. Miz-Sheamus was nothing, but the pre-match Chrisley promo was amusing thanks to the blowjob guy behind him. The Total Divas tag wasn't anything as a match, but entertaining due to King absolutely burying Nene's accomplishments by laughing as they were read, then JBL buried stupid Total Divas storylines, and Brie won after some bad offense to Summer and Nikki.

"From the Corporation in 1999 to The Authority in 2014!" Yup - nothing's really changed in 15 years. Main event wasn't much beyond the awesome bit at the end with Dean winning via "you can't see me" face motion. This set up two really good PPV matches, and we got a really good Orton-Dolph match alongside some good matches and very little bad - best Raw in a while.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/raw-10-13-14.html

Screens -

098290357658700.jpg

5c6c1c357647503.jpg

a67419357645604.jpg

6ae39a357645613.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0iw3y3fkm6g75evd2rfmmoql2wyjf5qf

Jacob Goodnight is back.  And this time he is wearing slacks  :o

I was pretty pissed that they decided to give away a PPV match for free on RAW but if that was how they were going to book two weeks from now then might as well do it.   Nothing really happened and the fans knew it was going to be crap when the entire Authority showed up 

Nice that we got a blow off on the Bella's feud.  What a classic that turned out to be  

So, much like everyone, I wanted Ambrose/Rollins in the Cell and don't want Cena near it. 

And no, I'm not a Cena hater.......I'm a guy who defends him.

But uh......yeah.  A Cena/Orton PPV match.  Again.  In the Cell.  Could I care any less about that?  Nope.

• Like 1

Yeah, The Authority pretty much undermining the concept of wrestling promo's is really cringe worthy sometimes.

At times I wonder if they are trying to get themselves over rather than selling the PPV.

Cena and Orton should just team up to take out Rollins and feed him to Ambrose.

Watch Kane be named the ref for the HitC matches.

Yeah, I see it coming.

Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight please enjoy Act II of WWE off-Broadway Productions hip updated re-imagining of EAST OF EDEN starring John Cena and Dean Ambrose.

"You listen to me, son.  If  you're going to be here in my house, then you're going to live by my rules.  I have a lot of experience and it's about time you started taking this stuff seriously."

"I'VE HATED YOUR FOR YEARS, DAD! DON'T ACT LIKE YOU CARE ABOUT ME  YOU BROUGHT YOUR STUPID SECRETARY TO MY FIRST COMMUNION AND YOU AND MOM WEREN'T EVEN OFFICIALLY DIVORCED YET!!"

"If you don't get control of your feelings you are going to cost yourself every opportunity I've worked to set up for you.  Just like that summer job at Carl Newsom's real estate office that you didn't even show up for."

"I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP, DAD!  I'M STARTING A DAVID ALLAN COE COVER BAND WITH RICHIE DOWN THE STREET HE EVEN HAS A REAL BASS AMP AND A P.A. SPEAKER AND WE'RE PLAYIN' BATTLE OF THE BANDS AN' FIRST PRIZE IS $200 SO YOU WON'T EVEN SEE ME AGAIN!!!  I'M BIG STAR BOUND!!!!"

"Will you listen to yourself?  Are you doing this just to hurt your mother?"

"LIKE YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT HER YOU SENT HER A CHRISTMAS CARD WITH YOU AND YOUR NEW "LOVER" WEARING MATCHING SWEATERS YOU'RE SO CORRUPT I HATE YOU!!! BECAUSE OF YOU I CAN'T EVEN HAVE A RELATIONSHIP!!!!"

"Yeah.  It's all my fault.  I provide week after week, year after year, I keep this whole thing going.  The only reason you have a place to lash out is because I WORKED MY ASS OFF TO KEEP YOU IN SWEATY T-SHIRTS AND CRUSTY JEANS!!!"

"Yeah, that's it old man.  Lose your temper.  Come on, HIT ME!!! You know you wanna.  See if you can still hold up, OLD MAN!!!  Or maybe forget the whole thing and go BUY ANOTHER MIATA!!!!!"

"THAT'S A COMPANY CAR!!!"

"YOU'RE A COMPANY CAR!!!"

Next Week: John and Dean will present their dramatic reading of HAPPINESS (viewer discretion is advised).

• Like 9

This had to be one of the most wrestling-heavy Raws in forever. This was a really good show and everything was enjoyable. I like that Rusev's only weakness continues to be getting sucker-punched and I absolutely loved Lana heeling on how the Indians were treated which resulted in the fans doing the Tomahawk chant and thus proving her point. It would've been hilarious, but totally wrong, if Lana yelled "go Noles" or something. I also really loved Dean trolling Cena before he grabbed the contract. WWE did a good job building up the suspense with Henry turning on Show and then with Ambrose attacking Cena at the end. My highlight had to be the black woman behind Swagger doing the "we the people" chant. I have no complaints about Raw tonight.

Pretty good show from what I saw. The main event angle was a bit of a let down with the predictable protect Cena finish, but at least we get Seth/Dean(and also the most played out match up ever but this time in the cell!).

That Orton/Ziggler match was drizzling shits, and the epitome of the 18 minutes of boredom followed by a few near falls and a cool finish = "good match" style that WWE fans often fall for. I thought Rollins/Swagger smoked it, and Rollins is about a million times better at being a pro wrestler than Orton.

Also they can't screw the Wyatt's up after this awesome rebuild can they?

This had to be one of the most wrestling-heavy Raws in forever. This was a really good show and everything was enjoyable. I like that Rusev's only weakness continues to be getting sucker-punched

That was some weird-ass booking, no?  I was thinking they were doing a Henry Heel turn and another HenryShow feud but they both seemed into it and the announcers were putting it over like the best babyface move ever.

Can someone explain?

This had to be one of the most wrestling-heavy Raws in forever. This was a really good show and everything was enjoyable. I like that Rusev's only weakness continues to be getting sucker-punched

That was some weird-ass booking, no?  I was thinking they were doing a Henry Heel turn and another HenryShow feud but they both seemed into it and the announcers were putting it over like the best babyface move ever.

Can someone explain?

WWE babyfaces, except Bret, have always been dickheads and the announcers have always enabled them.

Anyone saying they "gave away" Ambrose/Cena wasn't watching the damn match.

They teased Ambrose/Cena, had 'em do half a match at best, then threw the Authority into the mix and made it a schmozz.

They gave it away in the sense that it was supposedly a PPV match.  But then they made it goofy so it was fine that they put it on RAW.   It wasn't like Goldberg vs Hogan bad.  If they would have had a long hard fought match with none of the authority crap in it, then yeah it would be have been WCW like stupid

Pretty good show from what I saw. The main event angle was a bit of a let down with the predictable protect Cena finish, but at least we get Seth/Dean(and also the most played out match up ever but this time in the cell!).

That Orton/Ziggler match was drizzling shits, and the epitome of the 18 minutes of boredom followed by a few near falls and a cool finish = "good match" style that WWE fans often fall for. I thought Rollins/Swagger smoked it, and Rollins is about a million times better at being a pro wrestler than Orton.

Also they can't screw the Wyatt's up after this awesome rebuild can they?

If anybody can fuck up the Wyatt's again, it's WWE's crack writing staff.

• Like 2

Oh God, I can't sit through another Cena vs Orton match... I just can't do it.

Your choice Cena/Orton or the equivalent amount of time in Chrisssley commercials.
Can we combine the two and get Cena vs. Orton vs. Chrisley in the cell? I might watch that, especially if Brock were to stroll down to the ring after the match and disembowel all three. Just like that, Brock becomes your #1 face.

Maybe this will be an excuse for Orton to give Cena a Summerslam-like A-Brock-a-lypse special, only with Punts instead of German suplexes.

Outside of that happening, I agree with the rest.  Orton/Cena in the Cell was underwhelming five years ago, and they've only gotten more stale since.  The matchup is utterly meaningless at this point.  I mean, are there even stipulations that could make someone genuinely care about the outcome?

We didn't just get Chrisley but also Ne-Ne, whoever that is. My mute button has never worked so well. 

Rusev/Show was a real standout with Rusev dying for your pleasure until the dropkick. His selling is so good. I loved how they teased the turn but buried it immediately, with Henry still getting whooped on even. Lana killed it with the backhanded American Indian compliment and mixing that with dissing on Columbus and American gamblers. Fun stuff and the crowd was behind it all.

Speaking of which, some of these matches were dead silent tonight. Which I don't blame them when Rollins is stalling and doing pointless armwork before getting HOSSED by Swagger, or watching Orton do... anything, really. I thought they were running long at first, then the screwy nature of the match revealed itself and I knew we weren't getting a great match. Ah well, Ambrose won, and that's all that matters.

EDIT: The Braves cheap heat was the icing on the cake there. And also, the first Divas match was short and sweet. Paige's Fisherman Buster is just mean.

I'm thinking Cena/Orton leads to the return of Brock, or some kind of shenanigans. I can't see why they'd put those two together in a HIAC match 2 weeks before the PPV without some kind of reasoning behind it.

Bray is totally bringing in the Ascension, isn't he?