DVDVR Message Board

Spring Training Opens 2/18/15

Dolfan in NYC

Tino's issues as the Rays hitting coach will probably keep him from being a hitting coach in the bigs again for awhile

Well, that and the fact that he was still berating the players eight months later.

"I was tough on some of the young players I thought needed to be, not disciplined, but they were walking around like they were 10-year veterans and I was trying to teach them the right way to do things."

I think I know a place he'll fit in just fine.

Tino's issues as the Rays hitting coach will probably keep him from being a hitting coach in the bigs again for awhile

Well, that and the fact that he was still berating the players eight months later.

"I was tough on some of the young players I thought needed to be, not disciplined, but they were walking around like they were 10-year veterans and I was trying to teach them the right way to do things."

I think I know a place he'll fit in just fine.

HAH.  I don't think Tino will be welcomed back to St Louis any time soon after sucking for the Cards way back when.

Honestly, I had forgotten about this incident with Tino as Marlins hitting coach. I'd still have no problem with it if he were to become Yankees hitting coach. I really don't think he's going to be the choice for hitting or first base coach.

Now this is Newsday so it might as well be a random internet blog  but they are saying the Yanks are considering hiring Omar Minaya for some sort of front office position.

I will now be over in the corner punching myself in the dick

grr....

Now this is Newsday so it might as well be a random internet blog  but they are saying the Yanks are considering hiring Omar Minaya for some sort of front office position.

I will now be over in the corner punching myself in the dick

grr....

no.gif

93a11385_2502762-6278897736-no-no.gif

giphy.gif

Well holy shit.

I wish I could dig up the links back when the Cubs had their GM/President opening because I could swear Friedman had no intention of leaving the Rays for a large market team.

John Hart turned down the Atlanta GM gig

DAYTON MOORE - COME ON DOWN!!!

Well If the Royals win the World Series it would be a great time to leave, or even if they don;t for that matter. Its not like the Royals are going to have a long run or anything. . . 

Hey, welcome! I ate most of the cookies. I think there might be a couple of Wheat Thins left by the bathroom. Pick up a Dixie cup, fill it with warm tap water, and enjoy THIS party!

You're enthusiasm and friendliness makes it all...

dmfyu8.gif

...worse.

• Like 1

John Hart in for the Braves

As President of Baseball Operations.

They are still going to hire a GM

Everything I'm hearing is indicating they're going with Hart as prez of baseball ops and no GM for now, with AGM John Coppalella (a "rising star" in the industry) picking up some duties. TBH, he'll get hired by another team before his time "in waiting" is over.