DVDVR Message Board

Spring Training Opens 2/18/15

Dolfan in NYC

Frank Wren was shown the door after Atlanta got eliminated, so it's time we started this thread. 

I can't wait to hear all about Giancarlo's 12 year, $400M extension by the Marlins. 

That's probably what it will take to keep him actually. . . 

This will be the first offseason in years that there is actual optimism for the Mariners around here. Even if they don't get the second wildcard spot (which I don't think they will), they should still finish at about 85-87 wins. Gonna need some serious housecleaning on the 40 man roster though. Lots of dead weight there.

Frank Wren was shown the door after Atlanta got eliminated, so it's time we started this thread. 

I can't wait to hear all about Giancarlo's 12 year, $400M extension by the Marlins. 

Yet somehow Amaro still has a job.  

Logic says the selloff should have begun 2 years ago but you know fans want to see superstars.

It will be fun watching attendance crater when Howard is brought back next season.

2013 avg attendance 37,190

2014 avg attendance 29,729

Keep in mind, that's paid, not through the gates. I have it on good authority that they've pulled way too many through the gate crowds of under 20k this year that were announced much higher.

Ownership has also said Amaro is coming back, which...my god. There aren't many things that Philly sports fans are in agreement on, but his ouster is one of them.

Keep in mind, that's paid, not through the gates. I have it on good authority that they've pulled way too many through the gate crowds of under 20k this year that were announced much higher.

Ownership has also said Amaro is coming back, which...my god. There aren't many things that Philly sports fans are in agreement on, but his ouster is one of them.

Eh, even Jim Hendry somehow got one more year. Some of that is because Tom Ricketts is clueless.

Hey!  I heard a rumor that the Yankees are looking for a new SS for next season.

Maybe I was mistaken.  People have been keeping these things in the d/l.  So correct me if I am wrong.

Hey! I heard a rumor that the Yankees are looking for a new SS for next season.

Maybe I was mistaken. People have been keeping these things in the d/l. So correct me if I am wrong.

Well, JJ Hardy is a free agent. Ben Zobrist is another option. The Rays hold a $7.5 million option on Zobrist next year. Trading for a shortstop probably isn't likely due the Yankees lack of top prospects. I doubt Theo Epstein would make a deal with them for Starlin Castro, but one thing in the Yankees favor is the ability to pick up most or all of his salary. Trying to trade for Troy Tulowitzki is an option and probably come at a lower asking price due to his injury history.

Hey! I heard a rumor that the Yankees are looking for a new SS for next season.

Maybe I was mistaken. People have been keeping these things in the d/l. So correct me if I am wrong.

Well, JJ Hardy is a free agent. Ben Zobrist is another option. The Rays hold a $7.5 million option on Zobrist next year. Trading for a shortstop probably isn't likely due the Yankees lack of top prospects. I doubt Theo Epstein would make a deal with them for Starlin Castro, but one thing in the Yankees favor is the ability to pick up most or all of his salary. Trying to trade for Troy Tulowitzki is an option and probably come at a lower asking price due to his injury history.

Castro is on a good contract, so that isn't a reason for the Cubs to deal. I honestly don't think the Yanks have the pieces to pry Castro away even if they wanted to. Also see no reason Tampa doesn't pick the Zobrist option.

Really, Mets/Yanks bidding war for Hardy seems likely.

I guess this goes here? In news that concerns me, Javy Baez doesn't like watching video of himself and prefers instead to adjust based on feels.

At the moment, he can't feel a fucking thing, especially the feel of a ball hitting his bat. He needs to start watching some video, even if Renteria has to pull a Clockwork Orange with the kid.