DVDVR Message Board

Non-Big Two Comics Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

Rick was a supporting character is ROM for quite a bot. Rom and Brandy showing up for Rick & Marlo's wedding was one of those "PAD never misses a damn detail!" things

James

This was before that. It was either right before or after the merger of the three personalities. Rick was captured by a bunch of Skrulls and they were appearing as people from his past and ROM was one of them.

Gisele Lagace has a really identifiable face style and it throws me off when I've been reading Menage a 3 or Sticky Dilly Buns for a while then see her Archie work again.

What I'm saying is that it makes me think of the Archie cast in a hardcore sex comedy and that's both weird and would probably actually work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archie 1 (by waid and staples) was pretty good.

Picked it up today and totally agree. I've always bad a soft spot for Archie and am really liking this issue.

Also grabbed the first issue of Fight Club 2. It was...okay. I want to keep reading it but it wasn't mind blowing.

Fight Club 2 improves by the second issue.

Need to read Archie vs Sharknado.

I did not like it as much as Archie vs Predator. And both had the knd of gory violence i condemn at DC. Maybe its mitigated a smidge by being done in toon Archie style? Someof it was a but much.

I think the key difference is that "Archie vs X" is playing on the ridiculousness of taking TVY7-rated characters and dropping them wholesale into ridiculous bloodshed and mayhem, while the DC stuff has tried to darken the universe as a whole with no sense of irony or humor. The archie stuff works because it's so out of character it's silly. 

I wouldn't mind that, but Lynch did some amazing stuff. Worst part of Dark Horse getting the Angel license back was the Spike ongoing stopping at 8 issues.

Speaking of...how are the Buffy and Angel comics? Are they worth picking up?