DVDVR Message Board

NXT Take over

DJ Hero Morganti

Yes, is there a problem with that?

There is actually. One of the absolute best Wrestlers of the last decade.

A "best in the world" like CM Punk?

HILARIOUS. Epic banter.

Seriously mate instead of posting stuff like that check him out online. DVDR used to be about watching and recommending Wrestling.

We don't know how many guys are in training that haven't hit NXT TV yet.  They just started the new performance center so the guys starting from scratch wouldn't be ready yet.

Actually we do. Well I do anyway. US Olympic wrestler Chad Gable wrestled his second NXT live event last night:

BxVm3WPIgAEICAY.jpg

Zero clue why people are saying they aren't attracting top talent unless they only know the TV roster.

Looking at KENTA's output in the last 3-4 years I wouldn't call him one of the absolute best in the world, but I'm really looking forward to seeing him against the NXT guys. 10 minute matches with Breeze and Kidd should be a breath of fresh air after all his bloated matches with dweebs like Marufuji, Nakajima etc.

As far as elite athletes, they did sign an Olympic wrestler. Mojo Rawley is supposed to be an amazing athlete but that hasn't translated well to the ring. Actually wasn't that the problem with a lot of elite athletes signed during JR's time?

HILARIOUS. Epic banter.

Seriously mate instead of posting stuff like that check him out online. DVDR used to be about watching and recommending Wrestling.

Grow a thicker skin, son. It's a serious question.  Sorry if it doesn't sit well with you but CM Punk was heralded as influenced by this guy's style, which even includes nicking his finisher. I'm not a CM Punk fan, I tried to get into puro in the past and couldn't (incl. ROH's tribute act to the superior Japanese sport), and I have limited time, so is it really worth wasting my time watching something I probably won't enjoy?  :blink:

Grow a thicker skin, son. It's a serious question.  Sorry if it doesn't sit well with you but CM Punk was heralded as influenced by this guy's style, which even includes nicking his finisher. I'm not a CM Punk fan, I tried to get into puro in the past and couldn't (incl. ROH's tribute act to the superior Japanese sport), and I have limited time, so is it really worth wasting my time watching something I probably won't enjoy?  :blink:

Didn't sound like a serious question. Just a snarky reply.

I didn't where to begin with the " I tried to get into puro" thing like it is one style of Wrestling or something. Ok you don't like high flying or "Puro".  I wouldn't have replied to you initially if I thought I would get this odd close minded malarky back. Like I already said wow this board has changed a lot over of the years.

You tried to get into Puro but never watched a Kenta match.  :huh:

I still don't understand why you give a shit where the guys are coming from. Who cares what kind of money went into the performance center. They've already made that back from Shield t-shirts. Whether they are "athletes" or dudes from ROH, CZW and Japan, all that matters is whether the roster is deeper in talent than it was before. And it is.

I'm not never going to get through to you angry guy (I hope you don't beat women like your defensive end), so let's agree to disagree. We are different types of wrestling fans.

I am not seeing NXT in a whole new light. NXT is development for SOME of its talent while its home to the others. Guys like The Ascension are NXT guys. I think they serve a better purpose in NXT then  they would on the main shows. The truly new guys (i.e Mojo) will need to experience working with complete shit (The Ascension) and gods (Sami). I think there is a whole psychological element to keeping guys like The Ascension around as guys like Mojo will get a taste of the actual WWE backstage as politics, ego, etc. some into play.

• Like 1

In response to comments earlier, I highly doubt they expect Sami to be a heel against Neville, as Neville had fairly heelish comments in the post-show interviews. I had a houseful of wrestlers on Friday and we were discussing what to do with Sami if/when he gets called up, though: "plucky babyface that always loses but has a lot of heart" doesn't last long as a gimmick on the big roster.

It was pretty much Daniel Bryan's gimmick from the time he won MitB until he cashed it in.

KENTA's biggest problem will be getting "CM Punk" chants if they let him keep the GTS.

He can use the knee and get "YES" chants instead.

Claiming NXT is anything but an unmitigated success has to be a joke.

1) They've already produced a lot of top-quality guys. Roman and Rollins spent some time in the early days of the current version. The Wyatts came to life in the Full Sail incarnation. Those guys are already quasi-main event guys and combined have been in a ridiculous amount of the best matches of the past two years. Say what you want about their booking now, but NXT developed those guys into main roster stars.  Rusev's probably next at the main event level, too. Bo Dallas could get there, too.

2) They've given a lot of hope for a woman's division that isn't filled with partially-trained trash. Paige is great. Emma and Summer were relegated to comedy act stuff (which made sense, since their comedy match work in NXT was amazing), but both can really work. Charlotte and Bailey are on their way at some point and are also top notch.

3) The mid-card guys they've produced have all worked. Not everyone will be a huge star. That's just the nature of wrestling -- what 600 nerds in Florida like might not translate to a 20,000 seat arena and PPV audience. But they're all at least solid workers. The least impressive guy from NXT to get called up is Xavier Woods, but they're experimenting with him as a stable mouthpiece and, since he's a real-life PhD candidate, will get trotted out for newspaper articles and appearances. That PR stuff has a ton of value, too.

4) The only miss they've had is Adam Rose. And that's not even that bad of a whiff, since he fits a decent comedy slot and his entourage can give us things like Heath Slater and Titus chasing bunnies.

5) They're starting to figure out how to rebuild main event guys. Cesaro was sort of the first -- he got to have PPV caliber matches with Sami and Regal, and that no doubt helped him get some top card play for a bit. They've definitely done that with Tyson Kidd, who has become a magnificent bastard.

6) They also built something for nerds like us. NXT might not always have the best quality of matches, but it's at least always interesting. I love being able to watch these characters from and the workers figure it out. Bo Dallas went from being a DOA babyface into one of the most sublimely entertaining acts imaginable. I've gotten to see Bailey grow in confidence. Aiden English went from a jobber to an entertaining singing act into one hell of a tag worker. Tyler Breeze went from comedy heel into a great sneaky piece of shit (with his own theme song) and has poor man's Shawn Michaels potential.

7) NXT is also just fun. It's good, simple storylines filled with really great characters. The crowd is awesome -- it's like a mix of Chikara and ECW in the best ways possible. They have really funny chants ("Bailey's Gonna Hug You") and shut down stuff like CM Punk or Leo Kruger chants.

It's my favorite thing in wrestling. I'm really positive about the WWE in general, but NXT is the most fun to watch, and it's not even a debate.

I love that HHH sees this as a new WCW type of thing. I've never seen Kenta or Steen and whoever else. I'm so excited to see it continue.

• Like 7

I didn't where to begin with the " I tried to get into puro" thing like it is one style of Wrestling or something. Ok you don't like high flying or "Puro".  I wouldn't have replied to you initially if I thought I would get this odd close minded malarky back. Like I already said wow this board has changed a lot over of the years.

You tried to get into Puro but never watched a Kenta match.   :huh:

You see the problem here is you are projecting the persona you are trying to portray on this board onto others. The snarkiness began with you posting that condescending "WOW!" comment followed by your second comment too, as if you are a barometer of taste. Again you resort to your high horse and misinterpret simple communication in this quoted post. You have no idea what I've watched or what my likes and dislikes are, or how much spare time I have to engage in an activity to satisfy a narcissistic member on a pro wrestling message board.

You could have stopped a second, stepped back and chose to engage in normative human conversation. But then you wouldn't be a dickhead.  :D
  • Like 1

You tried to get into Puro but never watched a Kenta match.   :huh:

You see the problem here is you are projecting the persona you are trying to portray on this board onto others. The snarkiness began with you posting that condescending "WOW!" comment followed by your second comment too, as if you are a barometer of taste. Again you resort to your high horse and misinterpret simple communication in this quoted post. You have no idea what I've watched or what my likes and dislikes are, or how much spare time I have to engage in an activity to satisfy a narcissistic member on a pro wrestling message board.

You could have stopped a second, stepped back and chose to engage in normative human conversation. But then you wouldn't be a dickhead.  :D

Nope not watching a KENTA match is worth a wow! to be honest especially when you are claiming you have tried to get into "Puro". Also you did list some of your dislikes.

What an over explanation/tantrum on your part. You are an online Wrestling fan posting on this forum of all places. Sorry but my shock is warranted. Has nothing to do with snarkiness, condescension, being barometer of taste, being on my high horse or being narcissistic or engaging normative human conversation or whatever term you want to fit into your odd over written post. KENTA was one of the absolute best Wrestlers of the last decade. Never seeing one of his matches is in fact pass remarkable. Sorry if that hurts you feelings.

Seems that one by-product of being on the spectrum is an enhanced vocabulary, yes.

So anyway, I've noticed we don't tend to post taping spoilers in the NXT threads. Seems weird, so here:

September 18th episode:

* Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson defeated Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake in a dark match.

* Titus O'Neil comes out and threatens to hold the show up. Sami Zayn interrupts and rips on Titus for The Bunny. Titus threatens him and out comes Adrian Neville, who says he's the one to defend NXT. Tyson Kidd is out next. They cut promos and out comes William Regal. He announces Kidd and Titus vs. Neville and Sami for tonight.

* Charlotte defeated Emma.

* Hideo Itami defeated Justin Gabriel. The Ascension attacked Hideo after the match and laid him out with Fall of Man.

* Baron Corbin defeated CJ Parker.

* Titus O'Neil and Tyson Kidd defeated Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn.

September 25th episode:

* Bull Dempsey defeated Mojo Rawley.

* Tyler Breeze made his entrance and laid out Mojo at ringside. Breeze then defeated Justin Gabriel.

* Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss. Bayley called Charlotte out after the match and asked for a Takeover rematch. Charlotte said she would be honored and says see ya next week kid.

* Enzo Amore defeated Marcus Louis.

* Sin Cara and Kalisto defeated The Ascension to retain their titles. Hideo Itami distracted Ascension from the stage, allowing Lucha Dragons to retain. Konnor rushed Hideo on the stage after the match but Hideo took him out with kicks.

October 2nd episode:

* Charlotte defeated Bayley to retain her title.

* Hideo Itami vs. Viktor never starts when The Ascension destroys Hideo before the bell. Trainers and referees check on Hideo for several minutes.

* Baron Corbin defeated Troy McClain.

* Simon Gotch and Aiden English defeated Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger.

* Adrian Neville defeated Tyson Kidd in a Last Chance match to retain. Titus O'Neil was sitting in the front row and got involved but Sami Zayn took him out. It was announced Kidd has no NXT Title shots left.

October 9th episode:

* Tyler Breeze defeated Mojo Rawley by submission.

* Hideo Itami defeated Viktor. Konnor appeared towards the end of the match and destroyed Funaki. The Ascension beat up Hideo in the ring and tied him up in the ropes. They made Hideo watch while they hit Fall of Man on Funaki. Funaki went out on a stretcher.

* Aiden English and Simon Gotch defeated Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady.

* Sasha Banks defeated Becky Lynch by submission.

* Titus O'Neil defeated Sami Zayn. Titus tried to attack after the match but Adrian Neville pulled Sami to safety. Sami and Neville had words.

What's the British version of "holla holla"?

EDIT: This should be in the other thread. Didn't realize which NXT thread I was reading. Apologies.