DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

The traditional tiny indy show card. Wrestler A vs Wrestler B. Wrestler C vs Wrestler D. Tag Match: A & C vs B & D. 4 Man Battle Royal.

Oh, and the Ring Announcer, Timekeeper and Referee are all one person.

The traditional tiny indy show card. Wrestler A vs Wrestler B. Wrestler C vs Wrestler D. Tag Match: A & C vs B & D. 4 Man Battle Royal.

I've been to that show.  Several time, in fact.

• Like 1

I've been to that show. Several time, in fact.

That show is pretty good. I just wish everyone didn't come out to "Sharp Dressed Man".

So just to be clear, TNA taped all their TV shit that'll run until the current deal with Spike is over and then fired all the production staff until they figure out what the next move is?

Are they also not having house shows anymore? Not that it matters I guess.

So just to be clear, TNA taped all their TV shit that'll run until the current deal with Spike is over and then fired all the production staff until they figure out what the next move is?

Well, this means 1 of 3 things.

1) They have a new deal with someone, but at substantially less money, and they figure that they can cut what they got and hire cheaper people right out of school or abuse internships as a cost cutting measure.

2) There's no deal coming anywhere, they don't believe there is one, and this is the beginning of the end.

3) There's 2 months of TV in the can and pre-taped PPV's and they layed off the staff to save money and let them collect unemployment until they have a deal somewhere and promise to rehire them when they start taping again.

Problem with 3 is that Dixie's word means about shit, so its unlikely that there's production staff that'll sit collecting 60% of their salary because she "promises" that she'll hire everyone back.

Problem with 3 is that Dixie's word means about shit, so its unlikely that there's production staff that'll sit collecting 60% of their salary because she "promises" that she'll hire everyone back.

I thought the production people were getting stiffed on their pay so unemployment may end up being more than they were actually getting. I don't know what it is with wrestling that makes people still show up to work without being paid, it's absurd. Wrestlers have to be the only people who will still show up to work without being paid for 3 months.

Not that I'm one to hope a company closes but the sooner TNA goes under the sooner I get to see Havok and Bayley reenact Vader vs Sting in NXT.

Wait, they were stiffing their production people?  How the fuck does a company backed by a major Energy comglomerate NOT pay its employees?  I mean, I know Dixie has a fetish for rehashing old WWE and ECW stuff, but redoing Heyman's not paying people?  Shit, I mean, when Heyman was doing it, the bank account was empty so there was an excuse.  But TNA, no excuse.  That can't be right.

Wait, they were stiffing their production people?  How the fuck does a company backed by a major Energy comglomerate NOT pay its employees?  I mean, I know Dixie has a fetish for rehashing old WWE and ECW stuff, but redoing Heyman's not paying people?  Shit, I mean, when Heyman was doing it, the bank account was empty so there was an excuse.  But TNA, no excuse.  That can't be right.

Unless it's bullshit from PWInsider, the production staff threatened to walkout unless their pay was caught up.

There were major concerns about money at this past week’s set of TNA Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando, specifically with the production crew.

People in production were upset about being behind on pay and it was said that if they weren’t caught up on pay by a certain point, they were going to walk out in the middle of last week’s sets of tapings.

These threats clearly made their way back to TNA management as checks were issued to people and everything cooled off. There was a 24-hour period where there was a lot of tension backstage. As noted earlier, money is tighter than ever right now for TNA.

(Source: PWInsider)

Dixie and TNA are the shame of professional wrestling.