DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-1-14

MGFanJay

The show opened with one of the worst "5,000 guys say 1,000 words" deals that peaked with either Jericho being shocked by Cena or HHH saying HE RUNS THE WWWE! Also, a 6-man tag was made to set up a new possible challenger in the NoC main event match. Miz/Cesaro-Sheamus/Dolph was fun, but the finish should've been a DQ. Still, I dug Miz getting a pinfall win on Raw and him getting a makeup artist and Sandow as his official entourage rules.  Divas 6-man was awful, but Eva Marie's setup and selling of a double dropkick was hilariously bad.

Wyatts faced Show/Henry in their worst match yet. Lana came out to seemingly make the Nyett Family, and Rusev caused a DQ. Heyman cut an okay promo, but nothing too special. Axel-Swagger was a backdrop to a stupid Bo Dallas angle. The Bunny helped Rose beat Titus setting up and I quote "We've got some serious stuff tonight with the Bella twins." Lordy. Nikki did Brie's exams for her so she could graduate high school. Okay then. Rusev killed Ryder, and then HENRY SAVED THE SHOW with a fantastic promo. Swagger had a nothing match with Axel to maybe set up a match with Bo, who now has folks with him that lost everything due to Jack being a loser. Titus lost via  bunny distraction to Rose, and the Bellas acted mid-ring while Paige stole the show with facial expressions. They announced Bray-Jericho in a cage next week, and furthered the Dust Bros. as a heel act by having them destroying Jimmy's knee after having Goldust cheat to beat him with the Final Cut. Henry cut an awesome promo with Show about wanting Rusev and not wanting Show to help him at ringside - HE GOTTA DO IT ON HIS OWN! Authority came out to kill more time before the main event. It was a fun match, but I could've done without Seth being made to look like an idiot in the post-match.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/wwe-raw-9-1-14.html

Screens -

90d9a1348730205.jpg

2d61a9348722549.jpg

5a3125348717587.jpg

b662f3348722660.jpg

5c1d50348728180.jpg

636cc4348722819.jpg

3c7808348726817.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/yblrqi5tkhsjds2zhkq3jy0yfqevhb8f

So torn.  On the one hand we have:

"I got to do this alone.  I got to do this for me. And I got to do this for my country."

Apollo2.jpg
        - a beautiful but doomed black man

But on the other hand...

"Crush."

image_09_09_09s.jpg
        - a very tall blonde woman who sometimes makes me get lighthe

• Like 9

So the key word is "Invited" concerning Michael Sam and next week show.   I assume that he is going to be at RAW because if it was just a publicity stunt and Sam has no clue than it is a really scumbag thing to do.

No idea why they are wasting time with this reconsidering if the #1 contender.   Did it at 8:00 for the men in a segment that sucked and it did it at 10:00 in a segment that nobody in the crowd cared about.

Hopefully next week features Nikki and Brie's high school superintendent revoking their high school diploma because of a cheating scandal, the cops arresting Brie for using another person's driver license illegally, and Dominique Cruz coming out saying that he didn't fuck Brie at the prom because he "doesn't swing that way"  

• Like 1

Does that mean he's supposed to just hear about this and show up?  Or that next week they will officially invite him to show up later?  Have they not asked him yet?  Do they even have a grindr account?

Who am I kidding, Vince 100% uses grindr and I'm pretty sure HHH told him it's the new WWE2K CAW engine just so he'll keep showing people his starred profiles and will be happy with the video game division.

Name-that-indy-worker roll call for me:

Crazy Mary Dobson was Miz's makeup girl.

Marek Brave and "Miss Natural" Heather Patera were two of the Bo-lievers.
Matt Cage and Bradley Charles were Rosebuds.

Yes, these were the highlights of the show for me.

• Like 3

Bo was the best thing in a muddled show.

"Richie bet an entire months (farmer?) salary on you winning at Summer Slam...and then he went on to bet double or nothing on your rematches.  Now the bank is taking the family farm."

That is kind of beautifully stupid.  Like the stupid sparkles all around it in a way that makes it fun.

So nice of them to put Brie and Paige in the same talking segment so they can out do each other at being a bad promo. But Brie continues to get reactions they probably want, so she wins? Think their match on SD if given more than a minute could be good.

Nikki making up shit about Brie was awesome. Haha

Also, I really don't get the negativity surrounding last week's show.

Know what's boring as fuck?  Sisters arguing over which one is more self-centered.  You know what some of us can hear whenever we want to, if we really want to?  FUCKING SISTERS ARGUING OVER WHICH ONE IS MORE SELF-CENTERED!!!!!

That shit ruins 4ths of July....ACTUAL 4THS OF JULY WITH ROMAN CANDLES AND BARBECUE AND SHIT!!!

• Like 7

The Goldust/Usos segment was a perfect example if how awesome pro wrestling can be if you don't over think it, and just let heels be liars and cheats and faces be guys who want to kick the ass of liars and cheats.

The rest of the show was.....not an example if that.

• Like 3

HHH being legitimately afraid of Brock ending Cena's career is an interesting tact from them to take this story.Of course, that was undersold in the promo, but still.

The Bellas can both fuck right off and get off my tv.  I wonder how many times Nikki had to practice the words "Selfish", "Conniving", and "Manipulative" in the mirror. 

Michael Sam has about as much chance of showing up on Raw next week as I do.

Can we just go ahead and make the Bellas match a "passive aggressive gift-giving" match?

"And Nikki opens up with a picture frame to remind Brie that she doesn't have any pictures of the family hanging in her apartment.  And wait...she's included a free calling card "So mom can hear your voice more than once a month".  Damn, we are in it now!"

"But Brie seems to be countering with...a recycling bin since Nikki hasn't even bothered to get one even though there's a recycling day for her whole apartment building.  Cold!  Wait...what's inside the bin?  A personal massager?  for her single sister???? MY GAWD>>>>MY GAWD>>>>ITS A MUDHOLE STOMPIN"

"More of a gentle vibrating, Jim."

"There are different settings, Jerry.  Everyone doesn't respond to the same things."

"That's not my experience, Jim."

"Your experience is confined to the parking lot at Six Flags, Jerry."

• Like 7

Those Bella stories didn't take it far enough. I thought when Nikki said her prom date disappeared, she was going to say Brie murdered him and she's kept it a secret until now. The least Nikki could've done was accuse Brie of sleeping with her high school teachers so she could graduate. Instead they just went PG with it and didn't even try to make this a heated feud. Bill Watts would've had Nikki talking about she knows where Brie buried the bodies and shit.

• Like 3

Bo was the best thing in a muddled show.

"Richie bet an entire months (farmer?) salary on you winning at Summer Slam...and then he went on to bet double or nothing on your rematches.  Now the bank is taking the family farm."

That is kind of beautifully stupid.  Like the stupid sparkles all around it in a way that makes it fun.

Richie was Marek.  Don't know who the other guy was.

Those Bella stories didn't take it far enough. I thought when Nikki said her prom date disappeared, she was going to say Brie murdered him and she's kept it a secret until now. The least Nikki could've done was accuse Brie of sleeping with her high school teachers so she could graduate. Instead they just went PG with it and didn't even try to make this a heated feud. Bill Watts would've had Nikki talking about she knows where Brie buried the bodies and shit.

Bill Watts would've had Momma Bella do a run in only for Nano to slap everyone and yell "LET THEM SETTLE THIS IN THE RING!!!l" in Italian.

• Like 1

Know what's boring as fuck? Sisters arguing over which one is more self-centered. You know what some of us can hear whenever we want to, if we really want to? FUCKING SISTERS ARGUING OVER WHICH ONE IS MORE SELF-CENTERED!!!!!

That shit ruins 4ths of July....ACTUAL 4THS OF JULY WITH ROMAN CANDLES AND BARBECUE AND SHIT!!!

... this Labor Day weekend, man ...

I thought Nikki came off like the face in the Bella feud, she had me convinced Brie was a total scumbag. Until Brie dismissed them all as lies. Did you see Stephanie begin to laugh when A.J. referred to HHH as her "little husband". 

I gotta assume they got a assurance Sam will be there and haven't just thrown out a blind invitation on TV. 

I gotta assume they got a assurance Sam will be there and haven't just thrown out a blind invitation on TV. 

This is WWE, Vince probably thinks it would be HI-larious to have a random indy guy pretend to be Sam and be all sterotypically gay and stuff and then be beaten up by someone. I can see this going Trump/Rosie and be really really bad. I hope not but that's what I'm expecting because that's what WWE has lead me to expect.