DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

/reads BleedingCool rumors about Marvel's plans for the X-line and sees it's actually coming true

Bahahahahaha!!!!! Fuck you, Marvel. Thanks for making it easier to drop your shit without looking back.

Huh? BC has been reporting the mutants leaving Earth for months now yet the current books they have rumors up for today all still seem Earthbound.

It looks like Cyclops is heading up the non-Earth X-Men.

I haven't seen anything about that. Where did you read that?

Technically, Cyclops is missing along with "other prominent X-Men" due to an event with the Inhumans. But the rumors of Space Cyclops has been going for a while.

Here's the teams we know of so far:

X-Teams

All-New: Young Cyclops, Young Beast, Young Archangel, Young Iceman, Wolverine (X-23)

Uncanny: Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, Psylocke, Fantomex

Extraordinary: Storm, Old Man Logan, Magik, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Young Jean Grey.

Avengers

Uncanny: Steve Rogers, Rogue, Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo, Spider-Man (Parker), Toro, Deadpool

New: (The AIMvengers) Sunspot, Hawkeye, Songbird, Squirrel Girl, Wiccan, Hulkling

All New All Different: Captain America (Sam Wilson), Thor (Jane Foster), Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Spider-Man (Morales)

The Ultimates: Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Spectrum, Captain Marvel, Ms. America, Galactus

A-Force: Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Medusa, Sister Grimm, Dazzler, Captain Universe(?)

Guardians of the Galaxy: Rocket, Groot, Drax, Venom, The Thing, and what is assumed to be Kitty Pryde.

The Illuminati: The Hood, Absorbing Man, Titania, Mr. Hyde, Black Ant (Eric O'Grady)

Web Warriors: Spider-Gwen, Spider UK, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man (Prabakhar), Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon), Spider-Man Noir

Uncanny Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Human Torch, The Beast, Triton, Nur

So I'm seeing a Nova book with the tag line Family Business which would make me think its based on the current Infinity Gauntlet mini for Secret Wars yet the cover has both Sam and Rider. If Rider is actually back post-Secret Wars I can think of at least one book I will be giving a chance.

Thank you.

Only one I will get for sure is Spider-Gwen. Spider-Gwen, The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 getting #1s so soon after they had them is stupid. Know why Marvel's doing it.

Hoped The Amazing Spider-Man would get a new creative team and this is coming from someone who's liked the majority of Dan Slott's Spidey stories since I started reading with Big Time. The return of The Amazing Spider-Man in 2014 has mostly been a bust. Will probably pick up The Amazing Spider-Man #1 at least. Like the new Spidey costume designed by Alex Ross.

Another book I might get is Spider-Man 2099. Unsure about Spider-Man 2099's new look. I read Spider-Man 2099 (Vol. 1): Out of Time collecting material from The Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1 and Spider-Man 2099 (2014) #1-5. from the library. I really enjoyed the book.

Those aren't all the new #1's, apparently.  So there could still be more X books.  Not really expecting that, though.

I buy books for writers, not characters or concepts.  It seems like a lot of the writers that will sell a book for me have left Marvel - Rememder, Hickman, Gillen, etc. Bendis and Slott are still around, but neither one of them are automatic buys for me.  Not a huge Bendis fan, even though I did enjoy his X-work.  On the fence about continuing with Guardians.  Really tired of Slott on Spider Man, and I'm not much interested as Pete as a character.

Most of the creative teams on the new books don't interest me much.  Lemire on X-Men could be interesting, but..... Ramos on art.  Sigh.

I think the only two books I'm definitely going to pick up post-Secret Wars are Squadron Supreme and Thor.  A couple maybe's.  This will probably be the fewest Marvel titles I keep up with since..... the 90's, maybe.

Those aren't all the new #1's, apparently.  So there could still be more X books.  Not really expecting that, though.

I buy books for writers, not characters or concepts.  It seems like a lot of the writers that will sell a book for me have left Marvel - Rememder, Hickman, Gillen, etc. Bendis and Slott are still around, but neither one of them are automatic buys for me.  Not a huge Bendis fan, even though I did enjoy his X-work.  On the fence about continuing with Guardians.  Really tired of Slott on Spider Man, and I'm not much interested as Pete as a character.

Most of the creative teams on the new books don't interest me much.  Lemire on X-Men could be interesting, but..... Ramos on art.  Sigh.

I think the only two books I'm definitely going to pick up post-Secret Wars are Squadron Supreme and Thor.  A couple maybe's.  This will probably be the fewest Marvel titles I keep up with since..... the 90's, maybe.

Have you tried Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man 2099?

I would like the above post but I'm outta likes for the day. Don't know if you want to put it in spoilers for those who dont want to know the direction Spider-Man's going in post Secret Wars.

I didn't think about spoilers, but Slott is already doing the press rounds for it with "High Tech Tycoon" being mentioned in the headlines.

I would like the above post but I'm outta likes for the day. Don't know if you want to put it in spoilers for those who dont want to know the direction Spider-Man's going in post Secret Wars.

I didn't think about spoilers, but Slott is already doing the press rounds for it with "High Tech Tycoon" being mentioned in the headlines.

Ah, fair enough. You'll still get that like long as I remember ; ).