DVDVR Message Board

Breaking Bad Final Season Continues August 11th

Elsalvajeloco

I think it's a pretty safe bet Skylar doesn't let Walt Jr. have any of the money, and it just sits there unused or gets donated to charity (ironically probably to treat the very people the meth destroyed in the first place.)  And the other 80 million either stays lost or the feds take it.  So in the whole scheme of things the only characters in Breaking Bad who gained anything from Walt's money at the end and lived was Robert Forster, Badger, and Skinny Pete.

Skyler has fuck all to say about what happens with Walt Jr's money.  He's getting it on his 18th birthday.  He's an adult then and she has no say.  It's ultimately up to him about what to do with it.

Wasn't the primary reason that Walt did a B&E was that Junior wouldn't know that it was from him? And I don't think Walt told Skyler. So as far as they know, it's from Gretchen and Elliot being super charitable after all that has went down. The only problem I see is that Walter Jr doesn't want to be a part of their pity party.

Nice touch: Jack tries to negotiate with Walt for his life and Walt shoots him without a second though. Similar to Walt pleading for Hank's life and Jack not hearing a word of it.

And I think the most impressive thing about the finale is that Walt essentially made a robot to wipe out a bunch of Nazis and it still manages to not seem ridiculous. 

• Like 5

Wasn't the primary reason that Walt did a B&E was that Junior wouldn't know that it was from him? And I don't think Walt told Skyler. So as far as they know, it's from Gretchen and Elliot being super charitable after all that has went down. The only problem I see is that Walter Jr doesn't want to be a part of their pity party.

Walt Jr. will come around when he realizes how many breakfasts that money can buy.

• Like 8

Yeah, he didn't say a word to Skyler about the money. She would have no reason to assume Gretchen & Elliot were doing it on Walt's behalf.

I thought the finale was great. I really hope they start Saul's show with Huell sitting in the safehouse still waiting and then just fade back to a happier, more crime-filled time for Saul, Huell and Kuby.

I have an addendum for after the safehouse scene.

Scene: Gretchen and Elliot go for a morning jog outside their palatial estate.

Gretchen (turning to Elliot while they're jogging): Maybe Walt wasn't serious about the hitmen. I refuse to believe he was serious. I just refuse to live my life...looking over my shoulder.

All of sudden, Huell and Kuby jump out of the bushes frantically.

*Gretchen and Elliot comically run away in terror in opposite directions*

Huell: Come back yall.....have you seen Agent Schrader?!?!

Kuby: Geez, what's wrong with them? *Looks at Huell and then looks back down the road* I tell you man...can't find good help these days.

*Cue Better Call Saul title credits*

Yeah, he didn't say a word to Skyler about the money. She would have no reason to assume Gretchen & Elliot were doing it on Walt's behalf.

Walt had eleven million dollars.  Now magically a similar amount falls into their lap and she wouldn't make assumptions?  I would assume they would accept it but never use it.

Walt had eleven million dollars. Now magically a similar amount falls into their lap and she wouldn't make assumptions? I would assume they would accept it but never use it.
If they admitted they never gave Walt money for his cancer treatment, she would trust it's money from them.

Skylar was never against using blood money. Walt Jr was, but she wasn't.

She might have her suspicions, but she probably won't say anything. For Holly's sake if nothing else. As for Walt Jr.,I don't think he's smart enough to figure it out and may just buy Elliot and Gretchen's explanation about feeling charitable. I mean, this was a kid whose dad was a meth kingpin for two years and he never picked up on it. Not the brightest bulb.  

When I first saw the lasers pointed at Gretchen & Elliott, I thought it was some contraption that Walt created, then I thought maybe Kuby & a new partner, but when they had it be Skinny Pete & Badger, that was just great. Their guilt went away pretty fast too. I could see them going back playing laser tag on Gretchen & Elliott to get more money.

Walt was like fucking MacGyver to finish that show with the whole machine gun popping out of the trunk thing.  Topped anything the A-Team created, except the tank with a hose that shot out milk at villians. That's pretty hard to top when fighting a gang of criminals.  I can kinda see why Walt didn't feel appreciated as a teacher.

Also Todd after the shooting wanting to know how Mr. White did it, only to get choked out by Jesse was great. I was hoping Walt would have told him he poisoned Lydia to break his heart, but I was ok with his ending.

What an amazing finale and the perfect way to wrap up the series. It's all very bittersweet because there's no more Breaking Bad, but at the same time, man, what a gangster way to go out with Walt FINALLY being truthful with Skylar and Jesse breaking free from Walt.

And while I think this solidifies the series as my all time favorite and best I've ever seen, The Shield does have the best series finale of all time, along with plenty of best season finales. So much powerful shit went down in the finale for The Shield. 

I'm also still blown away (huhuhuh) that Gus was Buggin' Out from Do the Right Thing.

Interestingly, Giligan said on Talking Bad that Walt was probably going there to kill Jesse, thinking he was willingly helping the Nazis. But as soon as he saw him, and what he'd been through, he realized how much he still cared and couldn't do it.

I loved this, but based on my initial viewing, I think it's safe for Shawn Ryan to pop the cork on his champagne. THE SHIELD still has the best finale of all time.

It's a tough call. They are certainly the top two answers in my mind with no other shows even close. Well except maybe the original Iron Chef finale.

That scene between Walt and Skyler was everything you could have hoped for and more. So much said without words, such incredible performances when you think you've already seen the best they both have to give. Obviously the "I did it for me" will get referenced the most, but my favorite was:

"You look terrible."

"Yeah... but I feel good."

Yeah, he was gonna take 'em all out - the Aryans and Jesse - nobody makes the blue but Heisenberg, dammit - but when Jesse was a captive, the plan changed.

I believe Walt Jr. and Skyler will take Gray Matter's money 'cause it seems feasible that Gray Matter would set up a trust for Walt's kids and you know Gretchen and Elliott will absolutely sell the living shit out of the story for fear Walt's "hit men" will take them out on their next European vacation.

That was the best part of the finale, for me - everybody kinda saw it coming down to Walt vs. Aryans, probably to save Jesse, and after last week, everyone thought he was gonna be stopping off to pop a cap in Gretchen and Elliott's ass, too, but he seems to have found a way to get his kids at least some of his money after all. It all wasn't for naught.

Why would this show introduce a plot point (Walt leaves the money for his kids via threatening Gray Matter) that wasn't going to come true?

Mike tried and failed multiple times to leave money for his granddaughter. Walt found a way around that. Accept it. 

• Like 2

Why would this show introduce a plot point (Walt leaves the money for his kids via threatening Gray Matter) that wasn't going to come true?

Mike tried and failed multiple times to leave money for his granddaughter. Walt found a way around that. Accept it. 

Hey, that was fine by me. I'm glad for him and his kids.

I'm not sure Skyler will realize that the Grey Matter money is actually Walt's since Walt made it a point to tell Skyler he was out of money. Maybe she puts two and two together and figures out that he's out of money because he gave it to Grey Matter... but I don't know. Also, did she know that he was only left with $11 million because the Aryans took the rest?