DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

The Big 10 missing the playoffs altogether would make my year. There would be enough whining and crying posts on the internet to fill a book the size of Count of Monte Cristo.

As a guy who is a big enough fan of the B1G to actually type B1G, the only way the conference deserves a playoff spot is if someone emerges undefeated.

(So, hey, if Gardner can play closer to the "guy that shredded Ohio State and Notre Dame" and less "the guy who led the team to one offensive touchdown in three weeks" and if they can maybe, somewhat, protect him...  GO BLUE)

Well Cuse/Nova was a fun exercise in mediocrity. Nova has the ball inside the 15 with mere seconds to go, and the kicker pulls a straight on FG attempt to the right and we head to overtime. Down by 3 on their first possession, the Orangemen go three and out inside the five TWICE! The first time they knotted the game at 20 and the second they run a fake field goal for the touchdown. Villanova comes back down the field to score. Then the Wildcats anger me by going for two instead of taking the sure tie and it fails horribly. Syracuse survives 27-26. These teams suck but how I have missed football THIS WAS AWESOME!

Colorado is a sitting duck to any team with a decent offensive line and running back. They scored a beautiful touchdown off the games only turnover just to have CSU drive down their throats to keep the Buffs lead at 3. To the fourth we go....

Whoa, Dee Hart is going off. Happy for him. Had the worst luck possible at Bama.

McElwain giving Dee that big ass hug was awesome to see. So glad to see Dee getting a chance to show what he can do at CSU.

Overcoming adversary, good story, yeah...  Yet part of me just wants to hate the kid for de-committing to Michigan in order to go to Bama in the first place.

Seems weird to hear Verne and Gary doing a Ohio State/Navy game on the CBS Network after years of seeing them do the best games in college football

And a really good Ohio State drive ends on a terrible INT.   Braxton Miller this guy isn't  

Seems weird to hear Verne and Gary doing a Ohio State/Navy game on the CBS Network after years of seeing them do the best games in college football

I don't know what kind of ratings US Open tennis is pulling down these days, but I bet CBS wishes they could air this game instead.