DVDVR Message Board

Mortal Kombat thread

BrianS81177

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my concern is the fighting game would also have to use the light/med/strong button theory for the controller to really be an improvement.  Which a lot of them do of course but DOA 5 for example has their own unique controls that wouldn't really work for the controller without serious re-mapping (which I don't think all games allow you to do).

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/mortal-kombat-x-special-kombo-pack/

If anyone wants this cheap- the PC deluxe version (which is sold on Steam for 80) is being sold for 45 here.

This site is legit.

If anyone is looking for a fighting game controller- and is on a Sony system or PC, instead of that controller I'd recommend the Hori Fighting Commander 4.  I use that and it's really good.

I have not played an MK game in ages. I honestly cannot remember the last game in the proper series. I kept meaning to get MK9, but I never got around to picking it up.

I am picking up MKX today, but I was curious if there was a good primer of basics and tricks for people that have not played the series in a long time.

I am guessing my MK experience was one of the PS2 games.

Facebook commenter

No, I'm actually serious. It seem most of the people that Sindel killed are staying dead, so why my these 2? Was it explained or is it just kind of "Eh, because it's Mortal Kombat."

It's like one of the major plot threads in the story mode you'll never play because you already said you aren't buying this

But also eh it's Mortal Kombat. Dead people have been coming back to life since the first game

Facebook commenter

No, I'm actually serious. It seem most of the people that Sindel killed are staying dead, so why my these 2? Was it explained or is it just kind of "Eh, because it's Mortal Kombat."

It's like one of the major plot threads in the story mode you'll never play because you already said you aren't buying this

But also eh it's Mortal Kombat. Dead people have been coming back to life since the first game

1. I've been reconsidering because a girl I've been talking to wants to play it.

2. I still enjoy the Mortal Kombat story in a campy way even though I just can't wrap my head around fighting games.

3. No reason to be hostile.