DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 8-4-14

MGFanJay

Brock-Cena hype vid was amazing. Otherwise, there was WAY TOO GODDAMN MUCH filler. They went a bit overboard with network stuff, but at least made it a running joke. They've got pretty much the whole future of their company riding on the network working, so I can forgive the super-hard sell. Ambrose fucking with Seth and leading to a Heath victory was amazing! HHH as Steph's sidekick was entertaining, but the contract signing dragged on a bit.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/wwe-raw-8-4-14.html

Screens -

6cef4d343131633.jpg

bf1f24343142561.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/kbiit0dvxoio46xc7k7c23o4wic2xi1h

That Cena/Lesnar video never ended.  I was on some incredibly tedious call the whole time and had it muted, then got up to use the can, came back and it was still going.

Has the whole "guy gets distracted by the guy he's feuding with taunting him at ringside then his opponent hits a finish from behind or rolls him up" spot always been so overdone?  I get why it's necessary to prolong or intensify a feud every now and then but it seems like it's something that has to happen several times a night and is just so predictable with how the match is going to end.

When the Cesaro/Ziggler match started, I figured Cesaro was going to end up jobbing again but figured we would at least get a decent match out of it.  Nope.

Oh yeah, Nikki turning is so the obvious finish.

Brock was tremendous in the SS hype video but I didn't need to see it twice. Then again, HHH was pretty funny heeling on the Network but after King mentioned 9.99 for the twenty billionith time, I was sick of hearing that too. I guess tonight's script only contained enough material for a 2 hour show and the notation "Hype the Network every five minutes" in the margins.

Brie is on the shortlist of worst promos I've ever seen in my life. She makes Kelly Kelly look like Meryl Streep. It's as if Brie is an alien who has no grasp or concept of how humans talk. It's such a damn shame this is all being wasted on the Bellas, Steph and Triple H have never been better and they get stuck with garbage. Brie is so awful that she's almost turning Steph face. This was a really fun show, everything was pretty good and the crowd was super into everything but Jericho. The hard sell of $9.99 was funny and then JBL made it hilarious with the fucking sign. I'm hoping at some point we get Rusev and Lana covering Zeb with the Russian flag, I thought they were going to do it tonight but they didn't. Speaking of which, Sin Cara jobbing on the app was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while, such a Sin Cara thing to have happen.

• Like 2

Is the idea in the storyline that Triple H doesn't love Stephanie anymore, but since they've been married 10 years, have 3 kids and their interests are wrapped up in the business, he knows he's stuck with her no matter what?

I pick up those vibes from him on TV. Quiet resentment and irritation.

• Like 4

Is the idea in the storyline that Triple H doesn't love Stephanie anymore, but since they've been married 10 years, have 3 kids and their interests are wrapped up in the business, he knows he's stuck with her no matter what?

Or it could be you know Trip never loved Steph and just drugged her up and married her in Vegas to put it to Vince

Or it could be you know Trip never loved Steph and just drugged her up and married her in Vegas to put it to Vince

You know what, storyline wise, have they been married since then?