DVDVR Message Board

MISC MATCHES

DEAN

Some clarifications:

-The Bob Backlund vs. Aldo Montoya match was not actually in Portugal. That was a joke from the YouTube poster. It was a house show in Quebec. The match does however feature Backlund doing stalling shtick that would make Larry Zbysko even say "that's a little much." Still a fun bizarre spend of 30 minutes of your wrestling viewing time. I think I remember reading the match went that long because Undertaker was late getting in for the main event from the town the night before.

-The Andre side of the six-man trio is rounded out by two other European wrestlers, Franz Van Buyten and one of the myriad of wrestlers who have wrestled under the name Ali Bey. Mad Dog was short but he was never THAT short. Also, if Andre and Don Leo ever teamed, we would still be lamenting the death of the tag team division 45 years ago because no team ever afterward could potentially be as awesome. It would have been like The Road Warriors showing up in 1971.

-The Road Warriors vs Lawler/Raschke is from Japan TV, but the match took place in America at one of the Meadowlands Pro Wrestling USA "Star Wars" shows from when that group tried to invade the Northeast.

-Also, if you love jobbers getting beat the fuck up, by all means sit down with that Tazmaniacs squash match. Even The Steiners and The Samoans would say "hey, reign it in a little." Well, maybe not The Steiners.

• Like 1

I don't remember this.  Ishikawa and Usuda against Sean McCully and Josh Dempsey from 2001.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5sqAx1CJ94

-------------------------

More Ishikawa and Usuda in ZERO-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDrme8eFz4

----------------------

Oh man, Usuda in DEEP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGLQC4G63XY

JUMBO VERSUS THE Fuckin DREAM MACHINE.

-------------------

Rayo de Jalisco vs Fishman. YOU! You will tell me when!

------------------

Mil Mascaras vs El Halcón- mask versus mask

-------------------

Heeeere ya go.  Mil Mascaras.  Okay.  Austin Idol?  Sure.  In Japan.  WHAT NOT?!?! You tell me- WHY NOT!?!?!

--------------------

Mil MAscaras/ Dos Caras vs Harley Race/ Austin Idol in 1980.  In Japan.

Hate to say it but my research leads me to believe that the Dream Machine is not Troy Graham but is in fact Kendo Nagasaki.  (The Japanese one, not the British one.)

He doesn't have Kendo Nagasaki's build.

Both Jumbo Tsuruta (6' 6") and Kendo Nagasaki (6' 2") were taller than Troy Graham (6' 0").  The mystery gets more mysterious.  

Fucking LAYING IT IN!  Ron Garvin vs Ron Starr!

---------------------

Lou Thesz vs Motherfuggin MR MOTO! in 1962

------------------

Pat Patterson in 1968 in Australia.  You know who throws great fucking punches?  Pat Patterson.