DVDVR Message Board

MISC MATCHES

DEAN

Best tag team you never knew existed

EDIT: Damn, that was awesome. The story is that Sid was gonna be Flair's partner but they take him out. Arn already had a match but he comes out as the best replacement you could get for a tag aside from Rick Steamboat. The crowd, full of sleazy '90s gals, is super hot for this and they immediately brawl like mad; there's not a single resthold until 26 minutes in. Everybody gets viciously back elbowed in the face, Vader takes big bumps on the rail, Arn milks the hot tag to Flair for a looooong time at the end, and they actually run out of time! How did this end? Also of note is the camerawork which is super up in your face with Flair knocking one of the guys off the apron at one point. I could have been watching this shit when it aired but I was a WWF partisan kid until '96. What the hell was wrong with me?

• Like 1

I always felt that Adonis and Murdoch was one of the forgotten great tag teams of the 80's and I wish that this feud with the Brisco's was longer, but Jack flaked out over the Northeast weather and went back to Florida, so it was over before it really started.

Here's a Murdoch match I always loved: Barry Windham vs. Dick Murdoch from the Spectrum in Feb. 1985 (match starts at 39 minutes 25 seconds if the timeskip doesn't work):

If spending time watching 80s Montreal wrestling is wrong, I don't wanna be right. And you get the bonus of an appearance of the Destroyer, and the odd combination of studio wrestling from Quebec used around house show wrestling from Toledo and Detroit.

16 hours ago, Oyaji said:

lol, Otsuka giving Misawa the giant swing. Something I don't recall at all.

I was kinda pissed we didn't get the Dragon on Misawa and then I thought to myself "you sicko, why did you want to see that?!" The Swing is funny because Otsuka only gets to six and just stops while the crowd is counting along. Dude, at least give them a straight ten...

• RIPPA locked this topic