DVDVR Message Board

MISC MATCHES

DEAN

It's a banner day!  From 1989.

Great match. It's the set up to a match on the 80s set, I think.

Los Infernales Explode.

And that just went up which I think has to be the set up to the 9/18 Dandy vs Satanico hair match (58th anniversary show)

• Like 1

This is weird.  It's Punk working as a jobber on Heat, and he's announced as CM Punk, but he's referred to on commentary as Chad Collyer.

Even wackier is them referring to the name of the tag team as "CM Punk".

Man, this really proves that NO ONE was watching Sunday Night Heat at the time. I feel like this match as well as the cluster surrounding his name would have been a bigger deal especially since he was still active in Ring of Honor at the time.

Sangre Chicano in 1992!

-------------------------

MOTHYERFUCKING BRUTE BERNARD vs Inoki.  YOU! You will tell me the year! EDIT: MAN, this match is fucking great. Brute Bernard is your DADDY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZwdS4mElMb

-----------------------

Rip Hawk the bouncing bumpmeister Bruce Swayze.

Bull Nakano versus Monster Ripper.  You, beloved Joshi Shaman, will give me the DATE~!

-----------------------------

Monster Ripper in Mexico.

Sonny King- who I first saw as Bearcat Wright's cousin, who came in to help feud with the Minnesota Wrecking Crew in Mid-Atlantic- wrestles a pre-teen Ricky Morton in 1980.

-----------------------------

Abdullah the Butch vs Jack Brisco in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBLW3raOBLI

----------------------------

I had totally forgotten about the Cruel Connection.

--------------------------

Both Cruel Connections!

--------------------------

A single Cruel Connection but fukkin SNAKE BROWN!

I always loved how the team name was called "The Cruel Connection" but they were too lazy to come up with individual ring names so in singles competition it was just "Cruel Connection #1" and "Cruel Connection #2"

And not gonna lie, when I went to WrestleReunion LA a few years back and the PWG show had the Legends Rumble, I marked out big time for Cruel Connection #2 being a competitor. I am also reasonably sure I was the only person in the building marking out for that.

• Like 1