DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Shit, didn't even have time to finish my traditional pre-match ball scratching before the Americanskis scored. 

Savage is talking shit about Dempsey not singing their national anthem. Maybe he's shy? Maybe he's sensitive about his terrible singing voice?

Shit, didn't even have time to finish my traditional pre-match ball scratching before the Americanskis scored. 

Savage is talking shit about Dempsey not singing their national anthem. Maybe he's shy? Maybe he's sensitive about his terrible singing voice?

There are a lot of players at this world cup that should be more shy about their singing voice.

Portugal sang really well though, so they have that.

• Like 1

Glad to have been wrong about the result of today. After a win of that magnitude against a strong site I feel weird, but there was lots of stuff in the first ten minutes I didn´t like. Lahm was playing as if he was asleep, Hoewedes did a good job, but you could tell he is a little slow for a LB. If Schweinsteiger is in proper form, he should get a shot at CDM or CM with Lahm as a left back. Pepe´s headbutt looked like a headbutt in super slowmotion, a sign that it was indeed a headbutt. Incredibly dumb move and I would be livid if I was a member or fan of the Portuguese.

Two starters injured isn´t going to help the Portuguese campaign. Whoever wins USA vs Ghana will have a big advantage in the battle for one of the two top spots. For us it was a great start which takes away some pressure, but we have to beat Ghana on Saturday for this to really count.

Nigeria vs Iran was really not that good. Can´t see any of those two beating Bosnia-Herzegowina from what they showed.

I like that American fans above are the complete opposite of Sunderland fans there.

What's funny is that I was just sitting here thinking "Sunderland fans are probably wondering why this couldn't happen mid-season"