DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Attention two people near the English-language commentators: No one else is picking up your Seven Nation Army chant. Get a new fucking song.

addendum:  even IF others pick up the Seven Nation Army chant, get a new song anyway.  Have had enough of hearing it during football games.  No matter what football we're talking.

That's the thing with Ochoa. I personally think he's overrated (as it pertains to fans of Mexico and his former club America) but he has a tendency to play big against big squads. I seem to recall he held PSG scoreless in a Ligue 1 match this year playing for Ajaccio.

He wouldn't be the first player to be better for his country. You always get a few playing above themselves in tournaments

Ochoa's off to Marseille apparently

Between Howard and Ochoa, CONCACAF at least has some decent goalkeepers.

The Costa Rican goalkeeper Navas was also good against Uruguay

Attention two people near the English-language commentators: No one else is picking up your Seven Nation Army chant. Get a new fucking song.

Blame UEFA. at the last euros it was played at every match

This is one of those scrappy underdog games, which very often end 2-0 for the favourites, but are way tougher job for said favourites than anybody expected. Gotta love Australia´s spirit. Aaaaan just as I typed they are 1-0 down, clumsy turnover, Robben faster with than the Australians without the ball, 3 on 1. 1-1 what the hell Cahill!

I was half asleep while watching Korea vs Russia. Akinfeew´s howler was crazy. Not much besides that.

EDIT: I can´t imagine any goal beating Cahill´s for goal of the tournament.

What the hell?

the Espn streaming cuts out while it is still scoreless

By the time I get the TV in the office working it is 1-1

Stupid everything

ESPN streaming seems to cut out every 10 or 15 minutes, though it's easy enough to get it back. I wonder if it's a combination of continued increased interest in the World Cup by Americans and "matches happening during the US workday".

Have game on the background while doing work. Robben scores, go back to doing my thing. Univision guy screams GOL, I go what the hell and see Australia scored. See replay of Cahill strike: HOLY SHIT!

EDIT: Rippa, is the Univision stream blocked at your workplace? 

http://deportesenvivo.univision.com/game/holanda-at-australia-on-20140618

I could watch Univision but really I was just being super lazy and not walking the 5 feet into our training room with the HD TV with cable.