DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Got home from work and my Broadband wasn't working. Turned my modem off and on again and it worked for a minute, then packed in. Phoned up Virgin, and they said yes, there's a problem in your area we are aware of and it'll be working again on Tuesday the 9th. No home internet for 8 days. Fantastic.

Our youngest cat (still a kitten at 4 months) Cersi, brought home not one, not two, but EIGHT lizards in various states of terminal trauma today, (far outpacing Seven's previous record of five). The twin boys Jaclpot and Seven started this by bring her lizards, then unbeknownst to us must have conducted a hunting seminar; and she's just hell on wheels. Were it not for the fact that there are seemingly an endless supply of skinks, I'm certain that she'd have them on the endangered species list.

She's the only one that will eat her kill, which is not a good thing as what goes down tends to come back up. Vomitus lizardus is not a pleasant thing to clean up. The other annoying thing is that the ones she doesn't eat become toys to be hidden away and played with later. What's worse than finding a lizard in your shoe? Yes, you got it, half a lizard in your shoe! Thank you, thank you; I'll be here all week, tip the veal and try the waitress...

• Like 1

Our older cat turned 17 in March.  She's diabetic and the diabetes also caused her to go hyperthyroid.  We manage them both with medicine but god damn, the 'beetus meds cost us roughly $300 every 2-3 months.  She seems to be in pain moving around but still manages.  She's also still pretty alert but really doesn't want to do much of anything.  To make matters worse, she recently started peeing outside the box.  Now I don't mean peeing everywhere...I mean she has a habit of peeing in the very corner of the box by the opening, so sometimes her hind end hangs out and she pees on the floor instead.  Other times, she pees on the upper wall of the box, so the pee runs down into the seal of the box (between the top and bottom halves) and then onto the floor.  And her breath is horrible but cat tooth care is way too expensive (we've had it done in the past) and I'm not sure if she can stand the anesthesia anymore, regardless.  I don't know what my point is except that old cats, no matter how much you love them, are a pain in the ass.

That's EXACTLY what we've had to deal with. That's how it started, then she started peeing and pooping in blatant spots to get our attention. We took her to the vet and sure enough, her blood sugar's way off.

She's trying to tell you something.

I think our girl's problem is just old age; her last blood sugar test, which wasn't that long ago, came back fine.  She's not really pissing in random places, she's just missing the target :D

Yeah, but that's how ours started, and now we've got protective pads everywhere.  Get it nipped in the bud early.

If I went eight days without Internet I dunno what I would do.  Which is kind of sad but that's life these days.

I watched a bunch of movies, played some games I'd not got around to yet, read a book I'd probably have given up on had distractions been available... and watched Youtube on my TV. And used the computers in the library in town a few times. So I didn't exactly go 8 days completely without internet per se.

I could if I wanted to, mind. You know how some people say they have an addictive personality? They can't just have one drink or whatever, because they've got an addictive personality? If that's the case, therefore other people must have a non-addictive personality, and they can give shit up really easily no bother. I think I'm one of those guys. I don't know, I've never tried smoking or drinking or drugs... and I'm fairly sure I'm not a sex addict. I'd have noticed by now if I was right?

It was about eight months ago.

When my wife, told my older sister, who told my younger sister, to tell me that we were moving to BC in the fashion that only people around me can do, which is tell everybody about important matters but me.

At first I felt a big cloud lift off me. Because I had grown tired of living where I was.

Nowadays it's just my constant reminder of how fucked up my life is.

Everyday, I find myself having to fix other peoples fucking problems. And I'm fucking tired of it.

I'm tired of the days of me fixing other peoples issues only to get no thanks.

I'm tired of wanting to help people only to get told to fuck of.

I'm tired of trying to come up with plans only to have to do twelve other things before I can do something as simple as going to the store.

I'm tired of having to come up with ideas, because everytime I do someone goes "You see, we can't do that. Because we're going to do this...and that...and this plan, and we want to do this right now, and we are going to do this." Well none of that shit that people say they are going to do ever happens.

So what would you do? On one hand, I have a group of people I know. I have medical issues that prevent me from living on my own, and a fear of the unfamiliar.

On the other hand, I get a runaround from people that are supposed to be my friends and family.

They say you are what you eat. And ever since I moved out of California, I ain't been fed nothing but shit. So I guess I became shit. I am uncaring to the world these days.

Several people I know, that I am not physically near have had great successes. I am not jealous of these people.

All I've gotten from people around me is garbage.

I cant stand this area. I'm surrounded by a bunch of damned imbeciles. I have to deal with people who seem to have basic comprehension problems.

I want to go away. I thought this would be a new start to my life.

Instead. I honestly want to fucking die. Because this is going to be the end of me.

Sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots, that I work hard so other people don't have to, that no good deed I do can ever go unpunished, whilst other are rewarded for incompetence. But I just use it as arrogance fuel. Because I like to be the guy who thinks he's better than everyone. Can't complain when people do things to prove they're worse than me.

EDIT: I have never spoken to Cristobal while wanking. You need both hands on the controller while playing GTA online.

If I got angry every time someone did something stupid, I'd be angry all the time. And that's no fun once you've left your 20s. It's not much fun before that either, but there's a certain glamour to being an angry young man. Whereas an angry middle aged man is a bit of a waste.

They couldn't fit all the solar panels because there was an undiscovered nest of Bees in the roof. And the council wouldn't take them out for free, so now I've got a guy coming tomorrow to get rid of them. Which I've got to pay for. Bollocks. And then the solars go up on Friday.

If I got angry every time someone did something stupid, I'd be angry all the time.

Some people are...

3730468-tumblr_inline_mr4uxvyi1d1qz4rgp.

Sadly, that largely describes me, more often than not. Especially since in my own personal experience, it seems like this country and its people are actively trying to get worse and worse over the past fifteen years, in a historical time period when we had every opportunity to get better.

Like, here's a "why is this legal in America?!" moment I got bitchslapped with today. I'm on a prescription for blood pressure medication. It's one of those "one pill a day, for the rest of your life" kind of deals. Without it, my diastolic average pressure is about 120; or, as doctors call it, "HOLY FUCKING SHIT, GET THIS GUY TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM, NOW!!!". I wander down to the local Walmart pharmacy today to get my refill (because, for whatever reason, doctors usually won't prescribe you for more than one goddamn month at a time; even in cases where you're on this medicine for the rest of your life). And hey, guess what? Without any warning whatsoever, the price of my meds has jumped six times from what it used to be. That's a 600% price increase, over the period of 30 days, for a simple pill which has been around for decades. Most amazingly of all, they do this without even the tiniest whisper of warning to all those patients who have prescriptions for these drugs and have no idea that the price is about to be raised so high, until they're actually at the cash register in the pharmacy and don't have time to think about it. They can do this shit, and there's nothing you can do in return except 1.eat their shit, or 2.die. And with my finances right now being literally lower-than-bankrupt, #2 is looking like it might legit end up be the choice I'm forced into accepting. Thanks, conservative big-business-boosters, you soulless cocksuckers. You're literally killing people in order to make a few extra bucks.

Prescription drugs are such a racket.  My cat was diagnosed with diabetes maybe 4 years ago and the insulin cost about $100.  Since then, it's increased steadily until now it's almost $300.  For no reason other than the makers of it know 1) that it's the main insulin prescribed for cats and there's no insurance for that,  2) if you're the type of pet owner that cares for your pet instead of putting them down, you'll pay through the nose, and 3) their patent time period is up soon, so they need to make hay while the sun shines.

I've read that they may fuck around with the formulation in a desperate effort to keep the patent and block a generic.  Greedy fucks.