DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank V

Dolfan in NYC

I was disappointed that Ambrose or Bryan weren't the ones to neutralize Kane in the Main Event instead Cena got all the glory. The pop for Dean or Bryan would have gotten for pulling Kane out of the ring and brawling to the back with him would have been great and HHH and Stephanie could have freaked out faces knowing that plan B was gone.

Bryan's injured. Why would you expect him to be physically involved in anything?

The right guy went over in the main event and I don't see an argument for a different result - Reigns, Cesaro, and Wyatt just aren't ready, and any of the other four winning would have been shit on for 14 pages too.

• Like 1

I was disappointed that Ambrose or Bryan weren't the ones to neutralize Kane in the Main Event instead Cena got all the glory. The pop for Dean or Bryan would have gotten for pulling Kane out of the ring and brawling to the back with him would have been great and HHH and Stephanie could have freaked out faces knowing that plan B was gone.

Bryan's injured. Why would you expect him to be physically involved in anything?

The right guy went over in the main event and I don't see an argument for a different result - Reigns, Cesaro, and Wyatt just aren't ready, and any of the other four winning would have been shit on for 14 pages too.

Yeah, when the guy comes out and says "hey I still can't feel my arm, thanks for the memories" I typically don't expect him to start handing out running knees  on the same show.

Nah, Reigns was the only correct choice to win the World title yesterday.

Cena winning only makes sense in the context that he's going to lose the title against Lesnar at Summerslam.

Why would anyone think it was a good idea to hot shot the belt onto Reigns?  There is no money in him as champion right now.  If there is money in Reigns, it will be in the chase, just like D-Bryan this year,  Reigns is a good year away from winning the belt.  Honestly, I wouldn't put it on him for 2.  He really isn't that good or over yet.  If he is the guy for the future, then they need to build up his first title win huge.  Like a Goldberg title win.  Goldberg had this unstoppable momentum with the fans when he won that belt.   Right now Reigns gets a few good pops for his music and signature moves.  Build the title, build the win.  Dude just broke off as a single a month ago, way too early to be champ or carry the company.  I also don;t feel like he could be the man, but that is just like my opinion man.  

• Like 2

Why would anyone think it was a good idea to hot shot the belt onto Reigns? 

Because they think he is a guy who can carry the Not Being John Cena title that has been in abeyance since CM Punk walked out. Daniel Bryan got injured.

FTFY.

• Like 1

The Cesaro/Sheamus/Reigns teeter-totter spot was some disaster movie shit. All we needed was a flaming ladder.

Full credit to RVD- normally I can't stand him but that was his best WWE performance in years. Focused, hitting everything, great house afire spot near the end.

• Like 1

Watching some older stuff on the Network, I miss the days when Triple H and The Rock were going to war over the IC belt and still considered TOP GUYS. It'd be nice to see the IC Title at play with the Shield blood feud. Or hell, give it to Bray. 

• Like 1

Yeah, when the guy comes out and says "hey I still can't feel my arm, thanks for the memories" I typically don't expect him to start handing out running knees  on the same show.

Hey, his arm is hurt, not the knee that beat John Cena.

Watching some older stuff on the Network, I miss the days when Triple H and The Rock were going to war over the IC belt and still considered TOP GUYS. It'd be nice to see the IC Title at play with the Shield blood feud. Or hell, give it to Bray. 

I'd argue that they weren't top guys yet, but well-booked and over up and comers.

• Like 1

I'd argue that they weren't top guys yet, but well-booked and over up and comers.

They probably weren't, but as a kid my perception was that they were a HUGE DEAL. Reading these pages, I hate that the only thing they really book around these days is the world title, so every possible top dude, we're all like 'maybe that guy wins the titles?' There's so much cool shit for these over up and comers to do but fdskgarklgrdhgh they just get put into revolving wrestling matches and sometimes they wrestle John Cena or get to stare at John Cena.

They probably weren't, but as a kid my perception was that they were a HUGE DEAL. Reading these pages, I hate that the only thing they really book around these days is the world title, so every possible top dude, we're all like 'maybe that guy wins the titles?' There's so much cool shit for these over up and comers to do but fdskgarklgrdhgh they just get put into revolving wrestling matches and sometimes they wrestle John Cena or get to stare at John Cena.

I agree with all of this.  Watching HHH and Rock back then, you got the feeling you were watching the future of the business.  I remember there being a lot of hype for each of them after that ladder match.

I think it helps when you have two guys who can feud with each other as they move up the ranks.  Hopefully we're seeing that with our modern day HHH and Austin, Rollins and Ambrose.

I realize he's hurt. I'm not suggesting he had to take any bumps or even do much of anything, he could have came out and hit kane with a lead pipe or something and then been chased to the back, Kane is gone Cena takes out Orton. Same end result, plus Bryan gets one over on Kane and the Authority.

But really with the end of the MITB match Ambrose should have came out to take down Kane.

Hopefully we're seeing that with our modern day HHH and Austin, Rollins and Ambrose.

I was thinking about that today. Rollins = HHH the good all round wrestler who is a cocky son of a bitch

Amrbose = Austin the loose cannon brawler

Reigns = the Rock handsome Samoan who may be limited but his charisma and look make up for his limitations (not as good of a talker though)

Bryan = Foley guy who busted his ass around the world told he'd never make it, abuses his body needlessly (diving headbutt, corner dropkick)

The tag title match was a fucking awesome way to start the show. So so so glad that the Usos got the stench of failure off of them. Then again, they may be the most charismatic tag team in the last ten years. The haka or whatever it is called needs to never go away.

My four year gets up off the sofa and does their entrance with them. He loves him some Usos and Daniel Bright.

The tag title match was a fucking awesome way to start the show. So so so glad that the Usos got the stench of failure off of them. Then again, they may be the most charismatic tag team in the last ten years. The haka or whatever it is called needs to never go away.

My four year gets up off the sofa and does their entrance with them. He loves him some Usos and Daniel Bright.

As much as I don't like when they push Twitter unnaturally, making #UsoCrazy into a thing seems like a lay-up that they're missing.

That reminds me, I HATE when Cole/JBL do the "When I say Uus!/I say Ohhhhh!"...

Can you imagine JR going, "I got two words for ya!" every time the Outlaws started a comeback? And I don't mean in a "This sucks because it's different from what I grew up with" kinda way, but more "This sucks because it's really dumb."

• Like 1

Nothing kills a hot bit in the company faster than having Cole and JBL play along (well, ok, having them crap all over new gimmicks kills them faster, but....)

They both need to stop doing the US/OOOOOO and USOCrazy stuff and just do what Lawler does (hit on Paige).

I cringed when Cole said "Uso Crazy"

You're making me cringe reading that

fucking stop

Oh, let me be clear, I didn't mean Cole/JBL/Lawler should be the ones pushing it. You're right. I wanna vomit when they do that stuff. I meant Jimmy and Jey themselves.