• Los Brazos (Brazo de Plata/El Brazo)
    • Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko
    • Buddy Rose/Doug Sommers
    • Gary Albright/Sabu
    • Satanico/MS-1
    • Dino Bravo/Greg Valentine
    • Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)
    • Twin Towers (Big Bossman/Akeem)
    • British Bulldogs (Dynamite Kid/Davey Boy Smith)
    • Well Dunn (Steve Doll/Timothy Well)
    • Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu

NO ONE SAID I WAS DOING THEM IN ORDER. YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!!!

PICK UP TO 4 TEAMS (Votes are public - if you vote for more than 4, I am not counting your vote.) 

TOP 5 ADVANCE (plus those other two teams)

TOPIC IS CLOSED UNTIL I FINISH POSTING CLIPS

EDDIE & DOUG GILBERT

LOS BRAZOS

(God Bless you Tim Evans - for voting purposes ignore Ken Timbs but in real life don't ignore Ken Timbs)

BENOIT/MALENKO

ROSE/SUMMERS

http://youtu.be/wUi-vfrJl68

This bracket isn't nearly as strong as the first one. 

I think the Road Warriors and the British Bulldogs (especially the latter) age terribly relative to a lot their peers. 

I love Eddie and Doug Gilbert, but I don't necessarily think of them together as much as as singles or in other groups or even feuding.

I've really only seen Satanico/MS-1 as part of a trios. 

You just don't vote for Benoit. Come on now.

New Dream Team is not one of those diamond in the rough units. Blond Dino Bravo is pretty much the worst wrestler of the Federation era.

Well Dunn was perfectly fine at what they did but I'm not sure they rate too well in a tournament like this.

The two no-brainers for me are the Twin Towers, whose matches HAVE aged very well, especially against the Rockers and Demolition (but not just), and Rose/Somers who were the best tag team of 1986 probably, and that's saying a hell of a lot. After that, I'm in a toss up between the Brazos, who I like in what I've seen, but I haven't seen a ton, Satanico/MS-1, and the Gilberts.

I think out of fairness to what I've seen I'm going to have to go with the Gilberts and Satanico/MS-1 though. 

I should have put every single AWA team together just so Matt would have been too paralyzed to vote

EDIT - Wait you DIDN'T VOTE FOR JUMBO/TENRYU????

There's now way I'm voting for Hall/Hennig.

I'm way too tempted to vote for the Irwins though. 

EDIT: I've seen thousands of hours of wrestling I'm sure. And maybe ten of it was Japanese? That's not a gimmick. Most of the Jumbo I've seen outside the AWA has been from the 70s. I would have voted for Baba/Andre!

Brazos

Road Warriors

Twin Towers

Bulldogs

Have not watched nearly enough puro to vote for Jumbo's team. Really wanted to vote Rose/Somers, but there's only four votes allowed. I thought Benoit/Malenko were a boring as fuck tag team, Benoit's team with Beef Wellington was much better, but Beef is dead too, so they don't meet the tournament criteria.

I wanted to vote for the Road Warriors but Valentine and Dino Bravo needed the sympathy vote.

This is a stacked bracket.  Rose and Summers should be at least in third place, but the other teams are splitting the support.

Benoit/Malenko

Road Warriors

Twin Towers

Bulldogs

This one was relatively simple for me. If I had another vote, it would have gone to Rose and Summers.

But yeah, not nearly the heartburn for this one that I had for Ring #1.

Lots of people who haven't watched a Bulldogs match in a long time. They're the worst offenders of face-in-peril WWF 80s tag matches. Dynamite had a massive Napoleon complex that hurt the matches since he always took way too much and I'm short enough that I can say that. 

Lots of people who haven't watched a Bulldogs match in a long time. They're the worst offenders of face-in-peril WWF 80s tag matches. Dynamite had a massive Napoleon complex that hurt the matches since he always took way too much and I'm short enough that I can say that. 

Oh yeah, Rippa and I were discussing the team that would get too much love which would piss us off the most.  We knew it was going to either be Bret/Owen or the Bulldogs.

Road Warriors, Bulldogs, Tsuruata/Tenyru, and Twin Towers are my picks.  This was easier for me to vote on.  I just can't vote for Benoit for obvious reasons, yet I don't have any issue for others that do.

Frankly, I find 21 people voting for Benoit on anything to be pretty interesting (and I'm not judging. I just think it's interesting). I don't think that would have happened even two or three years ago. 

Perhaps its a pity vote for Malenko.

And yeah, Rippa out of the blue recalling the Lyger/Benoit team has made us yell at each other for throwing in shitty fucking Dean Malenko.

God, we suck.

Okay - Voting is now Closed (unfortunately I have to lock the thread too)

I am going to double check the votes (to make sure no one voted more than 4) as I am eating and I will update the results within the hour