DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Rumblings are that Rose did a workout for Carmelo to show him that he's healthy.  And he left dinner early due to a possible ACL injury(source needed).

angry-face.gif

• Like 3

Wade IS going to be underpaid. Unfuckingbelievable. Stephenson and Swaggy are going to get franchise crippling contracts.

Jesus Christ just start the lockout now.

With Wade, the ability to stay on the floor has to be a factor. Not saying he won't be underpaid, but you could almost defend it. As for the others? God bless stupid NBA Gm's, because no one else will. I would if anyone will be stupid/drunk/desperate enough to sign Turner to a undefendable deal?

Wade IS going to be underpaid. Unfuckingbelievable. Stephenson and Swaggy are going to get franchise crippling contracts.

With Wade, the ability to stay on the floor has to be a factor. Not saying he won't be underpaid, but you could almost defend it. As for the others? God bless stupid NBA Gm's, because no one else will. I would if anyone will be stupid/drunk/desperate enough to sign Turner to a undefendable deal?

Milwaukee has cap space and wants a shooting guard, so I'm thinking 'yes.'

He's only a 32.6% career three-point shooter, so we can probably rule out Detroit.

Pacers have signed 2 forwards: Damjan Rudez from Croatia and Shayne Whittington from Western Michigan.  Both are big men that shoot the 3 so it looks like they should both help with their spacing.

The Ben Gordon deal joins the list of ridiculous deals, but its only 2 years. Let's look forward to next summer's "Ben Gordon Expiring Contract" rumors.

Lakers only have like 6 players and at this rate, if they miss out on Melo (*cough* Lebron *cough*) , they should just wait until August and pick from the leftovers. Right now is a good time if you're a fringe FA to strike gold because there's about 4-5 teams trying to get Melo that have cap room or can create it.

What's Miami going to get for role players if these guys are signing for $5-8 million dollars?

Also, Cavs are preparing to put out an offer sheet for Gordon Hayward.

Edited by AlfredoE

It's funny to see all these washed up guards get contracts, but can we stop acting like Lance somehow doesn't deserve a fuck ton of money.

That dude is young and really good at just about everything. A SG who was the best passer and rebounder on a 1 seed? Pay that man.

The Magic are pretty far under the salary floor and won't be attracting any big free agents or contending next year, so there's no real reason for them not to throw out a couple of stupid money contracts.

Seriously. How much more is D Wade worth per year than Lance at this point?

Sure he is incredibly more efficient still, but who cares if he can only play 2/3rds of a season and still can't show up for the playoffs.

Considering Lance's ceiling and Wade's badly aging game, I don't get how the former will be overpaid and the later underpaid.

They'll sign you, me and maybe Fowler.

Fowler's gonna want the max!

I just don't think Lance Stephenson is a guy you give a fuckton of money to and try to build your team around. I wouldn't feel remotely comfortable doing it.

Lance would be pretty great on a 2 or 3-year deal at about $33-36 million. I'm basing my numbers on the fact Jodie Meeks just got 3-years/$19 million and Avery Bradley got 4-years/$36 million. Despite the headaches Lance is way better.

Lance should wait until the Melo/Miami 3 deals get done. Maybe Lowry as well.