DVDVR Message Board

Daredevil would be perfect for TV. Part procedural, part beat-em-up.'

Agreed 100%...and Burn Notice is over, Jeffrey Donovan would be a great Matt Murdock/Daredevil

And I'm fully on the Shield bandwagon after the third episode, show feels like it's building up steam now and I'm starting to like the characters more. 

Don't really agree with this at all. Shield was the perfect show to put on tv. An actual show with superheroes would cost a lot more special effects wise, and Shield has an easy plot dealing with the intelligence/super arms race side of things. You can actually stay a decent bit grounded within that and save the effects for big story climaxes. The only other Marvel character who would lend themselves well to a tv setting is Punisher.

I don't see why Power Man and Iron Fist's powers would have cost more than Graviton did.  Heck, they did a show with a Marvel hero with super strength back in the 70s.  And a DC show with superpowers over 20 years ago.  And another in the 50s! 

Are they even allowed to use Spiderwoman given Fox owns Spiderman?

Spiderwoman has surprisingly almost nothing to do with Spider-Man. So much so that I don't even get why they named her that.

Just a copyright/trademark thing. To make sure another company did not create a Spider-Woman. About the same reason She-Hulk was created.I can't keep up with many current shows without the forbidden ways. So I'm waiting to see if Shield sticks around. But hearing that Graviton appeared made me curious about some things. Is there any chance Graviton is being built up to be a movie villain? He is a favorite of mine and he seems to be way too powerful for Shield to handle alone. 

I'd be willing to bet that Thanos is the Big Bad for the first trilogy of Avengers movies and will probably be sprinkled throughout the next few movies.  I could be wrong but the tease made it seem pretty obvious that the plot of the first Avengers movie was just a ploy to test Earth's defenses.  Thanos is coming for the Avengers, at least I hope so. 

Is there another Marvel property that people thinks would be better for a TV show than Shield? I for one thing they should have jumped on TV with Heroes for Hire. Luke Cage and Iron Fist have powers that wouldn't cost too much money in special effects to make realistic. Luke Cage being a family man adds a wrinkle that is generally ignored in comic book stories. The whole concept of a super hero team of private eyes just seems perfect for television.

I'd rather see a Marvel Knights series on HBO with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, maybe even Blade. Make it like a darker, street-level Avengers.
  • Like 1

A few weeks ago, I looked up ABC/Disney's holdings to see what cable station they could put a cable-quality Marvel show on.  Slim pickings.  From what I saw, the best option was, like, A&E. 

(Of course, that doesn't mean they couldn't partner with another station)

Heroes for Hire would basically be like Burn Notice but with super heroes, put it on USA.  Have Cage and Rand basically be the bottom feeding odd couple trying to cash in on the superhero wave, realizing they can do good work and help people.  But they both have chips on their shoulders for whatever reason.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago, I looked up ABC/Disney's holdings to see what cable station they could put a cable-quality Marvel show on.  Slim pickings.  From what I saw, the best option was, like, A&E.  (Of course, that doesn't mean they couldn't partner with another station)

Wouldnt the Disney Channel be the best cable option?

A few weeks ago, I looked up ABC/Disney's holdings to see what cable station they could put a cable-quality Marvel show on.  Slim pickings.  From what I saw, the best option was, like, A&E.  (Of course, that doesn't mean they couldn't partner with another station)

Wouldnt the Disney Channel be the best cable option?

Not really.  Disney Channel keeps it pretty family friendly, more set up with teen paint-by-numbers sitcoms that they've been running on for years at this point.  

If they fully pulled the trigger on rebooting ABC Family into a more "late-teen/young-adult" channel, instead of half-assing it with putting out more "mature" shows aimed at older kids but keeping the "Family" monkier, they could do it there.