DVDVR Message Board

This is rumor then twisted by speculation but:

There is some thought that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will feature Bruce Banner/Hulk

I don't think there's any way that AoU doesn't end with Hulk being shot off into space. I think that's been a given since Day 1. The idea of putting him with the Guardians is an interesting way to follow up on that without risking another Hulk solo dud, but I imagine that part of the plan will depend on the box office next month.

How pissed off will everyone be, if... the post-credits scene in GoTG is the Blackadder ending, with Thanos standing over the Guardian's corpses, laughing.

How pissed off will everyone be, if... the post-credits scene in GoTG is the Blackadder ending, with Thanos standing over the Guardian's corpses, laughing.

When this movie was announced and I didn't know who these characters were, I thought that was a brilliant idea. Now? I'd be heartbroken.

• Like 2

I caught the last half of Captain America on July 4th and I have to say that movie is in very serious contention for the best movie in this Marvel Universe. I think what puts it over the edge for me is that I buy into Red Skull as an adversary than I ever did Obediah. Outside of Iron Man being RDJ improv for two hours I'm not sure the overall feel to that movie is as solid as the first Captain America. Now that being said I haven't seen Thor 2 or Winter Soldier. Captain America just for me captures the perfect feel of what its going for. 

• Like 2

Two new, relatively inexperienced writers brought on to Ant-Man for rewrites (Gabriel Ferrari and Andrew Barrer). Every piece of news about this movie brings me that much closer to just flat out not wanting to see my favorite superhero get a film.

And yet another trailer for Guardians.

A slightly extended version of this trailer was played at the end of the 17 minute first look that played tonight.  I saw it so here's a brief summary:

They basically play the prison sequence.  Going by the dialogue, Rocket and Groot were going after Star-Lord because he had a bounty on his head.  It sounds like Quill and Gamora were both going after the orb.  Gamora said she was betraying Ronan to give the orb to a third party.  

They are all taken to be locked up in the Klyn.  Rocket is basically portrayed as the brains of the operation.  After they get hosed down, Quill sees that he has some scars and implants in his back to show that Rocket has been through some shit.  

The prisoners taunt Quill and Gamora.  Everyone knows Gamora as a murderer.  Rocket organizes the prison break.  Groot kind of messes it up by removing a part he needs too quickly.  So the guardians start fighting all the guards.  Drax decides to help.  Drax's whole gimmick is that he speaks very "literally" and takes everything seriously.  The prison break sequence was a lot of fun.  

No actual Thanos, but we see another shot of his throne from behind, and Thanos is clearly sitting in it.

• Like 1

Batista interview in which the big, bad internet-hater talks about how much of a geek he is.

Expanding on what you said at Comic-Con, your first big movie is the next big Marvel franchise, so what's that process been like for you?

Actually, my girlfriend just came over to the UK, and she was there the day I found out I'd got the part, and I literally just broke down on the side of the road. I was going to the gym and I got the news on my phone, so I drove home and I walked in and I was a total mess. And now she's come over and we were talking about it, and we both still can't believe I'm here. It's the weirdest thing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53916

I dont' know if there is more to the interview but all this really says is that he was beside himself when he got the part. I think its just as possible that he broke down because it was a HUGE role for him and could easily lead to more roles like that. Not too mention the payday and other things.