DVDVR Message Board

GOTG_IMAX_Poster.jpg

Damnit. My local theater is doing this and there are tickets available. But I'll be at work. And they're giving away that poster for free. Shit.

Unlike BigFresh, I will be able to see this :D .  Fortunately, the theater I live by that's showing this has a REAL IMAX screen.

Thing is, there is always a massive pool of qualified (and overqualified) black actors for a role, because of how few roles they get.

Marvel would almost have to be trying to cast Luke Cage poorly.

Honestly outside of Isaiah Mustafa and Michael Jai White I haven't really liked any of the names people have been throwing out there.

GOTG_IMAX_Poster.jpg

Damnit. My local theater is doing this and there are tickets available. But I'll be at work. And they're giving away that poster for free. Shit.

Unlike BigFresh, I will be able to see this :D . Fortunately, the theater I live by that's showing this has a REAL IMAX screen.

RUB IT IN, WHY DON'T YOU???

You should mail me the poster though. It would look terrible in your place....

• Like 1

I did enjoy that "over my head" line.

But that scene does not instill in me a confidence in Batista's acting ability.

I didn't see that "Iron Fists" movie he was in.

I kinda think he was going for "awkward" there since he didn't get the reference.

• Like 1

The "Iron Fists" role really didn't require much acting (I don't remember if he even had lines).  Batista's job was mostly to have the right look and carry through on the fight scenes the stunt choreographer laid out.  Not to say he can't act, but the movie didn't really indicate much either way. 

• Like 1

Exploitation of Karen Gillan for no reason:

ruTDzEo.jpg

Oh, now don't front like she's above doing the odd slinky self-promotion photo shoots.

Photo shoots like that and Hollywood movies will allow her to transcend typecasting while Matt Smith is taking any role possible that will prevent him from wearing bowties at Whocons for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

Given the shittyness of the last few Terminator related projects, I do not think it is a given that he will be okay.

And if the advances from Cannes are true, Lost River is going to blow goats.

Given how much they were charging at Wizard World Philly for photos with Smith and Gillen, i woukd say embrace the fact you won the nerd littery.

Well the good thing about Dr. Who is that it looks like very few actors look at The Doctor as a stepping stone role and don't seem too terribly bummed out about life after the series. 

Portraying a sci-fi icon is one of the watershed events of their career.

You can always be James Marsters.  Buffy, Angel, Smallville, Torchwood, the (terrible) Dragon Ball movie...

Dude will live off comic-cons and such for the rest of his life, probably quite comfortably.

You can always be James Marsters.  Buffy, Angel, Smallville, Torchwood, the (terrible) Dragon Ball movie...

Dude will live off comic-cons and such for the rest of his life, probably quite comfortably.

Well the Dragon Ball movie lead to an apology tour. 

At this point I tolerate it for leading to Battle Of Gods.