DVDVR Message Board

Got Charlie Cox confused with Charlie Day before clicking the link. It was a brief moment of beautiful insanity I'll never see again.

"And and and and and now I can't SEE! Ok? I i i i ii i i ilost my vision and and and and now like the other senses, they've CLICKED ON! I can smell you. Ok? I i  i can smell you so much better than you can smell me!"

• Like 4

I honestly thought Namor was tied up in the FF rights at Fox.

I have developed a lot of faith in Marvel Studios, but is the world really ready for a movie about "Less known version of Aquaman who is also a total dick"

• Like 2

I honestly thought Namor was tied up in the FF rights at Fox.

I have developed a lot of faith in Marvel Studios, but is the world really ready for a movie about "Less known version of Aquaman who is also a total dick"

I'd really have to think the "total dick" aspect would be one of the biggest selling points of the film.

• Like 2

Namor's superiority complex I think is one of the best things about him.  When Beast was being a bitch after he found out about Cyclop's X-Force kill team, Namor was the only one with the stones to tell him he was being a bitch by leaving the team.  Namor's a good guy, but you really have to earn his respect to get him to fight alongside you.  Otherwise he's just as liable to be your enemy.  He can arguably be just as much of an antihero as a hero.

• Like 1

What started as rumored way for Marvel Studios to cheaply introduce its unknown characters to audiences has now become what we know as Marvel One-Shots, which are creative short film extensions of the Marvel Cinematic Universe released as Blu-ray special features. Considering we've had new One-Shots with the home release of every Marvel Studios movie since Thor (2011), it was a surprise to see the title of a new one missing in the recent home release announcement for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Well, both Entertainment Weekly and Marvel's @AgentM, aka Ryan Penagos, have confirmed that it was no mistake and that Marvel will not be developing a One-Shot for the Joe and Anthony Russo-directed movie, which hits Blu-ray/DVD on September 9.

There is no word on why there will not be a new follow-up to Drew Pearce's fun All Hail The King One-Shot, but EW recalls Marvel executives declaring that

"they might bring a temporary halt to the One-Shots if they didn’t have a strong story idea or their full focus was needed on the feature film pipeline." It may just be the latter considering all of what has been going on with Ant-Man recently, however, that didn't come to light until last week.

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

Surprising and disappointing news.

When Edgar Wright ("Hot Fuzz") suddenly departed Marvel's Ant-Man, fans were stunned. Who could blame them? Wright had been working on the project for eight years, before the Marvel cinematic universe began with Iron Man. It finally looked like it would become a reality as Wright had shot and presented some fantastic test footage proving that the diminutive superhero could hold his own. We all knew Wright could pull off comedy but we were convinced he could handle action as well when Wright delivered a great choreographed action sequence (bathroom brawl) in 2013's The World's End. Wright's Ant-Man will now go down as one of the great "what ifs" of cinema. So, who will replace Edgar Wright? The Hollywood Reporter believes they know of three directors that are in the hunt:

"Sources say Rawson Thurber, Adam McKay and Ruben Fleischer are among a group of directors that are meeting with the studio to replace Edgar Wright." - Borys Kit

Alright, let's take a closer look at the contenders. First up, Rawson Marshall Thurber. Thurber is best known for directing DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story, We're the Millers and Easy A. Adam McKay is best known for directing Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby and Step Brothers. Lastly, Ruben Fleischer is responsible for Zombieland, 30 Minutes or Less andGangster Squad.

Credit: comicbookfilm.com

I'd choose either Adam McKay for Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy or Ruben Fleischer for Zombieland. Still wish Edgar Wright was on board.

Namor's superiority complex I think is one of the best things about him.  When Beast was being a bitch after he found out about Cyclop's X-Force kill team, Namor was the only one with the stones to tell him he was being a bitch by leaving the team.  Namor's a good guy, but you really have to earn his respect to get him to fight alongside you.  Otherwise he's just as liable to be your enemy.  He can arguably be just as much as an antihero as a hero.

Namor's been around forever, I know, but he works best within the FF framework.  And he sorta works in the X framework.  He has absolutely no place in the Marvel Studios universe.