DVDVR Message Board

I dunno guys.

I'm a pretty positive dude.   I am a Marvel fan and I have friends that work on this shit so it usually colors my opinion quite a bit.

I see all this shit in the theatre like right when it comes out.

A Black Widow movie screams "wait until it's streaming on Netflix" to me.  I'm not the only one, right?

Nah, it's kinda sad that people have to pretend Black Widow is anything but a c-lister because everyone else is tied up in other movies.

Iron Man can support a series longer than 12 issues, verdict is out on Rocket & Ant-Man, Widow has had 2 movies, soon to be three, and was the 2md worst part of The Avengers.  Maybe she was tied with Hawkeye.  Probably would have been better off with Mockingbird

Iron Man can support a series longer than 12 issues, verdict is out on Rocket & Ant-Man, Widow has had 2 movies, soon to be three, and was the 2md worst part of The Avengers.  Maybe she was tied with Hawkeye.  Probably would have been better off with Mockingbird

Iron Man was a long running series before the movie, but so was Avengers, and they sold shit compared to X Men and Spider Man.

Widow being in two of the movies going on four (cap 2 and Avengers) is part of my point that they're building her to carry a solo film. 

An opinion that you didn't like Black Widow in Avengers doesn't have any bearing on how well a Widow film would do in the box office. The character and portrayal has grown a very, very solid fandom and is clear front runner for a lady fronted super hero film, which is going to happen for a few reasons: fans are rattling for it, the character can can carry it, Marvel gets the accolades for doing it before WB even gets a Wonder Woman movie into preproduction. 

I personally really dug her in Avengers, especially her stuff with Banner. 

I'm with you on Hawkeye, though. Blandblandblandblandbland

I'd be all for a Hawkeye movie if the movie Hawkeye had a personality.

I'm not sure why studios see Renner as this charismatic megastar. Clint is supposed to be a smart ass dickhead. I don't know if you saw that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters movie, but if they had cast someone with a little more Bruce Campbell in them instead of Renner, we'd be hailing it as the spiritual sequel to Army of Darkness. The dude is just so, sooooooooooo boring. 

I heard

(PRETTY MAJOR LIFE RUINING SPOILER)

Hawkeye dies

in one of the upcoming movies. So that could be the basis of a Widow movie.

I think that's more speculation than rumor. With Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Vision being a part of Avengers 2 and possibly Ant-Man joining the team in Avengers 3, some of these guys gotta be written out.

Nah there was a whole thing with Perez Hilton and sites like that where they had said that Renner wouldn't be in AoU because he did a Ziggler in an interview

Now that he is confirmed for it everyone thinks he's still going to be "punished" for complaining his role in Avengers sucked, which it did

I recently made a post about Marvel Studios solo films I wanted to see. Black Widow was one so I can tick that. Hopefully my others: Winter Soldier and Loki will happen. Just remembered in that post I didn't ask for a solo Incredible Hulk film.

We'll likely find out some of the Marvel Phase Three films at this year's San Diego Comic-Con like we did at San Diego Comic-Con 2012 for Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. Think Ant-Man was that event/year as well.

I think it'll solely depend on the writer/director combo. If you're looking at a possibly Joss Whedon written/directed Black Widow, that's gonna bring not just the girls but a lot of the geek community out. Say what you will, the dude can write some female oriented stories. It's right in his wheelhouse, and I could see him taking the project if he doesn't have too much on his place after Avengers 2 finishes wrapping.

Black Widow movie = Elektra movie

Dude, how can something that doesn't exist yet so no one can say anything about it be the equal of something that does exist and stinks?

Because women, apparently.

• Like 1

Black Widow movie = Elektra movie

Dude, how can something that doesn't exist yet so no one can say anything about it be the equal of something that does exist and stinks?

Because women, apparently.

I'd say because bland, uninteresting women with shit (or in this case no) superpowers personally.